Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RememberTheKoy

Eli Manning caught being actively involved in a scam selling fake gear wrongfully advertised as "game used"

36 posts in this topic

I didn't think Eli had something like this in him. He always came off as such a dork.

There seems to be an abundance of memorabilia out there sold as "game worn/used". There are only 46 players that can dress each game... It seems to me that too much stuff is out there to be authentic. I always wonder where it came from.

30 minutes ago, toolg said:

There seems to be an abundance of memorabilia out there sold as "game worn/used". There are only 46 players that can dress each game... It seems to me that too much stuff is out there to be authentic. I always wonder where it came from.

I wonder if their backup helmets/jerseys are considered 'Game used' or only those items actually worn while playing/standing on the sidelines. That could potentially double the items available, if each player has one backup helmet and jersey. Triple, if it's two backups.

23 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I wonder if their backup helmets/jerseys are considered 'Game used' or only those items actually worn while playing/standing on the sidelines. That could potentially double the items available, if each player has one backup helmet and jersey. Triple, if it's two backups.

I didn't know they had time to change jerseys during the game to have extras lying around...  I figure everyone gets a new jersey for each game. Some of those poor jerseys will be so torn up and stained by the end of the game. And everyone looks so brand new at the start of the next one.

Nah. It will forever be Eli Manning asking the equipment guy for stuff. :lol:

Just now, toolg said:

I didn't know they had time to change jerseys during the game to have extras lying around...  I figure everyone gets a new jersey for each game. Some of those poor jerseys will be so torn up and stained by the end of the game. And everyone looks so brand new at the start of the next one.

I don't know if they still do it, but I remember back when the Eagles used to sell game used stuff, some of the jerseys and helmets indicated that they were 'unused game backups'. If a jersey gets ripped during a game, it has to be replaced. So a backup would be needed.

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, toolg said:

Here's an example from PE.COM in 2004:

If you look down the list, you'll see that the jerseys say 'game issued', not 'game used'.

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20041012150432/http://store.philadelphiaeagles.com:80/showitems.asp?deptcode1=522

PE.COM_2004.JPG.5a277803d58f2b2cbe1f002334f57db0.JPG

Most of the links don't work, but the Sheldon Brown Link does work:

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20041217105225/http://store.philadelphiaeagles.com:80/productinfo.asp?item=727&deptcode1=522

Sheldon Brown Game Issued Jersey 
Item #99-466

This jersey was prepared as a backup jersey and issued to Sheldon Brown for the 2003 season.  Team issued jerseys are taylored for each player and served as a backup game jersey in the players locker.  The jersey has a size and year tag to show it's approval for game use. This jersey comes with a Certificate of Authenticity from the team.  No returns or exchanges are allowed due to the unique nature of this item. 

So Eli doesn't mind scamming people to turn a profit? Maybe he's got a career in politics after football?

I've always been neutral on my feelings about Eli, as he generally appears to be a nice guy that seems somewhat slow.. but this makes me realize he's a POS.

Fake news. Has to be. guy is a multi-zillionaire.

On 4/14/2017 at 8:07 AM, boogyman said:

Oh haha got it. My Internet sarcasm meter was malfunctioning last night.

The most funny scenario is that this bothers Goodell so much he suspends Eli for 4 games. The Giants lose all 4, then Eli comes back, has a season for the ages and wins the superbowl Ala Brady.

Not hoping that happens but it would be funny.

Ummm...unless Eli gets traded to another team--that's not in the NFC East--there's no scenario that's funny where Eli gets his third Super Bowl ring. 

3 hours ago, Phila.:chip said:

Ummm...unless Eli gets traded to another team--that's not in the NFC East--there's no scenario that's funny where Eli gets his third Super Bowl ring. 

Lighten up skippy.

29 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Lighten up skippy Francis.

Fixed.

1 person likes this