Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Franchise QB, Moves Promote Optimism

713 posts in this topic

Kpassagnon From Villanova is faster and bigger than both Barnett and Taco. Because he played for Nova, he is not getting the following of the other two, but mark my words, he is every bit as good, if not better than both of them.

Like Willis and Walker as well

Kpassagnon From Villanova is faster and bigger than both Barnett and Taco. Because he played for Nova, he is not getting the following of the other two, but mark my words, he is every bit as good, if not better than both of them.

Another sleeper at that position is Basham

Look, the way I see it is there are a handful of Studs in this draft. I mean game changers. Myles Garret is one, OJ Howard is another. I do not pretend to know all of these guys, but the only way the Eagles do not grab a player of need, is if one of these studs drop to around 11-12. Then I could see the Eagles actually trading up a couple spots to grab him. OJ Howard is not a Player of need, but he is the best TE to come out of the draft in over a decade. Perhaps the best receiver in the draft who can block! He is the type of player the opposing teams have to scheme around. I could see the Eagles drafting him at 14 or even moving up to 12 to get him. There are probably another 5 or 6 like him. But after that, there is not a whole lot of difference between the next dozen or so. In this case the Eagles would draft a player of need. Just my opinion...

3 people like this

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Dang,now we have to cater to the prima donna players cause it may make them too tough???? Ifn you dont like the job,dont take it!!!!!!

:lol: C'MON MAN! LOL Yeah GBFL,I can see your point of catering. But I think the FO is just playing CYA since these are both away games in case when the schedule is finalized they end up going to the Rams,come home the next week,then the following week have to go back to LA again to take on the Chargers. In the end though it's still smart looking for the ball to bounce your way anyway possible ahead of time. Plus it saves a lot of ching staying on the West Coast-Oh how I love the West Coast!

1 person likes this

Eagles travel to the west coast 3 times this year. Not the best schedule, but I do not think they will be back to back games....

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Dang,now we have to cater to the prima donna players cause it may make them too tough???? Ifn you dont like the job,dont take it!!!!!!

:lol: C'MON MAN! LOL Yeah GBFL,I can see your point of catering. But I think the FO is just playing CYA since these are both away games in case when the schedule is finalized they end up going to the Rams,come home the next week,then the following week have to go back to LA again to take on the Chargers. In the end though it's still smart looking for the ball to bounce your way anyway possible ahead of time. Plus it saves a lot of ching staying on the West Coast-Oh how I love the West Coast!

Yeah but it's like setting a precedent.After that teams will be asking for other "favors" I don't think this goes trough lol

1 person likes this

Look, the way I see it is there are a handful of Studs in this draft. I mean game changers. Myles Garret is one, OJ Howard is another. I do not pretend to know all of these guys, but the only way the Eagles do not grab a player of need, is if one of these studs drop to around 11-12. Then I could see the Eagles actually trading up a couple spots to grab him. OJ Howard is not a Player of need, but he is the best TE to come out of the draft in over a decade. Perhaps the best receiver in the draft who can block! He is the type of player the opposing teams have to scheme around. I could see the Eagles drafting him at 14 or even moving up to 12 to get him. There are probably another 5 or 6 like him. But after that, there is not a whole lot of difference between the next dozen or so. In this case the Eagles would draft a player of need. Just my opinion...

Yep if Davis and Williams are gone,then I would love to have Howard.Celek is not gonna be around forever,it would solidify that spot for 5 years at least

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, stine said:

Yes stine,I'd be happy with him-he's a monster! He's probably not being talked about cause the media are afraid of messing up the pronunciation of his name,which isn't that hard,lol. Its as simple as this-“tawn-o | pass-N-yo”. They're supposed to be educated,how hard can it be. I didn't even go to college and I can handle it. Years ago when I did roofing we used to say-"Yesterday I couldn't even spell roofer,and today I are one." :lol:

2 people like this

Eagles travel to the west coast 3 times this year. Not the best schedule, but I do not think they will be back to back games....

Philly loves adversity.it makes us stronger.if that is true we are the strongest fan base on earth HAHA

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, stine said:

Let's hope not. Yep,Rams,Chargers,& Seahawks. I really hope we tear up the Legion of Boom! I'd love to see our new WR's tone down some of Sherman's arrogance! :rock:

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah but it's like setting a precedent.After that teams will be asking for other "favors" I don't think this goes trough lol

I'm with ya,I HIGHLY doubt that it'll get approved for the exact reason you stated about opening up doors for other teams/requests.

1 person likes this

GBFL, Howard is a better WR than both Davis and Williams..... You need to watch that dude.... I am telling you an all pro for 10 years or longer....

