DaveSpadaro

[News] Who Makes Jump From 2016 Draft Class?

419 posts in this topic

It will forever be known as Carson's Draft, but the 2016 draft class is set to create its own identity. When the players report to the NovaCare Complex to start the team's offseason conditioning program on Monday, all eyes will be on the second-year players ...

View the full article

Well I dont think Vaitai and Seumalo should see starting time. But we know they should be able to make improvements as good back ups if they are needed. Smallwood could be ready for a break out season. Still think we need to draft a big back.

2 people like this

If the stars line up just right in the draft or if we can move up to get the RB, Fournette.
I am no scout, but from what I have seen I think he could be a once in a decade type talent.
He plows through linemen and if you are a corner or safety, don't even think about taking him on one on one.
A dream scenario in my opinion, but man can this kid play Football.

3 people like this

Well the big jump we are going to want to see is Wentz.....But would be huge to see Seumalo and Big V take big strides in year 2 as well.....Jalen Mills should be better also showed flashes as a rook but really only direction for him to go is up 

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, rlubrich87 said:

Well I dont think Vaitai and Seumalo should see starting time. But we know they should be able to make improvements as good back ups if they are needed. Smallwood could be ready for a break out season. Still think we need to draft a big back.

Seumalo to me should see starting time I really want him to win the starting LG spot or even C.....Big V should have a tougher time seeing the field but JP health hasn't been the most consistent and well Lane has had his issues being available as well 

2 people like this

Adoree Jackson visiting Eagles......I do like Adoree and he brings the extra value of being a return man.....Had O snaps as well but not expecting much of that in the NFL.....Would not take him at 14 though and don't think he makes it to us in the 2nd  

Well the big jump we are going to want to see is Wentz.....But would be huge to see Seumalo and Big V take big strides in year 2 as well.....Jalen Mills should be better also showed flashes as a rook but really only direction for him to go is up 

I completely agree. The only big step up this year needs to come from Wentz. Nothing else really matters.

im really fired up for this comming regular season to see what Wentz can do with some new WR's. go BIRDS!

2 people like this

I want to see Seumalo make the jump and steal the starting C job from day 1 he showed flashes of really good play last year but young mistakes as well. Hope he can clean up them and come out the gates strong and dominate the line of scrimmage. I want Big V to grow and make big strides and see him push Johnson and make both of them better for next year when JP hangs it up one of them can swing to the left side and fill his role. I think we all hope that with the offensive pieces we picked up that Wentz will show us that he truly is a franchise QB and can lead this team on a playoff run.

2 people like this

Just going through the roster and see our FB Bonnet still here. Don't really know much about him except believe he went to school w/ Wentz. We're talking about getting a RB for those tough yds - why not him? The guy avg'd 4.8 yds/carry and almost 11 yds/rec. Mathews will be gone, Sproles in his last yr, so go get his replacement - the newer, shifty, RB/receiver type. Doubt it will happen for Bonnet, but we did use a substitute lineman in short ydg last yr and would like to see Doug convert one of them at least. Short ydg and extra blocker on deep plays. Know he wants a FB but said it's a luxury we can't afford. If a guy like that can come in for 2 downs, I don't care if he's called a FB, RB or whatever as long as he can get those short yds.

1 person likes this

These Kelce haters. Seu hasn't played a snap at C in the NFL and Kelce is a huge help for Wentz in reading D's and resetting. I don't see anybody on this team who's better at C right now than Kelce. Not saying he couldn't be traded, but think Doug wants to build continuity while training in the new C and supporting Wentz as best we can. Kelce is a very smart player. Must have been tough taking care of a rookie QB with the carousel that was out OL last yr. That said think it will be the last yr for both Kelce and JP.

2 people like this

If the stars line up just right in the draft or if we can move up to get the RB, Fournette.
I am no scout, but from what I have seen I think he could be a once in a decade type talent.
He plows through linemen and if you are a corner or safety, don't even think about taking him on one on one.
A dream scenario in my opinion, but man can this kid play Football.

No,he's no Zeke.He's good but not as good as him.See no need to move up to get him

3 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I completely agree. The only big step up this year needs to come from Wentz. Nothing else really matters.

He's finally got some decent WR's to throw to.They "other guys" I believe were merely in there so Wentz could get year 1 under him.No we should see some LONG pass plays(and those rare completions without drops lol)

Just going through the roster and see our FB Bonnet still here. Don't really know much about him except believe he went to school w/ Wentz. We're talking about getting a RB for those tough yds - why not him? The guy avg'd 4.8 yds/carry and almost 11 yds/rec. Mathews will be gone, Sproles in his last yr, so go get his replacement - the newer, shifty, RB/receiver type. Doubt it will happen for Bonnet, but we did use a substitute lineman in short ydg last yr and would like to see Doug convert one of them at least. Short ydg and extra blocker on deep plays. Know he wants a FB but said it's a luxury we can't afford. If a guy like that can come in for 2 downs, I don't care if he's called a FB, RB or whatever as long as he can get those short yds.

Yep,playing with Wentz should mean he has the cadence down(aka timing).As long as our O line can open somedaylight he should be able to get those tough yards(or use as a decoy lol)

1 person likes this

These Kelce haters. Seu hasn't played a snap at C in the NFL and Kelce is a huge help for Wentz in reading D's and resetting. I don't see anybody on this team who's better at C right now than Kelce. Not saying he couldn't be traded, but think Doug wants to build continuity while training in the new C and supporting Wentz as best we can. Kelce is a very smart player. Must have been tough taking care of a rookie QB with the carousel that was out OL last yr. That said think it will be the last yr for both Kelce and JP.

My only gripe with him is he is a tad small.But not much he can do about that

He gets to the 2nd level, just can't blow it up. Did something right to get to 2 Pro Bowls. Solidifying that LG spot this yr will help.

1 person likes this

I want to see Seumalo make the jump and steal the starting C job from day 1 he showed flashes of really good play last year but young mistakes as well. Hope he can clean up them and come out the gates strong and dominate the line of scrimmage. I want Big V to grow and make big strides and see him push Johnson and make both of them better for next year when JP hangs it up one of them can swing to the left side and fill his role. I think we all hope that with the offensive pieces we picked up that Wentz will show us that he truly is a franchise QB and can lead this team on a playoff run.

From previous,just dont see Latt falling to 14,so I cant put him in.I am still stuck on Woods as our 2nd 4 pick

GB - any of those fires near you? They're no fun.

Quite possible Cohen goes undrafted.if so grab him along with Conner(value) and we should be ok for awhile at RB

15 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Again how can you know what a player can do until given the chance to see them????? Seumalo hasn't taken a snap at C in the NFL you are correct but he played C in college not really unthinkable he can play the spot....Could we lose something possibly could also gain something as well...The decision doesn't have to be made right away said I would love to see Seamulo win the job either at G or C not handing anything away 

That however was 2 months ago.But a nice overview to read

Must be a reason they didn't bring him in at C at all last yr. Isn't it better to bring him in slowly, or should we just strip Wentz of all Kelces' knowledge and experience?

1 person likes this

Typed that before your reply. Sure, get him in there on a few plays here and there. Don't know where they think he'll fit best, we're actually guard rich right now - not a bad place to be after being thin so long.

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Typed that before your reply. Sure, get him in there on a few plays here and there. Don't know where they think he'll fit best, we're actually guard rich right now - not a bad place to be after being thin so long.

I am all in the spirit of competition Kelce is the starting C right now but if a young guy can step up and play on par with him throughout camp I truly believe going young  would be best for the team long-term..... 

1 person likes this