Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Runtherock

Celek

9 posts in this topic

Hate that they made Celek take a pay cut. Such a quality guy, and still a damned good football player, the best all-round tight end on this team. Hate it. Like that 1 mil will make a difference in anything. The good guys should be treated with respect. Hate it.

Love Celek. And he's not the first player to be in this position. Perhaps Celek took it in hopes the Eagles could become something special. 

Yup.  Love that he was willing.  But hate that he had to.

1 person likes this

Haven't read much on this. Was he forced to or was he asked and agreed to?

I realize at times they can be one and the same. 

Asked to and agreed, best I can tell. Whether that came with an implied threat I donno. Tod Heremans did not like it and said so.

Celek is the epitome of mediocre.  Should've been cut years ago, but this organization and fanbase has a weird obsession with him

On 18/04/2017 at 10:01 PM, Runtherock said:

Hate that they made Celek take a pay cut. Such a quality guy, and still a damned good football player, the best all-round tight end on this team. Hate it. Like that 1 mil will make a difference in anything. The good guys should be treated with respect. Hate it.

Umm I'm sorry what now? What exactly is your problem with Howie restructuring his deal? It's a good thing for the team and it helps us out so I'm struggling to see what the issue is. He's a good player who's actually doing what's right for the team. Where is the downside to that? 

On 4/22/2017 at 10:02 AM, snoopdogg88 said:

Celek is the epitome of mediocre.  Should've been cut years ago, but this organization and fanbase has a weird obsession with him

Lol, what?