Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paco

Todd Heap accidently hits, kills 3 year old daughter with truck

27 posts in this topic

Holy s*** :sad:

Todd Heap accidentally hits, kills 3-year-old daughter while moving truck

Retired Pro Bowl tight end Todd Heap accidentally struck and killed his 3-year-old daughter Friday afternoon while moving his truck, according to Mesa, Arizona, police.

The incident happened in the driveway of a home in the gated community of Las Sendas. Police responded to a car/pedestrian accident about 3:45 p.m. and were told the girl was on the driveway when Heap moved the truck forward and hit her.

She was taken to a local hospital, where she died, police said.

Heap exhibited no signs of impairment, according to officials. The investigation into the incident is ongoing.

Heap played 10 seasons with the Baltimore Ravens after being selected in the first round of the 2001 draft, and two with the Arizona Cardinals before retiring in 2012.

Heap is a native of Mesa and was a two-time All-Pac-10 selection for Arizona State before heading to the NFL.

1 person likes this

Oh wow. I just can't imagine...:sad:

I hope he finds a way to pull through

3 people like this

God that poor family.

I couldn't imagine losing my daughter let alone in that manner.

To lose your child must be the most heart breaking thing to experience. To be in a way responsible for that is unbearable! :-(

My thoughts go out to the family at this time. 

1 person likes this

Cant imagine what he's goin through, hope he gets through this

1 person likes this

Wow I cant even imagine what that family is going through right now. I wouldn't even want to imagine being in that situation. My thoughts are with Todd and his family as they go through this tough time.

1 person likes this

When I was growing up (forty or fifty years ago), this same thing happened to a guy in our town. Ran over and killed his daughter backing out of the driveway. I was on the same baseball team as the guy's sons. Hell of a thing to have to go through life with.

1 person likes this

just saw the story, what a horrible    tragedy.  hope family comes out ok after this 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Oh wow. I just can't imagine...:sad:

I hope he finds a way to pull through

Yeah, I can't even imagine how distraught he must be. I don't even want to read the article. So sad and tragic.

2 people like this

Horrible.  :sad:

Prayers for him, family, friends...

1 person likes this

Fricken A man. Some freak accident like that can happen to anyone. I'm always worried with my 2nd child because she's the type to take risks and be independent. She'd probably run across the driveway too. My first kid was so safe and paranoid about everything.

Feel so bad for the Heap family. Can't imagine.

1 person likes this

sMy heart goes out to him and his family. The question will still be how the hell she got out. Its a scary thing ..... I live on a Cul De Sac in the city which there is only 3 in the around my neighborhood  . So we have tons of kids always playing on our block . Im always scared parking my truck that I will hit one becasue some parents just let theres kids  run wild

1 person likes this

That's horrible he is gonna blame himself the rest of his life. I've been there. It's terrible. I hope he realizes it was just an accident and not his fault. 

3 people like this

On 15/04/2017 at 3:36 PM, cowboy30 said:

Fricken A man. Some freak accident like that can happen to anyone. I'm always worried with my 2nd child because she's the type to take risks and be independent. She'd probably run across the driveway too. My first kid was so safe and paranoid about everything.

My two are the same. The 4 year old plays it safe and the 2 year old is a wild child. I couldn't fathom being in Heap's position right now. Just truly horrible. Hug your kids if you have them. 

1 person likes this

Heart broken for him and his family when I heard this.  I have 2 young kids and know they do crazy things and no matter how many times you warn them they still do it.  I just can't imagine going through what they are.

Very sad.

Very tragic news. I don't even know what I'd do. Hopefully the family is doing as well as can be expected.

That is so sad. :sad:  Right before Easter too. My thoughts out to the family.

This is why I back into my driveway and garage. Makes it easier for me to know if one of kids ever did anything like that. I've been doing this ever since my wife, who used to be a Therapist at a Children's hospital, told me about a family who rushed their son in to the emergency room for the same kind of incident. He was playing with a ball in the front yard, it got away from him and he ran in front of his mother's car backing out. That boy died in surgery. 

I just don't know how families recover after a thing like that. I can easily see how one spouse blames to the other, even though it's an accident that is hard to prevent. 

Had to make the decision to take Mason off of life support at C.H.O.P. in 2005 and it still kills me to this day.

Todd has to feel 1000X worse then I did the night we hook my son off life support. Hope he can "deal" with this the rest of his life.

Good Luck Todd, prayers to you

Jeez.  So sad.  Praying for the Heap family....

ATNFL is depressing today. 

9 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Jeez.  So sad.  Praying for the Heap family....

ATNFL is depressing today. 

This is definitely a sad story, but the only other big NFL story is Hernandez offing himself. Hardly depressing news. He did his last good deed for the world. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

This is definitely a sad story, but the only other big NFL story is Hernandez offing himself. Hardly depressing news. He did his last only good deed for the world. 

Fixed. ;)

26 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Fixed. ;)

Nicely done. ;) 

22 hours ago, bumpy93 said:

Had to make the decision to take Mason off of life support at C.H.O.P. in 2005 and it still kills me to this day.

Todd has to feel 1000X worse then I did the night we hook my son off life support. Hope he can "deal" with this the rest of his life.

Good Luck Todd, prayers to you

We came close to the same thing with our 2nd child ..... THey even brought a priest in the baptise him .  Only 2 weeks old  , after the priest came in the next day he started getting better .   Best belive there is a higher power in this world .   Im sorry for your loss I cant imagine  :(  

1 person likes this