Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Franchise QB, Moves Promote Optimism

713 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, trini said:

I like that...GBinFl... Howard's presence would create another Dynamic element. Many here don't agree with this choice, John Ross is a player that would create nightmares for opponents... watching the Patsies commitment in obtaining Brandon Cooks to an already Dynamic Brady led Offense...says something about the need for speed... still Hissed off losing Jackson to the Deadskins and having him Beat us every time we faced them. Ross is not JUST a speed guy... great hands, route running, instincts, plays to his timed speed. The fastest timed 40 ever. Along with those pluses comes the durability concerns. That speed element, added to what we already have gives us the ability to attack Vertically and Horizontally... woooo boy...unstoppable.

Ross IMO looks great on paper.Watched him a play a little and was unimpressed.I suppose as a WIP with the talent he has,I would take him late in 1 but not at 14(JMO could be wrong)

The reason I don't see us taking Ross is that I believe a better player will fall to us. Just don't ask me which one!

Eagles travel to the west coast 3 times this year. Not the best schedule, but I do not think they will be back to back games....

Bummer for the team but good for us fans out here on the west coast. Won't have to fly can drive to both games in LA. I do see your point but isn't it worse going west to east? I know when I go home for a visit, I'm eating bfast and yous guys are eating lunch.

1 person likes this

I don't believe it's an outrageous or unprecedented idea to submit to the commish schedule requests. It's done every year. I do believe he puts them in consideration....as I believe he has a sophisticated scheduling program he runs everything through.

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, trini said:

@wrang... yea...Jenkins was a late to mid 20's... first round pick... sorry I have been dealing with this C.R.S... can't remember sh#t... but I have vague memories of us victimizing Jenks as a CB.

I have that CRS too!!!! lol

I also believe the guy we just signed (Patrick Robinson) was a first round drafted CB. Just goes to show you how hard it is to judge a first round talent at CB. I would much rather draft a different position at 14 and I think the Eagles will.

2 people like this

Jenkins was a bust at corner. He was 'forced' to S. It definitely wasn't because he was too big or such a physical corner either. He's a finesse player really. Slot corners are not highly paid guys...it's a shame we have been forcing Jenkins in the slot. This seemed like one of the easier fix things from the Chip regime. We'll see if they can get it done.

FLY EAGLES FLY! Is it September yet? At least they play in LA twice this year. I will go to at least one of those. Being in Vegas its only a 3 hour drive if we don't stay over night. I haven't been this optimistic since they hired Chip, unfortunately my optimism was short lived and misplaced. I see a "team" in year 2 coming together, looking toward the future instead of win NOW. I want them to win as much as any fan but doing it right will keep us competitive for several years not just one year. Have a great day Eagles board members.

Amen Naff.If we get out of the NFCE basement,I'll call it a successful season and then in '18 I will expect some kind of post season shot

2 people like this

Funny how with our current roster of corners I don't feel any worse about the state of that position group.

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  24 minutes ago, trini said:

@wrang... yea...Jenkins was a late to mid 20's... first round pick... sorry I have been dealing with this C.R.S... can't remember sh#t... but I have vague memories of us victimizing Jenks as a CB.

I have that CRS too!!!! lol

I also believe the guy we just signed (Patrick Robinson) was a first round drafted CB. Just goes to show you how hard it is to judge a first round talent at CB. I would much rather draft a different position at 14 and I think the Eagles will.

My thoughts are DONT look at college stats UNLESS that college team plays your type of defensive scheme.This can be said of most SKILL potitions.Get me a solid guy that FITS the system (or 2) and we will be fine.I would take 2 and even a 3rd late.I didnt check to see where Shaquille Griffin is now on ranking sites,but I like him and use a UDFA on Lampkin cause I like him too lol

Another thought(bash away!!!!!) You know seriously we could NOT draft a RB and take 2 UDFA's.I see ZERO wrong with Joe Williams from Utah and adding a Sproles replacement type in Tarik Cohen.I also holding out that we can dump RMat and take Charles.If he got hurt again,we would still be ok with what we have and adding Williams IMO.if we draft a RB Conner would work here as well IMO

I didn't think MJ was that great of a corner, he had the speed to play outside... coming out of college seems to me when we plaid against Malcom the CB, he was the guy our QB picked on. I would like to see Mcieod and Jenkins a second year together in this D and year. I'am hoping he's got at least 2 yr's left, unless we trade him... You how Howie rolls. If it helps the Eagles he'll make the deal. 

Absolutely NO! Jenkins strength is to play safety. He is the QB of the defense and can force mistakes by opposing QB's with his play. He is wasted as a slot CB and we lost so much when he had to do it. Much rather have anyone else play CB than him. That is not only my opinion but also of many more....

