Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Sal Paolantonio Backs Doug Pederson

12 posts in this topic

Carson Wentz's historic rookie season is a huge reason why Eagles fans should be optimistic about the team moving forward. But ESPN's Sal Paolantonio cites another first-year performance from 2016...

View the full article

Ped a ROOKIE.Is he REALLY any worse than CHIP??? If you say yes,I got a BIG bone to pick with you.He made his bonehead mistakes.Hopefully he learned from that.We gave CHIP 3 years(disaster) so I will do the same for Ped before making any calls.I feel we are FINALLY on the right track.We have alot of re-building to do,so give the guy a chance.With all rooks,do we not allow the same???? This is year 2 and this draft is CRITICAL for our future.Let the man make his calls and guide his staff.I feel we are already light years ahead of the Chip fiasco.Yeah we are hungry for at least a playoff berth.We need t be a little patient a little longer.As an example WHEN have we had the WR corps we have now?? As of now I am "all in" with Ped at the helm.year 2.lets eee what he's got

2 people like this

Doug stayed aggressive in his play-calling throughout the season... even with the musical chairs on the OLine... WR that could not catch the ball... challenged with building chemistry with a a young team with a new coaching staff and scheme. His most impressive act, was putting sooo many rookies in starting positions with good success, setting up a year 2... with significantly less question marks for this team's evolution.

I can't remember an Eagle team, even those transitioning to New Coaches and Schemes... having as many rookies players either starting, or in key roles on the field at the same time. This team with a few bounces our way... less rookie and veteran mistakes at critical times in the game and quite frankly sub standard talent at multiple, key spots... could have easily got 10 wins... very impressed with how Doug and the team handled adversity. I am ready for the next evolution.

1 person likes this

i back Doug 100% too, in his first year he pulled off many miraculous victories. He is agressive and fearless and only lacks wearing a cape with a big eagle on the sidelines.

1 person likes this

Ped a ROOKIE.Is he REALLY any worse than CHIP??? If you say yes,I got a BIG bone to pick with you.He made his bonehead mistakes.Hopefully he learned from that.We gave CHIP 3 years(disaster) so I will do the same for Ped before making any calls.I feel we are FINALLY on the right track.We have alot of re-building to do,so give the guy a chance.With all rooks,do we not allow the same???? This is year 2 and this draft is CRITICAL for our future.Let the man make his calls and guide his staff.I feel we are already light years ahead of the Chip fiasco.Yeah we are hungry for at least a playoff berth.We need t be a little patient a little longer.As an example WHEN have we had the WR corps we have now?? As of now I am "all in" with Ped at the helm.year 2.lets eee what he's got

There's NO COMPARISON between Doug & Chip,whatsoever! I'm really excited for what may lie ahead and I think it's just as much a 'hope' factor as it is my conscience making me feel this way. Plus on top of that,that there are several national analysts (observers in some cases to me) chirping about the Birds. I respect Sal,he tells it like it is! This also says something about Coach Pederson-two of this year's new coaches - Los Angeles' Sean McVay and San Francisco's Kyle Shanahan - have consulted with Pederson about the transition from coordinator to the man in charge, per Paolantonio. Please give me a Super Bowl B4 I leave Earth! ⚡GO EAGLES!⚡

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Layzer said:

I back Doug 100% too, in his first year he pulled off many miraculous victories. He is aggressive and fearless and only lacks wearing a cape with a big eagle on the sidelines.

If I ever saw an NFL coach on the sidelines wearing a cape,I would die laughing!!! "I'm Batman!":roll: Good one Layzer,thanks for the laugh I needed it!

2 people like this

i back Doug 100% too, in his first year he pulled off many miraculous victories. He is agressive and fearless and only lacks wearing a cape with a big eagle on the sidelines.

Miraculous victories??? Like "let's got for it and not kick that FG?" or "lets get conservative with this lead and go 3 and out so the opponent can come back by torching our secondary?" yeah maybe a MASK woulda helped.Rook mistakes,he made them,got them out of the way and we should see a much better performance now,but my poms poms are still in my trunk

3 people like this

Hahaha....you just ain't right GBinFl...hahaha.

2 people like this

Hahaha....you just ain't right GBinFl...hahaha.

True that!! Normal people scare me

I think Coach made as many rookie mistakes as Carson. There is a fine line between brave and stupid, going for it 2x when well within field goal range, failing and ultimately losing the game by 1 point stings a bit. I like many other Eagles fans hope he learned more from his rookie year than any player.

1 person likes this

On 4/15/2017 at 6:39 PM, GreenbleedinFL said:

There's NO COMPARISON between Doug & Chip,whatsoever! I'm really excited for what may lie ahead and I think it's just as much a 'hope' factor as it is my conscience making me feel this way. Plus on top of that,that there are several national analysts (observers in some cases to me) chirping about the Birds. I respect Sal,he tells it like it is! This also says something about Coach Pederson-two of this year's new coaches - Los Angeles' Sean McVay and San Francisco's Kyle Shanahan - have consulted with Pederson about the transition from coordinator to the man in charge, per Paolantonio. Please give me a Super Bowl B4 I leave Earth! ⚡GO EAGLES!⚡

no chip was a total wreck , he cast away all the talent he could and tried to win on scheme alone. trying to prove he was a genius, he kind of proved to be a moron. Pederson made some rookie mistakes, being a bit too aggressive instead of just getting points. I hope he learned from his mistakes as any rookie should. Let's see what happens with Lane in there all year, and with Alshon, and Torrie. I have the same argument for him as I have for Wentz, ..... they lost 6 games by 1 score , a couple less penalties, a couple less dropped passes, etc. this team could have easily made the playoffs last year.

1 person likes this

I think Coach made as many rookie mistakes as Carson. There is a fine line between brave and stupid, going for it 2x when well within field goal range, failing and ultimately losing the game by 1 point stings a bit. I like many other Eagles fans hope he learned more from his rookie year than any player.

Yep,young coach,young players,they will learn from their mistakes.But we got them out of the way(hopefilly) and can grow from here.We lost 3 years with the Chip debacle(a ROUSING 1 win in SF before he got the boot HAHA)