Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Wentz Has Leap To Make In Year 2

203 posts in this topic

Agree wrang, need that outside starter tho

33 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Don't care DWD, not my preferred mock, just incorporating the latest rumor of DE in the 1st. Do your research and do better, let's see it. Get your Schwartz CB's, type of RB's we need etc. Always so fast to jump on others, so there's your challenge.

1st Charles Harris DE fits the wide 9

2nd Sidney Jones CB or Joe Mixon RB Greg Cosells most complete back in the draft

3rd Cordrea Tankersley CB

4th Nazair Jones DT

4th Brian Hill RB or Rasul Douglas CB 

5th Keith Kelsey OLB 

6th KD Cannon WR

7th Tarik Cohen RB 

And that's so much better why? Harris is a good 2nd choice if Barnett isn't there. Also felt we needed a better RB. Nazair is good in the 4th, but is DT really what we need there? The thing is DWD, being constructive is a whole lot nicer than you're usual, negative attitude. None of out mocks and no draft will be perfect.

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

The Mans' Prayer - "I am a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess" - Red Green

In bowing to the latest DE in the 1st rumor;

1) DE Derek Barnett

2) CB Kevin King, CB Sidney Jones

3) RB Samaje Perine

4) CB Howard Wilson

4) OLB Carroll Phillips

5) TE Bucky Hodges

6) WR Travis Rudolph

7) RB De'Veon Smith

Barnett doesn't fit the wide 9 he is to slow. You have a power back when we need a complete back that can catch run with power and elusiveness and block. Phillips I think you pulled a name off a mock because he would be more suited to replace Bradham not Kendricks and if Rudolph is there in the 6th will be a miracle some mocks have him going as high as the 3rd.

And where does Doug want to run? Between the tackles, power back in my book. Perines' been moving up the boards and I had an opportunity to watch some of him last week, was impressed. Barnett beat Reggie Whites' records, one of the biggest mistakes the Eagles ever made. I had Phillips in my original mock as well.

11 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

And that's so much better why? Harris is a good 2nd choice if Barnett isn't there. Also felt we needed a better RB. Nazair is good in the 4th, but is DT really what we need there? The thing is DWD, being constructive is a whole lot nicer than you're usual, negative attitude. None of out mocks and no draft will be perfect.

DT is definitely a need do you think that Allen is a starter if Jernigan has a breakout year he is just a rental player we are not signing him to a huge contract and if he doesnt then we need to upgrade the position.

10 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

And where does Doug want to run? Between the tackles, power back in my book. Perines' been moving up the boards and I had an opportunity to watch some of him last week, was impressed. Barnett beat Reggie Whites' records, one of the biggest mistakes the Eagles ever made. I had Phillips in my original mock as well.

He won in college with power not technic in the NFL he won't do that even close to as much and he needs more then 1 move. In college you can get away with that in the NFL you get exposed by it.

Also if we played a standard 4-3 he might fit better but we play the wide 9 you need some speed off the edge and he is turtle slow

Wow, people w/ different views. Doesn't make either correct. Doug is not going to change running between the tackles, and I'm tired of seeing us try and use small RB's for that. Back later, dinner.

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Wow, people w/ different views. Doesn't make either correct. Doug is not going to change running between the tackles, and I'm tired of seeing us try and use small RB's for that. Back later, dinner.

Joe Mixon 6'1 226lb Brian Hill 6'1 219lb small backs? Really what do you want Natron Means or Jerome Bettis? They couldn't out run a DT but they could get you a few yards. I would rather have a guy AP size (Mixon) that runs hard and can hit the home run.

7 hours ago, Benzino999 said:
  8 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Getting a running game would be Wentz's biggest help right now.

Grab Blount + draft

Or move up and grab Fournette.
This kid is going to be a star RB, let's make him our star RB.

Let me tell you that he will be a decent RB, but he will not be nearly as good as Elliott. Just to let you know that you heard it here first. McCaffrey will be a stud in the NFL. He has speed, vision, balance and can be a weapon in the passing game. He played on a pro style offense so will adapt much faster. IF the Eagles do go RB in the first round (Which I am against) McCaffrey is who I want. Fournette is not the type of RB that is suited for the west coast offense....

Second I already said that lol

3 hours ago, stine said:

I had Humphrey mocked in the first until everyone told me he is too slow and gets beat deep. So I changed him and now see he is one of the fastest CB's in the draft? Moral is do not believe everything you hear.

Girl Brandt from nfl.com just released his top 150 Humphrey was his 7th CB and Jones and Moreau were behind him only cause of injury that would make him the 9th best CB on his big board he is still the 43rd player on the list but that says a lot about how the experts feel

Humphrey is like second fastest CB in this draft, the knock on him is he bites on double moves and turns himself around creating separation. Also Teez Tabor ran SLOW at both pro day and combine, but watch some tape he is an excellent CB. I would be happier if the eagles draft him over Jones.

1 minute ago, SackDakSunday said:

Humphrey is like second fastest CB in this draft, the knock on him is he bites on double moves and turns himself around creating separation. Also Teez Tabor ran SLOW at both pro day and combine, but watch some tape he is an excellent CB. I would be happier if the eagles draft him over Jones.

You would be one of the only ones lol Jones was rated as the 1st or 2nd best corner on most people's boards before getting hurt and he should be ready to go later this season.

