Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] 10 Players To Keep An Eye On In 2017

318 posts in this topic

Freak, it's all in good fun.  Mocks mean nothing, you are correct....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BG Fournette is close for me, but I see him as a 2 down back.  Granted, we have a pretty good 3rd down back on our roster right now, but he's getting up there in age

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, rsnyder23 said:

Considering we aren't competing for a SB this year, I'd be all about drafting Sidney Jones in the 3rd if his injury dropped him that far.  Put him on the PUP to start the season and give him about a half a year to get up to speed for 2018

Just had his surgery, is said to begin running in 4 months, he said on Twitter his Doc told him he'll play this year, rather optimistic imo, but, we shall see. All people heal differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see him playing early, but like I said, PUP and maybe he can start playing week 10 or so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rsnyder23 said:

but I see him as a 2 down back.

Charles Robinson agrees with you, said he, along with AP are 2 down backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time will tell, that's the great thing about all these opinions.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mocks are fun n all but when you keep projecting a guy to go here or in this round it starts becoming a wishlist rather than a Mock. Hurry up draft these wishlists are going overboard.

Using CBS as a guide.have no clue where they actually go(as we all know)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  49 minutes ago, rsnyder23 said:

Ok, how about this.  Of the top 10 rushers in the NFL this year, 1 was drafted in the first round, 2 in the second, and 7 3rd or later.  Can we quit trying to be the Cowboys?  Elliot is a special RB running behind a top 10 all time O line.   None of the backs this year are in Zeke's class. 

Got nothing to do with being the Cowboys just think Fournette is worth a 1st round pick only RB I think that of though and I don't believe he is worth trading up for.....I don't think the Eagles go RB though round 1 still leaning toward the D side of the ball 

I dunno if you can pass up Coray Davis if he's there.Basically Alshon and Smith are here for POSSIBLY ONE year.It's also possible we re-sign them,but if we DONT then we are back to no WR's with real promise who can play outside.Tired of the ONE and DONE,lets get some long term guys in here

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  15 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:
  52 minutes ago, rsnyder23 said:

Ok, how about this.  Of the top 10 rushers in the NFL this year, 1 was drafted in the first round, 2 in the second, and 7 3rd or later.  Can we quit trying to be the Cowboys?  Elliot is a special RB running behind a top 10 all time O line.   None of the backs this year are in Zeke's class. 

Got nothing to do with being the Cowboys just think Fournette is worth a 1st round pick only RB I think that of though and I don't believe he is worth trading up for.....I don't think the Eagles go RB though round 1 still leaning toward the D side of the ball 

I dunno if you can pass up Coray Davis if he's there.Basically Alshon and Smith are here for POSSIBLY ONE year.It's also possible we re-sign them,but if we DONT then we are back to no WR's with real promise who can play outside.Tired of the ONE and DONE,lets get some long term guys in here

Corey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BG Fournette is close for me, but I see him as a 2 down back.  Granted, we have a pretty good 3rd down back on our roster right now, but he's getting up there in age

Well I'd like 2 RB's actually.We COULD even wait and take Conner late and UDFA Cohen as a future Sproles replacement.Just a thought!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also have no CBs on roster right now basically at least we have 2 starting WRs....Smith we can have for 3 years if we want to keep him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I am the Eagles going D.....WR I am taking mid rounds develop behind Alshon and Smith and Jmatt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So,just to needle Freak a bit more(he may fly up from down under and beat me into the next zip code) but wanted to see what we could do if Corey is there at 14.So here goes nuttin 1)Davis-WR 2) garen Conly-CB-Ohio state 3)Dalvin Tomlinson-DT-Alabama4) Tanoh Kpassagnon-DE-Villanova 4) Zach Banner(OG now but projected to be a ROT in the NFL)-OT 5)James Conner-RB-Pitt(before his bout with cancer he would have been a lock round 1,2 so I'd take a flier here) 6)Shaquille Griffin-CB-UCF 7)Hunter Dimick-DE-Utah.UDAF-Tarik Cohen-RB,Ashton Lampkin-CB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  27 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Mocks are fun n all but when you keep projecting a guy to go here or in this round it starts becoming a wishlist rather than a Mock. Hurry up draft these wishlists are going overboard.

