318 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Chris Godwin,

Would be a perfect mid-rounder for the Eagles to target IMO 

If we miss on Davis I would agree

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Never know

The MMQBVerified account @theMMQB  3h3 hours ago
At least 1 team with a top 15 pick had already removed Reuben Foster from consideration before the combine incident. http://trib.al/okA1h0X 

The MMQBVerified account @theMMQB  34m34 minutes ago
NFL Teams are concerned about Reuben Foster's Xs & Os ability. @RobertKlemko on Foster's pre-draft process: http://trib.al/XUjCk1G 

Eagles could use a WILL LB Hicks has the middle manned and his brains make him the QB of our D..... Foster could fit well next to him at WILL 

How long before his wonderlic gets leaked?  Just because a guy can't draw it up on a marker board doesn't mean he can't see it when he's on the field.

4 people like this

The real question I have is how much does the playing time increase for our 3rd LB.....Do the Eagles stay in base more with a 3rd LB???? I mean Kendricks was only on the field for what 29% of the D snaps last year I believe......

1 person likes this

I can't agree with a third rounder for CB Jones. I had him as late second/early third as it was. He will have a lost rookie season. I just don't think we are in any kind of position to do such. Too much talent in the third round that can begin to develop this season. Several injured potentially talented players. Beckwith,Jones...Can't do it on day two though. Day three we could think about it.

1 person likes this

I can't agree with a third rounder for CB Jones. I had him as late second/early third as it was. He will have a lost rookie season. I just don't think we are in any kind of position to do such. Too much talent in the third round that can begin to develop this season. Several injured potentially talented players. Beckwith,Jones...Can't do it on day two though. Day three we could think about it.

Well once he returns(he said the surgery went very well) then you have a potential starting CB,which is fine as long as we have this year covered.With no 2nd pick next year(so far) it would be like drafting him in round 2 next year lol(but you already have him).So no clue what we do there

16 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well once he returns(he said the surgery went very well) then you have a potential starting CB,which is fine as long as we have this year covered.With no 2nd pick next year(so far) it would be like drafting him in round 2 next year lol(but you already have him).So no clue what we do there

It all depends on how well he recovers from this injury, some players (DeMeco Ryans) respond well, but there are others that haven't. it remains to be seen at this point.

1 person likes this

I don't agree. The guy already was being surpassed by many other top corners before injury(Lattimore,Humphrey,Wilson were already ahead) Tankersley,Tabor,Conley,White,Moreau...with Awuzie and King in competion. So he has to fall down the draft board because of this injury. So 3rd is too early

How long before his wonderlic gets leaked?  Just because a guy can't draw it up on a marker board doesn't mean he can't see it when he's on the field.

Dunno if any of you guys watch the TV series Ballers but there is a LB with the same prob cant do the X O on paper with Jay Glazier. But if you give him a situation or put him in a scenario BAM! He spits it all out no hesitation.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:
  1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  1 hour ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Mocks are fun n all but when you keep projecting a guy to go here or in this round it starts becoming a wishlist rather than a Mock. Hurry up draft these wishlists are going overboard.

Using CBS as a guide.have no clue where they actually go(as we all know)

Theres using them as a guide but i still see the trade back to get this guy or cant get this guy coz i want to get this guy later?? Its player targeting a wishlist more than a real Mock

Duuno aren't all mocks and drafts wish lists? I WISH we just get this one right lol

Nah when i read guys especially on here lately say move back to get this guy or i cant get this guy coz i want to get this guy later thats when i see it as just another wishlist.

Say i want Tanoh Kpassgnon in the 3rd but when i come to pick McCaffery, Quincy Wilson, Cordrea Tankersly or other 1st round graded players. I see alot of people still go for Tanoh. Might as well just list players you want instead of dressing it up as a 'Mock'

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wow you had Jones really far down Mayock had Jones as his best CB till he got hurt.....Goes to show that everyone has players ranked all over the place I thought Jones was one of the better CBs as well before injury 

44 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:
Courtney FallonVerified account @CourtneyFallon_  41s42 seconds ago
#UCLA CB Fabian Moreau suffered what's believed to be a pectoral injury during the bench press today. Full injury extent not clear yet.

Wow bummer for Fabian he was working his way up as a possible late 1st rounder 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:
Courtney FallonVerified account @CourtneyFallon_  41s42 seconds ago
#UCLA CB Fabian Moreau suffered what's believed to be a pectoral injury during the bench press today. Full injury extent not clear yet.

UGH

Its clear if its a tear or not. So its good they said its not clear just sounds like a tweak. Mora reckons its not serious.

1 person likes this

Hey where do y'all think this kid Obi Melfonu will go in the Draft... is he a player that our Birds would have interest in, Big, fast and athletic played safety. This kid thinks he could play CB on the outside and in the slot? At 06'04" had a 40+ Vertical at the combine. I was very impressed with this kid.

3 people like this

Hey where do y'all think this kid Obi Melfonu will go in the Draft... is he a player that our Birds would have interest in, Big, fast and athletic played safety. This kid thinks he could play CB on the outside and in the slot? At 06'04" had a 40+ Vertical at the combine. I was very impressed with this kid.

2nd rounder or top of the 1st i reckon.

1 person likes this

Well we can't afford "thinks he can play CB" we need to KNOW he can lol

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Pitt's James Conner has a workout scheduled with the Eagles, March 28th

Around The NFLVerified account @AroundTheNFL  39m39 minutes ago
James Conner: There were times [when I had Hodgkin lymphoma] where I didn't recognize myself http://www.NFL.com/JamesConner?campaign=Twitter_atn …

I think Connor would fit nicely with the Eagles give us a guy who can get 20-25 touches a game plus we don't lose much with him on the field 1 and 2nd down since he can still be a threat catching the ball 

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Pitt's James Conner has a workout scheduled with the Eagles, March 28th

Around The NFLVerified account @AroundTheNFL  39m39 minutes ago
James Conner: There were times [when I had Hodgkin lymphoma] where I didn't recognize myself http://www.NFL.com/JamesConner?campaign=Twitter_atn …

I think Connor would fit nicely with the Eagles give us a guy who can get 20-25 touches a game plus we don't lose much with him on the field 1 and 2nd down since he can still be a threat catching the ball 

Yep I'd take a flier on him in the 5th

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, johnreaves said:

If I could only upgrade three of these four areas: CB, DE, LB, RB.....running back would be last. It's the least worrisome position.

RB is one of the least worrisome positions this year but still could use an upgrade. A team should always be looking to upgrade every position,especially RB with the majority of 'em havin a reduced shelf life. If not then they're not too interested in winning a championship. That doesn't mean that you take one in 1st or 2nd Rd. Just that you should always be lookin for an upgrade,the less $$$ invested,the better. Not sayin you are wrong,just stating my opinion & you have every right to yours.

RB is a very punishing position to play and most teams if they get a good one they'll ride him 5-6 yrs.till the wheels fall off & look for a replacement.

Edited by EaglesTD123
type error
1 person likes this

21 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

No, we need to replenish the RB position and get guys some reps.Probably Sproles last year and who knows if we even keep RMat,who gets hurt alot.Why would you NOT take a RB?? This is what we have always done.Rather than get a "pipeline" going we just deplete a position then wonder why we cant win(aka Oline and Cb) The top teams cultivate next years players.We seem to have difficulty doing that.But now we have a staff in place,so maybe we can start the pipeline

Very well said,GBFL. Plus to add to that,I'd look for a RB every year,whether it be the draft and/or an UDFA. RB's get the snot pounded out of 'em.

1 person likes this