Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Franchise QB, Moves Promote Optimism

713 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Just copy someone elses mock lol.More fun when we have to guess who the birds take

With the 14th Overall Selection, the Philadelphia Eagles select...Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama

So let it be written,So let it be done.

Edited by EaglesTD123
type error

Complete list of known Philadelphia Eagles draft visits:

Alabama CB Marlon Humphrey - [Click here]

Washington WR John Ross - [Click here]

Alabama LB Ryan Anderson - [Click here]

Alabama LB Reuben Foster - [Click here]

Florida State RB Dalvin Cook - [Click here]

LSU RB Leonard Fournette - [Click here]

Clemson WR Mike Williams - [Click here]

Western Michigan WR Corey Davis - [Click here]

IUP OL Ethan Cooper - [Click here]

Connecticut DB Obi Melifonwu

NFL Mock Draft 2017: Surprise Eagles first round pick:

Put simply, Foster is a beast. The prospect of adding him to a linebacking corps that already features a young, explosive playmaker in Jordan Hicks and a good starter in Nigel Bradham is very exciting. Foster could fit in as a 4-3 WILL, which is perfect for the Eagles with Mychal Kendricks likely to be traded this offseason. He’d give the Eagles defense another intimidator.

Though "need” wasn’t the deciding factor behind this pick, it just so happens that Foster’s addition gives the Eagles some much-needed insurance. Hicks, though very talented, has an extensive injury history. Philadelphia needs a backup at middle linebacker if he goes down. It’s also worth noting that Bradham is a free agent after the 2017 season. The veteran linebacker is potentially facing a suspension after some off-field incidents last year. So, linebacker might actually turn out to be a need for the Eagles after all.………

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/4/1/15148354/nfl-mock-draft-2017-surprise-eagles-first-round-pick-reuben-foster-alabama-linebacker-philadelphia

1 person likes this

NFL Mock Draft 2017: Surprise Eagles first round pick:

Put simply, Foster is a beast. The prospect of adding him to a linebacking corps that already features a young, explosive playmaker in Jordan Hicks and a good starter in Nigel Bradham is very exciting. Foster could fit in as a 4-3 WILL, which is perfect for the Eagles with Mychal Kendricks likely to be traded this offseason. He’d give the Eagles defense another intimidator.

Though "need” wasn’t the deciding factor behind this pick, it just so happens that Foster’s addition gives the Eagles some much-needed insurance. Hicks, though very talented, has an extensive injury history. Philadelphia needs a backup at middle linebacker if he goes down. It’s also worth noting that Bradham is a free agent after the 2017 season. The veteran linebacker is potentially facing a suspension after some off-field incidents last year. So, linebacker might actually turn out to be a need for the Eagles after all.………

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/4/1/15148354/nfl-mock-draft-2017-surprise-eagles-first-round-pick-reuben-foster-alabama-linebacker-philadelphia

Considering that the birds are at least a year away this could be a good choice unless there are off field issues that aren't being talked about.

1 person likes this

Howard looks like a great prospect to me. BUT he wasn't utilized as a pass catcher up to his potential. What did he do pass catching? 600 yards and 3 TDs. I'd say he is very developmental in the passing game still. Less NFL ready than you are thinking FL. Njoku went for 8 TDs. Shaheen caught 16 TDs. Hodges caught 7.

Disagree, he may not have the stats of the others but he is flat out the best TE in the draft. Almost all Mocks have him going in the top 10 and for good reason. The dude is a beast. Developmental?? Really?

1 person likes this

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:57 PM, 1wrangler said:

Latest Mock draft from sb nation 1 hour old with a consensus from 6 guys.

1. Browns - DE Myles Garrett
2. 49er's - DE Soloman Thomas
3. Bears - DL Jonathon Allen
4. Jags - RB Leonard Fournette
5. Titans - CB Marshon Lattimore
6. Jets - QB's Mitchell Trubisky / Deshaun Watson
7. Chargers - S Malik Hooker
8. Panthers - RB's Leonard Fournette/ Cook
9. Bengals - LB Rueben Foster
10. Bills - WR Mike Williams
11. Saints - DE Derek Barnett
12. Browns - QB's Mitchell Trubisky / Deshaun Watson
13. Cardinals - WR Corey Davis / QB Deshone Kizer
14. Eagles - CB Marlon Humphrey

Now lets pretend this mock is accurate and we have the choice of CB Marlon Humphrey, WR John Ross or TE O.J. Howard at pick 14. Which one would you guys take? It is a no brainer for me but some of you may have other choices. My pick is O. J. Howard.