Using CBS as a guide.have no clue where they actually go(as we all know)

Theres using them as a guide but i still see the trade back to get this guy or cant get this guy coz i want to get this guy later?? Its player targeting a wishlist more than a real Mock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So,will have to see who else comes in for a private meeting(Corey has already)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So,just to needle Freak a bit more(he may fly up from down under and beat me into the next zip code) but wanted to see what we could do if Corey is there at 14.So here goes nuttin 1)Davis-WR 2) garen Conly-CB-Ohio state 3)Dalvin Tomlinson-DT-Alabama4) Tanoh Kpassagnon-DE-Villanova 4) Zach Banner(OG now but projected to be a ROT in the NFL)-OT 5)James Conner-RB-Pitt(before his bout with cancer he would have been a lock round 1,2 so I'd take a flier here) 6)Shaquille Griffin-CB-UCF 7)Hunter Dimick-DE-Utah.UDAF-Tarik Cohen-RB,Ashton Lampkin-CB

Hahaha the torture

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So,will have to see who else comes in for a private meeting(Corey has already)

Davis, Ross and Williams have all come in for meetings, along with Reuben Foster, Marlon Humphrey, Cook, Fournette and Ryan Anderson. They've held private workouts with WR's John Ross, Chris Godwin, Mike Williams and TE Michael Roberts.

The 2 other private workouts were with West Virginia C Tyler Orlosky and OLB Avery Williams.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Don Corleone said:

Chris Godwin,

Would be a perfect mid-rounder for the Eagles to target IMO 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So,just to needle Freak a bit more(he may fly up from down under and beat me into the next zip code) but wanted to see what we could do if Corey is there at 14.So here goes nuttin 1)Davis-WR 2) garen Conly-CB-Ohio state 3)Dalvin Tomlinson-DT-Alabama4) Tanoh Kpassagnon-DE-Villanova 4) Zach Banner(OG now but projected to be a ROT in the NFL)-OT 5)James Conner-RB-Pitt(before his bout with cancer he would have been a lock round 1,2 so I'd take a flier here) 6)Shaquille Griffin-CB-UCF 7)Hunter Dimick-DE-Utah.UDAF-Tarik Cohen-RB,Ashton Lampkin-CB

Hahaha the torture

Well,unfortunately,being a Birdbrain,you have to put up with my annual 500 mocks LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foster would be amazing if he dropped that far, but I don't see it happening.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be happy if they just nail the pick as a starter! No more M. Smith picks please!! IF he is a WR, RB CB or a DE, I really will not complain as long as the pick proves to be a good one. If we can do that for 4 of our first 6 picks, I would be very pleased indeed!!

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  40 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Mocks are fun n all but when you keep projecting a guy to go here or in this round it starts becoming a wishlist rather than a Mock. Hurry up draft these wishlists are going overboard.

Using CBS as a guide.have no clue where they actually go(as we all know)

Theres using them as a guide but i still see the trade back to get this guy or cant get this guy coz i want to get this guy later?? Its player targeting a wishlist more than a real Mock

Duuno aren't all mocks and drafts wish lists? I WISH we just get this one right lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rsnyder23 said:

Foster would be amazing if he dropped that far, but I don't see it happening.

Never know

The MMQBVerified account @theMMQB  3h3 hours ago
At least 1 team with a top 15 pick had already removed Reuben Foster from consideration before the combine incident. http://trib.al/okA1h0X 
 
The MMQBVerified account @theMMQB  34m34 minutes ago
NFL Teams are concerned about Reuben Foster's Xs & Os ability. @RobertKlemko on Foster's pre-draft process: http://trib.al/XUjCk1G 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Ross had an average Pro Day.

Foster brains getting put into question now. Maybe hes not a X O guy just put him on the field n he'll put you ij position n make plays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be happy if they just nail the pick as a starter! No more M. Smith picks please!! IF he is a WR, RB CB or a DE, I really will not complain as long as the pick proves to be a good one. If we can do that for 4 of our first 6 picks, I would be very pleased indeed!!

Amen!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0