Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Building A Defense, Piece By Piece

453 posts in this topic

Like why not have round 1 at the end of March,then do days 2,3 a week later on a weekend??? At least that way fans would be excited to talk about their first rounder and how that affects the rest of their picks(I know it's logistics,but the NFL can afford it)

1 person likes this

Also gives fans a week to "get to know your #1 pick"-just sayin

19 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

If you could choose 1 player to be drafted in the 1st round who would it be?

How do they fit? Do they start? How does it effect the team this year and in the future?

Cant choose Myles Garrett. As i believe he is the only player 100% goes no.1 to the Browns.

Well I can't choose any player top pick would be Garrett lol.....Lattimore but he will be gone before 14 as well...Starting CB best CB we will have had since Asante....Instantly improves our secondary and as for the future think he is a true #1 guy but that is JMO(sorry had to just to mess with you lol) 

haha nice pick man.

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Like why not have round 1 at the end of March,then do days 2,3 a week later on a weekend??? At least that way fans would be excited to talk about their first rounder and how that affects the rest of their picks(I know it's logistics,but the NFL can afford it)

Think it just to give the NFL scouts more time to really scout individual players and really dive deep into them.....Bet NFL guys wish they had more time to prepare for the draft 

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  23 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

How do they fit? Do they start? How does it effect the team this year and in the future?

Cant choose Myles Garrett. As i believe he is the only player 100% goes no.1 to the Browns.

Oh man there's a job!!! Can we figure out the top 5-6,at least that gives me a shot at it

haha nah just choose 1 guy you want and just give a reason why. No Garrett.

Didn't do alot of study on lineman-not good at that anyway,but if I had to make a choice today-Corey Davis.Kids gonna be a future star and coupled with Wentz a true nightmare for many years to come like some of the leagues other tandems that are there every season to mess with your defense

2 people like this

I always thought American Football had the longest off season in any sport around the world. Short on season long off season.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:
  13 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  26 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Oh man there's a job!!! Can we figure out the top 5-6,at least that gives me a shot at it

Didn't do alot of study on lineman-not good at that anyway,but if I had to make a choice today-Corey Davis.Kids gonna be a future star and coupled with Wentz a true nightmare for many years to come like some of the leagues other tandems that are there every season to mess with your defense

Small school,wants to prove he's worth being here (heart) not a prima donna.Seems to not cause problems on or off the field,can learn and improve with Wentz-solid team guy as far as I can tell.Eager to learn and get better etc.I believe he fits here very well.If he pans can you imagine him and Alshon on the outsides? Kinda like the Beckham/Cruz tandem we could never defend HAHA,and we need that threat in THIS division

Rex Burkhead going to be an interesting name to watch this season in NE.....He was on my short list of RBs for the Eagles to look at....Will likely flourish in NE like most players seem to do will have his niche 

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  8 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:
  16 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  29 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Small school,wants to prove he's worth being here (heart) not a prima donna.Seems to not cause problems on or off the field,can learn and improve with Wentz-solid team guy as far as I can tell.Eager to learn and get better etc.I believe he fits here very well.If he pans can you imagine him and Alshon on the outsides? Kinda like the Beckham/Cruz tandem we could never defend HAHA,and we need that threat in THIS division

Dullaz-Dez/White Skinnies Jax/Garcon and the gnats I just mentioned.we need to give defenses more to think about and this would accomplish that

If i was to pick 1 player it would be CB Lattimore.

Just looking at the roster the obvious hole is CB. Gives us a starting CB. Has the tools to be an elite CB. Would take this D to the next level. Which shouldnt be too hard the way we got shredded throught the air last year lol

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  10 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:
  18 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  32 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Dullaz-Dez/White Skinnies Jax/Garcon and the gnats I just mentioned.we need to give defenses more to think about and this would accomplish that

Alshon/Davis out,Torrey in the slot-OH YEAH!!!

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:
  21 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  34 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Nice Davis pick. Be nice to see a Carr and Cooper type tandem in Philly grow together and dominate.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Alshon/Davis out,Torrey in the slot-OH YEAH!!!

I would rotate Corey and Torrrey in the slot.....Davis should be able to dominate inside vs smaller DBs also sneak a few deep shots from the slot to Torrey if we went that route 

2 people like this

Hard to pick out of the players that would fall to us at 14. We really need a starting CB and Conley may be there. There are also several CB's who we could get in the 2nd. Barnett is awsome and would be really tough to pass up. Then there's the Caff scenario. An offensive weapon who could start immediately in the slot, enabling us to trade JMat for another pick and avoiding what's most likely going to be a fairly expensive contract next yr, money we can use elsewhere. That extra pick and the money make that scenario is awfully tempting. And no - Ag cannot play slot. He's on the bench until he shows he brings his hands to work, his one last shot at redemption.