1 person likes this

GBFL, Howard is a better WR than both Davis and Williams..... You need to watch that dude.... I am telling you an all pro for 10 years or longer....

Glad to see some of you guys warming up to some other players. When you look at pure value at pick 14, then I only see 1 CB in the mix at that pick but plenty of other positional players.

2 people like this

Question for all you astute fans of the game. Does Malcolm Jenkins still have enough gas left in the tank to play CB effectively if the Eagles take Obi Melifonwu with pick number 43? The article I read says the Eagles view Obi as a safety.

1 hour ago, stine said:

Glad to see some of you guys warming up to some other players. When you look at pure value at pick 14, then I only see 1 CB in the mix at that pick but plenty of other positional players.

Imagine you are a defensive coach for an opponent and you have to cover Howard,Celek,Ertz,Alshon and Smith on a 3 TE set with Sproles the tailback(gl with this) HAHAHA

2 people like this

I didn't think MJ was that great of a corner, he had the speed to play outside... coming out of college seems to me when we plaid against Malcom the CB, he was the guy our QB picked on. I would like to see Mcieod and Jenkins a second year together in this D and year. I'am hoping he's got at least 2 yr's left, unless we trade him... You how Howie rolls. If it helps the Eagles he'll make the deal. 

I didn't think MJ was that great of a corner, he had the speed to play outside... coming out of college seems to me when we plaid against Malcom the CB, he was the guy our QB picked on. I would like to see Mcieod and Jenkins a second year together in this D and year. I'am hoping he's got at least 2 yr's left, unless we trade him... You how Howie rolls. If it helps the Eagles he'll make the deal. 

I didn't get to see MJ play that much football at the CB position before he arrived here and became a safety. Wasn't he a first round draft pick at the CB position?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2700859-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-top-5-coming-into-focus-new-big-board-more?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl GOod read and if this holds we have a shot at Davis or 2 outstanding CB's.I know it's just his op,but it's very well thought out IMO

2 people like this

Jenkins' best spot is safety say the coaches and MJ

2 people like this

And if you look at the list on that site,we also have a shot at a very nice player at 43.We need to nail at least the first 3 picks(and I believe we will)

2 people like this

I like that...GBinFl... Howard's presence would create another Dynamic element. Many here don't agree with this choice, John Ross is a player that would create nightmares for opponents... watching the Patsies commitment in obtaining Brandon Cooks to an already Dynamic Brady led Offense...says something about the need for speed... still Hissed off losing Jackson to the Deadskins and having him Beat us every time we faced them. Ross is not JUST a speed guy... great hands, route running, instincts, plays to his timed speed. The fastest timed 40 ever. Along with those pluses comes the durability concerns. That speed element, added to what we already have gives us the ability to attack Vertically and Horizontally... woooo boy...unstoppable.

1 person likes this

I like that...GBinFl... Howard's presence would create another Dynamic element. Many here don't agree with this choice, John Ross is a player that would create nightmares for opponents... watching the Patsies commitment in obtaining Brandon Cooks to an already Dynamic Brady led Offense...says something about the need for speed... still Hissed off losing Jackson to the Deadskins and having him Beat us every time we faced them. Ross is not JUST a speed guy... great hands, route running, instincts, plays to his timed speed. The fastest timed 40 ever. Along with those pluses comes the durability concerns. That speed element, added to what we already have gives us the ability to attack Vertically and Horizontally... woooo boy...unstoppable.

Ross IMO looks great on paper.Watched him a play a little and was unimpressed.I suppose as a WIP with the talent he has,I would take him late in 1 but not at 14(JMO could be wrong)

2 people like this

@wrang... yea...Jenkins was a late to mid 20's... first round pick... sorry I have been dealing with this C.R.S... can't remember sh#t... but I have vague memories of us victimizing Jenks as a CB.

@wrang... yea...Jenkins was a late to mid 20's... first round pick... sorry I have been dealing with this C.R.S... can't remember sh#t... but I have vague memories of us victimizing Jenks as a CB.

I have that CRS too!!!! lol

1 person likes this

FLY EAGLES FLY! Is it September yet? At least they play in LA twice this year. I will go to at least one of those. Being in Vegas its only a 3 hour drive if we don't stay over night. I haven't been this optimistic since they hired Chip, unfortunately my optimism was short lived and misplaced. I see a "team" in year 2 coming together, looking toward the future instead of win NOW. I want them to win as much as any fan but doing it right will keep us competitive for several years not just one year. Have a great day Eagles board members.

4 people like this