6 minutes ago, SackDakSunday said:

Hayward bey was the fastest wr in his draft speed means nothing

My mock hasn't really changed,the only thing to think about is which 2 CB's fit here the best,so Ieave that to the bored.I still go 1) CB 2)CB 3) Walker at DE 4) Nazair Jones at DT,4)Xavier Woods at SS 5) Conner-RB 6)Cohen-RB(Sproles supposed replacement) 7)Robert Davis-WR,then I UDFA(if possible) Bug Howard-WR,Travin Dural-WR and Ashton Lampkin-CB

6 minutes ago, SackDakSunday said:

You would be one of the only ones lol Jones was rated as the 1st or 2nd best corner on most people's boards before getting hurt and he should be ready to go later this season.

Tabor was rated well over jones earlier this year....IJS.... jones was a physical CB. Which is what id like to see for the eagles, just to small put him on Dez and Dez wins. I doubt he could cover Matthews in practice, he needs a weight room and a table of food, and now injury. Jones is the corner I see as a slot corner.

2 minutes ago, SackDakSunday said:

Tabor was rated well over jones earlier this year....IJS.... jones was a physical CB. Which is what id like to see for the eagles, just to small put him on Dez and Dez wins. I doubt he could cover Matthews in practice, he needs a weight room and a table of food, and now injury. Jones is the corner I see as a slot corner.

You would be the only one to think him a slot corner lol 

7 minutes ago, SackDakSunday said:

Teez Tabor is 13 lbs more then Jones and they are the same height so if Jones get beat up by Dez so does Tabor

I'm thinking rather than the fastest guy(aka 40) that we take someone more adept at the shuttle and 3 cone drills.This IMO shows "quick"(not speed,so I been kida workin on that because flat out straight speed is important on some routes,but 'recovery" speed and agility also factor in on may routes

1 person likes this

Hey there GB, you're absolutely correct according to Mayock and a few others I've listened to. Also starting to see some ranking Humphrey lower and lower. Needs help over the top.

1 person likes this

The more I read about Sidney Jones, the more impressive he seems. Tracks the ball early, plays the ball, got a hand on 21.3 % of balls thrown his way. Wonder how much weight he can put on as he could use some muscle. Acl's aren't the career enders they used to be - medicine's come a long way.

1 person likes this

Hey there GB, you're absolutely correct according to Mayock and a few others I've listened to. Also starting to see some ranking Humphrey lower and lower. Needs help over the top.

Basically I'm starting over on my views of who fits here,not by what the "pro" rankers say cause they are WRONG alot(well me too but I don;t get paid HAHA)

Now all we need is all the game tape on every player in our wheelhouse. I figure we don't have that kind of access but sometimes we can come up with scouting reports, etc. Highlight reels are just that, they ought to have lowlight reels as well - why'd the guy get beat and can that be corrected? In my last post I was wondering if Jones's body can handle more muscle, not all frames can. You were also correct in those drills being more important than flat out speed. One of the overlooked observations in 3 cone is ankle flexibility, very telling as to whether they can stay on the field.

2 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

1st Charles Harris DE fits the wide 9

2nd Sidney Jones CB or Joe Mixon RB Greg Cosells most complete back in the draft

3rd Cordrea Tankersley CB

4th Nazair Jones DT

4th Brian Hill RB or Rasul Douglas CB 

5th Keith Kelsey OLB 

6th KD Cannon WR

7th Tarik Cohen RB 

Terrible! Charles Harris at 14? Not worthy. An injured corner that can't play year one in the great second round draft spot? No way. Joe Mixon? Please Merril called him out on trying to bounce everything outside. Plus his issues. Horrible! Tankersley and Nazair are good picks but Tankersley would be our second rounder(not even sure he'll make it through the corner run right in front of our second pick).

Dang my brain hurts.Anyway I went through the CB's and I found some interesting stuff.Now understand there are more variables and this doesn't cover scheme fits(which us a must),but here's what I did.I took the 40,cone,shuttle and vert leap numbers into account.I then made sure all these guys were on ALL 4 of those lists.I then assigned numbers 1-14(as I only did the top 14).Placing first would be worth 14,second 13 etc.if A guy fell below 14th place I still gave him 1 point.i ran across some very interesting things doing this!!!(some shockers really).So based on my points system and based on those 4 drills,the best overall CB was Moreau with 39 points.Kevin King was 2nd with 36 points,Conley/Griffin tied with 35,Witherspoon-34,Awuzie-33 Myrick 31.Some guys we had high were VERY low here.of course this doesn't tell you how they hit or the type cover/run assist they offer,but I found this interesting.So take it FWIW(Jones 13 points,White-15,Tank-18,Adoree-19) SOOO my boy Moreau had the #1 stat line averages on those 4 drills at the combine :) Time for my cyandide pills HAHA

Dang my brain hurts.Anyway I went through the CB's and I found some interesting stuff.Now understand there are more variables and this doesn't cover scheme fits(which us a must),but here's what I did.I took the 40,cone,shuttle and vert leap numbers into account.I then made sure all these guys were on ALL 4 of those lists.I then assigned numbers 1-14(as I only did the top 14).Placing first would be worth 14,second 13 etc.if A guy fell below 14th place I still gave him 1 point.i ran across some very interesting things doing this!!!(some shockers really).So based on my points system and based on those 4 drills,the best overall CB was Moreau with 39 points.Kevin King was 2nd with 36 points,Conley/Griffin tied with 35,Witherspoon-34,Awuzie-33 Myrick 31.Some guys we had high were VERY low here.of course this doesn't tell you how they hit or the type cover/run assist they offer,but I found this interesting.So take it FWIW(Jones 13 points,White-15,Tank-18,Adoree-19) SOOO my boy Moreau had the #1 stat line averages on those 4 drills at the combine :) Time for my cyandide pills HAHA

So this kinda sums up the pure atleticism.So from those guys we need to figure out how they fit in our system(aka what will be demanded of them),how they hit/tackle/finish or what have you.Fragility(weight) body type would also be variables,but I though the numbers were interesting