3 people like this

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

Hard to pick out of the players that would fall to us at 14. We really need a starting CB and Conley may be there. There are also several CB's who we could get in the 2nd. Barnett is awsome and would be really tough to pass up. Then there's the Caff scenario. An offensive weapon who could start immediately in the slot, enabling us to trade JMat for another pick and avoiding what's most likely going to be a fairly expensive contract next yr, money we can use elsewhere. That extra pick and the money make that scenario is awfully tempting. And no - Ag cannot play slot. He's on the bench until he shows he brings his hands to work, his one last shot at redemption.

Would also have to consider Foster and Reddick both really good LBs that could come in and make an impact for us day 1 

2 people like this

Just looking at the roster the obvious hole is CB. Gives us a starting CB. Has the tools to be an elite CB. Would take this D to the next level. Which shouldnt be too hard the way we got shredded throught the air last year lol

Get your point,but there are starters in this draft all the way down to round 3.if you want one in 2 and 3 go for it.I'm looking far into the future not just this year,but I can sure understand people wanting a CB first.Some nice CB's still around in 4 also.Really taking any CB in the first 4 rounds would help us out.Like what if Moreau falls to 2? I'd snag him,or Sidney Jones(Moreau said he will be ready) not sure on Jones,but yeah those guys can start NP

1 person likes this

Yeah Freak, but haven't seen Lattimore drop near us. Anyone think we'll trade that far up? Hope not, we need the picks.

3 people like this

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000797366/ranking-the-50-no-1-overall-picks-of-the-commondraft-era

Come on now unknown Goff should still be higher then Russell right now.....Have to be really damn bad to be worse then Russell....

Yeah Russell ahead of Goff you must really be bad lol I still remember his 1st ever pass was INT haha

1 person likes this

Foster - impact, yeah, he likes that

3 people like this

Yea, saw that Foster to Eagles at 14... concerns were expressed about his x'ss and o'sss aptitude... I love Foster's tape. He seems to know exactly what to do on the field. I remember GBinFl saying early in the pre-season Nooo way Foster is around at 14. I agreed. Hicks and Foster on the field together. I'll take that. Ross stock contonues to rise, DJ on NFL Network has him ahead of us to the Cards... many never warmed up to DJax, tooooo Brash... early in his career struggled with press coverage, especially against the bigger corners. Durability always a concern... I had issues... I can't see, If we get a chance to get that elite speed back on this team, can't see how we ignore a player like Ross.The same can be said about the many others talented players in this Draft.

Just now, trini said:

Yea, saw that Foster to Eagles at 14... concerns were expressed about his x'ss and o'sss aptitude... I love Foster's tape. He seems to know exactly what to do on the field. I remember GBinFl saying early in the pre-season Nooo way Foster is around at 14. I agreed. Hicks and Foster on the field together. I'll take that. Ross stock contonues to rise, DJ on NFL Network has him ahead of us to the Cards... many never warmed up to DJax, tooooo Brash... early in his career struggled with press coverage, especially against the bigger corners. Durability always a concern... I had issues... I can't see, If we get a chance to get that elite speed back on this team, can't see how we ignore a player like Ross.The same can be said about the many others talented players in this Draft.

I would play Foster at WILL and let him attack I wouldn't move Hicks out of the middle he is smart and the leader of our D 

4 people like this

We may need 2 starters and toss another in as a BU.Really could it get much worse? Guys that can play like Awuzie,Kazee etc.Add one of those to your 2 pick and your good to go

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Get your point,but there are starters in this draft all the way down to round 3.if you want one in 2 and 3 go for it.I'm looking far into the future not just this year,but I can sure understand people wanting a CB first.Some nice CB's still around in 4 also.Really taking any CB in the first 4 rounds would help us out.Like what if Moreau falls to 2? I'd snag him,or Sidney Jones(Moreau said he will be ready) not sure on Jones,but yeah those guys can start NP

I like Lattimore because I think he is a special player why I want him think he is a true #1 CB isn't just about this year for me..... I don't want a CB at 14 other then Lattimore I don't think any of the other CBs are worth taking that high.....I also realize Lattimore is a long shot why I think DE/LB could end up being the best value at 14 

1 person likes this

Ross great on paper,watched him play-not impressed,but to each his own.Remember the 40 yard dash stops 6 feet downfield.Can't run fast if you can't get past the defender