Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Franchise QB, Moves Promote Optimism

713 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Wentz still needs JP, V is not ready for RT. Ask yourself if Celeks' play is down or is it he never had a chance to gel w/ Wentz, just like it took Wentz half the season to develop w/ Ertz. Also we go through this each of the past several yrs - at this point 1) are the replacements on the team?, 2) is it worth creating new holes at this time?, and 3) What else do we lose in the draft to make up for the situations we didn't need to create? There's a time to move on, imo now isn't it.

Who says V is not ready for RT????? honestly not saying get rid of JP or even Celek but to say a guy is not ready based on what???? Last year play Big V showed he can play RT at a solid level and should only get better with more reps 

Big V isn't going to get any better sitting on the bench. Only by playing. Remember it took Lane Johnson 6 games before he started coming around.

1 person likes this

Just now, 1wrangler said:

Big V isn't going to get any better sitting on the bench. Only by playing. Remember it took Lane Johnson 6 games before he started coming around.

That is my thinking as well....I also can not stand when people say this guy is not ready but we have never seen them play so how do we know lol....We don't know if a rookie 1st rounder is ready either until they play..... JP is a good T but he isn't the best T on our team right now that goes to Lane by far....I mean you could see the huge difference in OL play with Lane and with Lane gone last year he makes the whole unit better 

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Eagles have officially address all position of need this offseason. What a move by Roseman getting Jerrigan. Draft is gonna be good.

Wow that is a hell of a trade get Jerrigan who fits well in our D IMO and all it cost us was swapping 3rds(we dropped down 25 spots) 

Yeah thats what got me i thought we gave up our 3rd then saw we only swapped. Hi fives all around what a play what a play lol

1 person likes this

They say good players make their biggest leap from year 1 to year 2.   Our pair of OL drafted last year making that jump would be nice.  I'm not nervous about the pass blocking so much as the run blocking.  JP and Lane both make an impact there, that's what you lose at RT moving Lane over to LT.

Is this Jernigan any good?   And don't give me the FSU version, I'm just talking NFL level.  

1 person likes this

Timmy is entering his 4th year in the NFL only 24 years old has had 13 sacks over his 3 years for the Ravens playing on the DL....Last year was really his first year as the full time starter.....He has been a good player his skill set might fit better here in Philly being able to attack and penetrate 

Nice ... so we get a guy who has about the same amount of sacks as Brandon Graham ... but only move down 25 spots!   

They say good players make their biggest leap from year 1 to year 2.   Our pair of OL drafted last year making that jump would be nice.  I'm not nervous about the pass blocking so much as the run blocking.  JP and Lane both make an impact there, that's what you lose at RT moving Lane over to LT.

As I recall, Tony Romo got injured numerous times behind an All Pro Offensive line. $hiT happens. Carson isn't get to get any faster than he is right now. If he has to avoid the rush once in a while, so be it. I certainly don't think he is worried about it as much as the fans are.

So, who's idea was this on trading for Jernigan? Douglas or Howie?

you would think Douglas has some impact there?

2 people like this

So I'm gonna be the "look a gift horse in the mouth" guy. Why would the Ravens give this guy away to move up 25 spots in the 3rd?? What's the catch? Character issues? Performance issues? Joemas and I feel that this is a bit fishy.

1 person likes this

Gotta say I really like this trade. Though he has not wowed at the NFL level I loved him coming out of college and think he can make an impact here with the Eagles. I think his best football is still ahead of him and put him together with Cox, Graham, Long/Curry and our defensive coaches and I think he could really develop into a good player. They won't be able to double team him with Cox next to him and he has good pass rush moves.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, phillyphanwest said:

So I'm gonna be the "look a gift horse in the mouth" guy. Why would the Ravens give this guy away to move up 25 spots in the 3rd?? What's the catch? Character issues? Performance issues? Joemas and I feel that this is a bit fishy.

They just resigned there old starting NT to a long term deal in free agency not that he didn't do well but they weren't going to carry 2 NT 

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, phillyphanwest said:

PPW, rumors that we may be trading Cox to Buffalo for Shady.   Originally I heard they wanted Foles thrown in the deal, but no way Howie would do that!

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, phillyphanwest said:

They just resigned there old starting NT to a long term deal in free agency not that he didn't do well but they weren't going to carry 2 NT 

Last year of Jernigan's rookie contract so what we will have with him is another Logan at the end of next year. Somehow Howie is going to have to free up some more cap space before next year. Lets see who comes off the books yet this year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this guy will make a more immediate impact than whoever we end up picking in the 3rd. I'm just not gonna sing praises until I see him on the field.

6 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Last year of Jernigan's rookie contract so what we will have with him is another Logan at the end of next year. Somehow Howie is going to have to free up some more cap space before next year. Lets see who comes off the books yet this year.

Except we can actually sign him prior to being a free agent, and use money towards this year.   The issue you see with these high contracts for Graham, Curry...etc.  it's when you wait until the original contract expires.  We'll see what happens.  worst case, he walks and it counts towards us possibly getting a comp pick.   Which is what Baltimore traded to us to move up to 74.   They can look at it like they got pick 74 for releasing a guy a year early.

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

PPW, rumors that we may be trading Cox to Buffalo for Shady.   Originally I heard they wanted Foles thrown in the deal, but no way Howie would do that!

We are not trading our best player for an almost 30 year old RB with his best years behind him. You are crazy.

2 people like this

I see sarcasm gets lost on some?  

3 people like this

All Jernigan has to do is come in and beat 1 on 1s if he does that he benefits us....Cox is going to demand the double teams...Graham has shown he can get pressures and disrupt....Now if we can find an elite end DL could be scary

Jernigan also didnt cost us much 25 spots we still have a pick 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, phillyphanwest said:

Think the catch is simple like mentioned before they were not going to pay to bring him back so they traded him and got something....Not saying Jernigan will be elite but think he is a good player and have a role on this team

Eagles going to have more tough decisions come next year....Have Hicks, Mathews,Alshon now Jernigan.....My question is this if the Eagles dont plan to keep Jmatt is it smarter for us to trade him now get something similar to Ravens just did with Jernigan????

I see sarcasm gets lost on some?  

hahaha

These haven't been great signings, but good, solid ones. Don't look now, but Howie's quietly put us in position to move around in the draft.

To soon to label any of these signings or trades.....Doesn't matter if we win in march/april on paper.....Think the Eagles have made some potential great moves now lets see how they play.....

2 people like this

Raven fans arent happy with the trade of Jernigan haha

4 people like this