Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McNabbIsGone

'Johnny Football' Making A Comeback?

25 posts in this topic

Sean Payton was been seen dining with Johnny Manziel during the time of the Super Bowl.  

GADZOOKS!!!  WHAT  TRANSPIRES?!? 

Drew Brees is a free agent after 2017 but says he wants to play for a few more years.

He didn't say where . . .

You just knew that, sooner or later, someone in the league was gonna

look this  NUMB-SKULL  up to see if he finally has his skull on straight. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000794771/article/sean-payton-saints-have-interest-in-johnny-manziel

Sean Payton is no a no nonsense coach.  Johnny football would have a very short leash.  But him learning under Drew Brees is an interesting scenerio  

2 people like this

Now I don't wanna be that guy, but I gotta say it... it Manziel gets a job before Kaepernick does... yowza lol

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Marinomanx013 said:

Now I don't wanna be that guy, but I gotta say it... it Manziel gets a job before Kaepernick does... yowza lol

Nah... Manziel's NFL career is over.

Sean Payton merely had a conversation with him and in NFL downtime, media outlets try to make something a story when it's not.

Kaepernick will get a backup gig probably after the draft.

Guys like RG3, Cutler, and Fitzpatrick are looking for work too. 

They're in the same boat. Of course, media pundits are only focusing on Kaep because he protested.

3 people like this

Just now, vincent_NJG said:

Sean Payton merely had a conversation with him and in NFL downtime, media outlets try to make something a story when it's not.

They're in the same boat. Of course, media pundits are only focusing on Kaep because he protested.

The teams that might take Kap dont need him ..... The rest dont want the PR crap storm it would bring .  Johnny will get pushed through by NFL to get a chance because its a good story  "IF" he really changes his ways 

Id be absolutely stunned if Johnny is in the NFL this fall.

Yeah sure, it would be an interesting story but the team that signs him, signs the priviledged, immature, drug addicted, woman beating, idiot who was never that good in the first place.

The media backlash won't be kind. It also wouldn't be worth it.

His only contact with the NFL was breakfast with Sean Payton way back during Super Bowl week. This is actually old news that's being reported the same time Sean Payton is holding private workouts with Patrick Mahomes.

Free agency has come to a halt for the most part until the draft is over and the NFL media is desperate for a story.

3 people like this

23 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

In a league that's QB-hungry I don't know if I'd go that far. Let's just say he's got a helluva ways to go before a team is gonna trust him . . . and any contract he gets will include down-time for suspension(s) and almost no guarantees beyond league minimum. 

I'm thinking the same thing. Just filling in the 'down-time.' 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, vincent_NJG said:

Ultimately I agree with your take on Johnny and Colin. 

1 person likes this

I don't really follow college football, so did Manziel have these issues before he got to the NFL? Did everyone know he was a punk off the field?

Just now, The_Talon said:

I don't really follow college football, so did Manziel have these issues before he got to the NFL? Did everyone know he was a punk off the field?

Pretty much, yeah.

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, The_Talon said:

He was a partier. His biggest issue was signing memorabilia and selling it while at A&M. That got him in the most hot water.

Funny how the coach of a team that plays in the biggest party town in the country would be the one talking to him.

Manziel might get another chance on another team somewhere but I don't see him being a starter in this league that's for sure. A team might take a chance on his talent as a back up if they really think they can keep him under control but I don't think he's got the skill set or the intelligence to make it as a QB in the NFL. I mean it's not like he looked like a world beater when he was playing was it! Appreciate he didn't get a lot of chances but he showed nothing in those snaps. 

In order to make a comeback you have to have been there in the first place. More like "Johnny Football may actually try and make his first real attempt at being an NFL player."

but don't hold your breath.

6 people like this

Manziel is a loser and a failure...but 2 years as Brees' backup (if the Saints would even be interested) is probably the absolute best possible situation for him to give him a shred of a shot.

Ignore the off-field incidents for a second...his playing style sucks for the NFL.  Learning under Brees and the Saints offense might be the ONE fit that teaches him to be an NFL QB.

I'd bet heavily against it...

2 people like this

Per Jason Cole: Saints have zero interest in Johnny Football.

Looks like it was just a breakfast conversation 6 weeks ago with no real contact since.

Per media outlets desperate for a story: Johnny Manziel to be heir apparent to Drew Brees.

1 person likes this

On 3/24/2017 at 0:30 PM, The_Talon said:

Yes... But it took the fame and fortune of playing in the NFL for him to really fly off the wheel.

Manziel's play in college was to run around in the backfield like a maniac and make insane throws. I knew his game wouldn't translate at all in the NFL. And it turns out he's a complete nut case to boot.

Don't you have to have been successful, then fallen off, to make a 'comeback'? How can a nobody and a never was, make a 'comeback'? A 'comeback' for Manziel would mean that he's going from being sober to being an idiot drunk/druggie who doesn't care about football. That's a 'comeback' for him, because that's all he's ever been (in terms of the NFL).

19 hours ago, toolg said:

Yes... But it took the fame and fortune of playing in the NFL for him to really fly off the wheel.

Manziel's play in college was to run around in the backfield like a maniac and make insane throws. I knew his game wouldn't translate at all in the NFL. And it turns out he's a complete nut case to boot.

Exactly. I was opposed to the Eagles drafting him based solely on his game not translating at all to the NFL. I know there were some on TATE that were all about drafting him. 

On 3/24/2017 at 7:14 AM, vincent_NJG said:

Well that...and the fact that Kap was the most successful out of the three.

That being said, he doesn't bring enough to the table for me to want to inherit the off field issues and attention.

He brought it upon himself.  He wanted to be known as more than an NFL QB, when all the NFL wants is an NFL QB.

4 hours ago, nipples said:

Exactly. I was opposed to the Eagles drafting him based solely on his game not translating at all to the NFL. I know there were some on TATE that were all about drafting him. 

What's always amused me is that it was the Eagles pick that drafted him.

Of course, we sure got our money's worth out of that first round too... Marchs Smith. 0 Starts, 4 Sacks and 12 Tackles in 37 games played.

On 3/24/2017 at 3:42 AM, Marinomanx013 said:

There's already a meme implying racism because a team is interested in Manziel and not Kaepernick

1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

There's already a meme implying racism because a team is interested in Manziel and not Kaepernick

Kaps bi racial ..... Race card dont count 

2 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Kaps bi racial ..... Race card dont count 

Interesting world you live in

7 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Interesting world you live in

Race card doesn't apply here. It's just much easier for people to drop the race card in lieu of actually knowing ish 

23 hours ago, mike030270 said:

That's pretty funny. 

I understand completely why teams don't want kaepernick......the guy is a lousy QB.......1-2 look guy who gets happy feet.  Still can't read defenses, gets confused and makes too many mistakes.  Not to mention if I owned a team, I wouldn't want a guy who disses the flag and the country while representing my football team.

1 person likes this