6 people like this

1 hour ago, trini said:

I didn't think MJ was that great of a corner, he had the speed to play outside... coming out of college seems to me when we plaid against Malcom the CB, he was the guy our QB picked on. I would like to see Mcieod and Jenkins a second year together in this D and year. I'am hoping he's got at least 2 yr's left, unless we trade him... You how Howie rolls. If it helps the Eagles he'll make the deal. 

Absolutely NO! Jenkins strength is to play safety. He is the QB of the defense and can force mistakes by opposing QB's with his play. He is wasted as a slot CB and we lost so much when he had to do it. Much rather have anyone else play CB than him. That is not only my opinion but also of many more....

Agreed

Funny how with our current roster of corners I don't feel any worse about the state of that position group.

If we draft ANY CB within the first 3 rounds,it would be an improvement!!! I got sick watching us lead games only to see the other team come from behind on long balls.This MUST stop!!!

Yep, we stunk up the place with our CB's. There was a reason Carroll did not play corner until recently. He was supposedly our #1??? Robinson was drafted in round one but injuries hurt his development I heard. He may pan out, but I would not expect much. He won't cost much to find out so I like the signing. We may be as good right now Ham....

1 person likes this

I like that DE Kpassagnon.It's tough to tell where he goes to put him in my mock.Some say a 4th(IMO that would be a steal) or as high as 2.Seems noone can assess his future ability.IMO kids gonna be a beast someday

2 people like this

Ross is fast, but he is also small. We have Smith, who is also fast so I feel that would be a waste to draft him. If they do go WR in the first I choose Davis. If not, CB or a stud that falls to us at 14. Thinking here is most likely we get a CB round 1 and DE round 2. After that I do not care.... Just find me good players....

1 person likes this

Right now I have at 1 Davis/Williams(Howard with luck) then a CB in 2 and a DE in 3(Kpass/Willis/Walker are my picks here) and I believe we are high on Ryan Glasgow(DT) if we can get him in 4.JMO

Right now I have at 1 Davis/Williams(Howard with luck) then a CB in 2 and a DE in 3(Kpass/Willis/Walker are my picks here) and I believe we are high on Ryan Glasgow(DT) if we can get him in 4.JMO

I'm still liking Moreau at CB.Experienced in man cover and think he would fit this D well.Said he "should be ready to go for training camp"

Finding a stud CB is not easy. We can count them on one hand for the entire league; Patrick Peterson, Sherman (not a fan,but he is good), Butler, maybe Norman. Anyone else that really sticks out? It is a challenge to put a COMPLETE roster together. It seems like most teams have a weakness somewhere. DBs suck (Eagles); LBs suck (Eagles of recent past); no pass rush from DL (Cowboys); OL can't block (Vikings & Seahawks); QB sucks (lots of teams); No weapons (Eagles were one of these); ST awful.

Finding a stud CB is not easy. We can count them on one hand for the entire league; Patrick Peterson, Sherman (not a fan,but he is good), Butler, maybe Norman. Anyone else that really sticks out? It is a challenge to put a COMPLETE roster together. It seems like most teams have a weakness somewhere. DBs suck (Eagles); LBs suck (Eagles of recent past); no pass rush from DL (Cowboys); OL can't block (Vikings & Seahawks); QB sucks (lots of teams); No weapons (Eagles were one of these); ST awful.

Chip left us squat.Ped one year in(some bonehead decisions).Weapons have arrived.We'll be much better this year after we get a starting CB and a pass rusher in here(draft hopefully)

2 people like this

Agreed about Ross size and durability issues... I love what Howard size athletic ability, hands, intelligence bring to our WR Corps. Davis appears like a man amongst boys, like Howard love his ability to win in contested situations, both are physical specimens with Dynamic ability... The more I think about Ross... his type of speed is unmatched by any other player in the league...love the flavors that Davis and Howard bring to the table... my preferred flavor, imagining Ross abilities to the combined size of JMatt, Smith and Jeffery... Scary.

1 person likes this

If I had the responsibility for drafting multiple CB's, in this draft I am using last years Green Bay game as my template for what skill set I need in my choices. As long as Aaron Rogers is still playing, the Eagles have to beat Green Bay to get to the Super Bowl. Rogers lit up our secondary last year by getting rid of the ball sometimes in two seconds. I have to have CB's that can consistently jam at the line of scrimmage. Nothing else will do for me.

2 people like this

As far as CB's go Obi Melfornwu is a player I want as a DB on this team. Speed, Hops, Size, playmaker. In our scheme he could compete with the size and physicality of these 06' 06" / 06' 07 WR that are becoming almost commonplace. In our Conference. Brandon Marshall, Dez, Pryor. These guys win in the horizontal game, Melfornwu would give us the ability to better matchup with these monsters.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, trini said:

So if the Eagles are interested in drafting S Obi Melifonwu in the second round it would be to backup our starting safeties then? The author of the article insinuated that Melifonwu would be the new starter at safety and Jenkins would move back to outside corner. Thanks for the opinions.

And yea 1wrangler...can consistently jam at the line of scrimmage.