Don Corleone

Michael Irvin investigated for sexual assault

30 posts in this topic

Hall of Fame Cowboys receiver and NFL Network commentator Michael Irvin is being investigated in a sexual assault case.

A 27-year-old woman told police she and Irvin were out at a bar and went back to his hotel together. She says she began to feel sick in his room, remembers fighting him off, and woke up as he was checking out. She called 911 at 7:30 a.m. on March 21, said she feared she was drugged and raped, and went to a medical lab for a swab and blood test, according to TMZ.

Irvin’s lawyer, Larry Friedman, is denying the charge.

"The allegations are completely false,” Friedman told TMZ. "In the few hours since we’ve learned about them we’ve already discovered many red flags about this young woman’s background and the allegations she made against Michael. Even the complaint that she made specifically says she does not recall the events that took place. She was very drunk that night. Nothing happened and there was no assault.”

This is at least the third time Irvin has been accused of sexual assault, but he has never been criminally charged. In 1997 he was falsely accused by a woman named Nina Shahravan, who admitted she lied and was sentenced to 90 days in jail for misdemeanor perjury in connection with the incident. In 2007 he was accused of sexually assaulting a woman in a hotel room. Prosecutors did not press charges, she sued him in civil court, he countersued for defamation, and those lawsuits resulted in a confidential settlement.

NFL Network told PFT that it will decline comment at this time.

It would be hard for the league-owned NFL Network to justify not suspending Irvin now that he has been accused again, given the precedent the league set by suspending Ben Roethlisberger. Although Roethlisberger maintained his innocence and did not face criminal charges, he was first named in a civil suit by one woman who claimed he raped her in a hotel room, then named later in a criminal complaint by another woman who claimed he sexually assaulted her in a bar restroom. After the second accusation, the NFL suspended Roethlisberger for the first four games of the 2010 season. Although Roethlisberger is an active player while Irvin is a retired player who works for the league as a broadcaster, they both work in the NFL, and the NFL has said its personal conduct rules apply to everyone who works in the league.

Irvin has not commented on the accusation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/29/michael-irvin-accused-of-sexual-assault/

I hate to say it but I'm a bit skeptical of this one. 

That being said.....

Irvin is a complete and utter idiot for putting himself in these situations. 

At this point he should either pay for it, ****e, or better yet, focus on his significant other.

Total moron.

2 people like this

Well she did the right thing she didn't know if something happened or not but suspected and immediately went and got checked out.

Maybe he pulled a Cosby or she was just really drunk and nothing happened we'll see but this is great timing after his speexh about how Eliot should behave.

25 minutes ago, gibsonplyer said:

Well she did the right thing she didn't know if something happened or not but suspected and immediately went and got checked out.

Maybe he pulled a Cosby or she was just really drunk and nothing happened we'll see but this is great timing after his speexh about how Eliot should behave.

Classic do as I tell you, not as a I do

here for the "once and cowboy, always a cowboy" jokes:pizza:

Irvin has done a lot of drugs in his day. Are we sure this isn't a case of osmosis?

11 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

NFL Network told PFT that it will decline comment at this time.

Aren't they still declining to say anything about Sharper? All this time has gone by, have they even mentioned his case once?

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Aren't they still declining to say anything about Sharper? All this time has gone by, have they even mentioned his case once?

No idea

I'm not going to judge him on this particular incident. Lord knows, we have all the stupid stuff he's done over the last 20-odd years to judge him on. Hopefully this will be enough to get his dopy butt off the NFL Network so I don't have to tolerate his idiocy any longer.

At bare minimum . . . he's an  IDIOT  for putting himself in these types of situations.

At worst, he's a Bill Cosby wannabe masquerading as a retired NFL star.

Please Mike, I'm beggin' ya . . .  JUST  GO  AWAY!

Wasn't Irvin accused of rape a couple of times during his playing career? I may be misremembering that, but it seems like he was.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, gibsonplyer said:

Having sex with someone who is really drunk is rape.