This is a horrible mock. None took Jamal Adams. Ramcyzck is missing as well. But he seems to be sliding in many mocks I have seen most recently. So I guess he is possible. Adams is elite. And everyone knows it. S is our strongest spot with holes everywhere on the team and we would have to take Adams.

I do not even Think Adams is the best safety in this draft. I would much rather take Peppers than Adams. That dude would flat out make our defense better. Sure that means we now have 3 safeties, but how often do we need a third? How many times did we put Jenkins in the slot leaving our Safety's weak? With Peppers in that becomes a strength. I also disagree about Howard. I feel he is not only the best TE in this class but the best in over 10 years. Again, My opinion...

1 person likes this

Howard is the best TE in the draft. I never said differently. A guy who's biggest season he caught 3 TDs has work to do in the redzone. He's relatively green  on his route running. I didn't say he can't do it. He just has to develop it. Experience receiving is experience receiving. He just doesn't have much for a Senior.

The criticism of Schwartz I understand. But the guy has been coaching in this league successfully for a long time. I think he WAS extremely rigid last season. I think he forced everyone to learn and play his defense. I believe his rigidness was deliberate...YEAR ONE. It's all about learning his scheme coming from a 3-4. So he didn't want to develop bad habits. I do believe he has all kinds of tricks up his sleeve. But YEAR ONE wasn't the time to confuse and complicate. We had zero corners getting the job done. Not many DCs can fix that anyway. Just tell them don't get beat deep and make the tackle. Schwartz does deserve blame that we had zero corners since I believe he wanted McKelvin and Brooks...and he seeemed to have issue with Rowe. In a nutshell--Now that he has planted the roots of the defensive scheme I believe he will expand on it now and in the future. So the rigid inflexible DC was purposely doing that year one. IMO

I don't get the criticism either Ham. I think he did wonders considering what he had to work with. Get him a #1CB, another edge rusher and another playmaker(any position) and I think he will give you a top 5 defense this year.

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Friendly wager(Where's Woody? He still owes me a few Tastycakes.) FL I bet you Howard doesn't have the most impressive receiving stats this season from the TE class of 2017.

It is amazing to me that so many guys have posted for years on here and have never got together at some games to meet each other. DDD lived in Texas the last I knew and is one year older than I am so he is 65 now. Woody I believe lives in Nevada? and is older than I am. Both of these guys were transplants though.

Wrang, I have met with 6 people that I originally met on here. Also, Brizer was supposed to show at one game but we missed each other. You may have seen CS5Alumni on here. He was at a game with me and the crew in 2015. We have a Tailgate in the Stadium Gate F with everything you could ask for. We are going again this year. Not sure who else is coming, but we are 2-0 since we started lol

3 people like this

13 minutes ago, stine said:

I do not even Think Adams is the best safety in this draft. I would much rather take Peppers than Adams. That dude would flat out make our defense better. Sure that means we now have 3 safeties, but how often do we need a third? How many times did we put Jenkins in the slot leaving our Safety's weak? With Peppers in that becomes a strength. I also disagree about Howard. I feel he is not only the best TE in this class but the best in over 10 years. Again, My opinion...

Sorry but you are just flat wrong on the S. Adams is a polished beast S(one of the top we have ever seen). Peppers is a Freak athlete trying to find a position. NFL.com says this "Scouts question his instincts and lack of ball production. Has just one interception and 10 passes defensed at Michigan. Slow to recognize construct of play and can be found playing through a straw at times. Needs better recognition and anticipation to become an improvising play-maker. Doesn't always trust his feet in coverage and will maul at the top of the route. Just a guy when asked to play deep safety. Slow to read and range until ball is in the air. Can be overzealous against play-action and drawn below his deep ball responsibilities. Too small for take-on duties at linebacker. Leads into tackles with ducked head. Opts to hit rather than wrap-up." ----

So your guy that's the best you have ever seen has one whole interception. He struggles with moving his feet. And is known for just mauling the receiver at the top of his route without playing the ball. He defended a whole 10 passes so of coarse he's NFL ready at S hahahahaha

"Just a guy when asked to play deep Safety" ouch that part was brutal but should be eye opening to you.