3 minutes ago, McNabb2Jackson7 said:

Having sex with someone who is really drunk is rape.

Never meant to suggest otherwise.  By saying really drunk and nothing happened I meant there was no sex and literally nothing happened.  There is a chance Irvin was just stupid but not a criminal she doesn't know.  If they find there was any sex then yes he raped her.

1 person likes this

Just now, McNabb2Jackson7 said:

Idk, that's a tough one. I would guess it would come down to who filed the complaint? Not sure though, that is tricky.

After I thought about it for a second, I deleted that post as to not offend, or open up a can of worms. If he did it, he deserves all that comes to him, and if she's lying, same goes for her.

One thing is true in all this...cowboys still suck!

2 people like this

If this gets him kicked off NFLN, then we just need some way of ridding the network of Sanders and maybe it'll start to become more watchable again.

1 person likes this

I am not so skeptical in this case.... Irvin settled a sex assault lawsuit about 10 years ago.

There was another case when a cheerleader accused him of assault while he was playing, right before a playoff game that the Cowboys lost. But it turned out the story was fabricated (so it is said). He was also arrested for drug possession in his past.

I understand rich famous guys can be targets of money-grabbing women looking for a payday in court... But even if he keeps taking advantage of the situation, it's going to come around and get him. I think there is something to this story. And who knows how many more stories like this are out there, where the victim hasn't come forward.

This has cropped up with him one too many times for me to benefit him with any doubt at all. It has nothing to do with his being a Cowboy either.

14 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Wasn't Irvin accused of rape a couple of times during his playing career? I may be misremembering that, but it seems like he was.

he was accused once....the lady said he and another player (Eric Williams) did it.....problem was she said it happened in Dallas...they were in NY playing the Giants that weekend. She actually went to jail for it.

that said, if this is true, he needs to pay the price....if it's not, he's a dumbarse for putting himself in that position

3 hours ago, toolg said:

I am not so skeptical in this case.... Irvin settled a sex assault lawsuit about 10 years ago.

There was another case when a cheerleader accused him of assault while he was playing, right before a playoff game that the Cowboys lost. But it turned out the story was fabricated (so it is said). He was also arrested for drug possession in his past.

I understand rich famous guys can be targets of money-grabbing women looking for a payday in court... But even if he keeps taking advantage of the situation, it's going to come around and get him. I think there is something to this story. And who knows how many more stories like this are out there, where the victim hasn't come forward.

it wasn;t a cheerleader, it was stripper, and it was fabricated...she said it happened in Dallas on a Saturday night...however Irvin was in NY or some ish because they played a game the next day, so there is no "so it's said" she was actually charged by the police.

the sexual assault case was shady as ish, she never went to the police, she just filed a lawsuit asking for money.

again, all that said, he's dumb as ish for putting himself in these positions, also, have no idea if this latest allegation is true, if it is, he deserves whatever he gets.

also, as much as I defend him over the first two cases...I don't know many innocent men who get falsely accused 3 times.....there is something there

2 people like this

I haven't known many professional athletes, but I have known a few .... and they all had a ridiculous amount of female attention.

Why some athletes feel the need to force themselves on one, I'll never understand

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

I haven't known many professional athletes, but I have known a few .... and they all had a ridiculous amount of female attention.

Why some athletes feel the need to force themselves on one, I'll never understand

Ego. They have a "How dare you say no to me!" Mindset and therefore believe that due to all the female attention they get, that each and every woman on earth could only be so lucky to be intimate with them.

Basically they feel entitled to all women whether the woman approves or not 

2 people like this

Hopefully he has a fall guy.

52 minutes ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Hopefully he has a fall guy.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

:lol: never gets old

1 person likes this

Just now, Don Corleone said:

:lol: never gets old

I actually watched the whole thing this time, it has more of the song than I'd previously heard before.

1 person likes this

I wouldn't be shocked if he's guilty

And I wouldn't be shocked if he's being framed