22 minutes ago, stine said:

Sorry but you are just flat wrong on the S. Adams is a polished beast S(one of the top we have ever seen). Peppers is a Freak athlete trying to find a position. NFL.com says this "Scouts question his instincts and lack of ball production. Has just one interception and 10 passes defensed at Michigan. Slow to recognize construct of play and can be found playing through a straw at times. Needs better recognition and anticipation to become an improvising play-maker. Doesn't always trust his feet in coverage and will maul at the top of the route. Just a guy when asked to play deep safety. Slow to read and range until ball is in the air. Can be overzealous against play-action and drawn below his deep ball responsibilities. Too small for take-on duties at linebacker. Leads into tackles with ducked head. Opts to hit rather than wrap-up." ----

So your guy that's the best you have ever seen has one whole interception. He struggles with moving his feet. And is known for just mauling the receiver at the top of his route without playing the ball. He defended a whole 10 passes so of coarse he's NFL ready at S hahahahaha

There is much more than defending passes. He was not used as a safety in Michigan. They needed help at LB so he played there. The dude was not the team captain on Michigan because he could not play..... Any team that drafts him will be getting an all pro.

Peppers struggled as a S in college(why he played LB). But I'm sure the NFL will be much more forgiving for him.

1 minute ago, stine said:

There is much more than defending passes. He was not used as a safety in Michigan. They needed help at LB so he played there. The dude was not the team captain on Michigan because he could not play..... Any team that drafts him will be getting an all pro.

I am not the only one who has him as a #1 Safety...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000794141/article/mike-mayocks-2017-nfl-draft-position-rankings-20

Mayock who knows more than either of us also has him as the best safety....

1 person likes this

Peppers has huge potential. No doubt there. I think he could be great as a slot receiver potentially. That way he could be in the box. Play a bit of LBer basically. He could be good at getting that jam at the line of scrimmage. But everything I've read tends to agree that Peppers gets lost in space. That isn't good for a S. That's the job description.

OK, so maybe you do not believe Mayock, How about Mel Kiper?
He also has Peppers as the top safety...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/12/08/kiper-ranks-jabrill-peppers-no-1-safety-draft/95152772/

6 minutes ago, stine said:

Yeah there is more than defending passes which most agree he isn't good at. There is tackling. He is known to put his head down and go for the hit rather than wrap up.

All I am saying is he is the type of player you find a place for. If not at SS, then somewhere else. He has so much potential that I believe we have not seen the glimpse of how good he will be at the next level. If you think Adams is the best SS, it is your opinion and I cannot say you are wrong. But I feel Peppers is a better football player and we will see that in the years to come.

Complete list of known Philadelphia Eagles draft visits:

Alabama CB Marlon Humphrey - [Click here]

Washington WR John Ross - [Click here]

Alabama LB Ryan Anderson - [Click here]

Alabama LB Reuben Foster - [Click here]

Florida State RB Dalvin Cook - [Click here]

LSU RB Leonard Fournette - [Click here]

Clemson WR Mike Williams - [Click here]

Western Michigan WR Corey Davis - [Click here]

IUP OL Ethan Cooper - [Click here]

Connecticut DB Obi Melifonwu

I read somewhere that The Eagles do not draft someone they have brought in for a work out in the first round. I am not sure if that was true or not, but if so, all above you can cross off the list of who they pick....

I definitely agree Peppers has so much potential. Far from NFL ready though. You can't take that in the first round...especially not high.

You guys do realize you're arguing over a guy we'll never take in the draft. Must be the off season, lol!

4 people like this

15 minutes ago, stine said:

OK, so maybe you do not believe Mayock, How about Mel Kiper?
He also has Peppers as the top safety...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/12/08/kiper-ranks-jabrill-peppers-no-1-safety-draft/95152772/

Did I read the right story? Way back in Dec. Kiper pumped him up as the top guy. But then said he isn't a fit for many DCs. He has to be utilized creatively. Are you not seeing those red flags? Being enamored with the athlete he is....I understand.

Even Peppers biggest fans acknowledge he doesn't fit into a traditional position.

13 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

You guys do realize you're arguing over a guy we'll never take in the draft. Must be the off season, lol!

No Worries MJ, Ham and I like to argue..... He is a good dude and I have no problems with him. Actually we do agree on more than we disagree on. He is a great dude and has great opinions on here. Just because we disagree, does not mean either of us are wrong. It is our opinion. Heck, they both could end up being great. Or neither for that matter....

3 people like this

OF course, Ham may disagree on that too!  LOL

2 people like this