DaveSpadaro

[News] Offense Or Defense For Draft Weekend?

170 posts in this topic

The comments that have been made suggest to me offense because they want to build up around Wentz. But certainly the greater need at this time is defense so it's a tough one.

I do worry a little that Jeffery is on a one year deal. Matthews is up for an extension at the end of this season or he's testing FA and we really have no idea what to expect from Smith plus to cut him costs us next to nothing.

Obviously we can hope that these things will work out for us. That Jeffery is a stud like we all hope and gets a really good deal. We hope that Smith gives us that deep threat and for a pretty team friendly deal can remain. And we hope that Matthews contract negotiations go well and that again it works to our favour. But that's a lot of hoping.

I think we should either go RB or corner. And as I don't think we will go RB it should really be corner but who knows. Nothing at this point would surprise me and bottom line? We need players to make an impact.

With 8 picks I'd be happy with 5 defense and 3 offense. Maybe even 6 defense! And maybe we make some trades to pick up extra picks. 

Didn't we build up around Wentz in the offseason???

@UK_EaglesFan89-I had the same gut feeling (as long as no trades) that the Draft would consist of 5 'D' & 3 'O' and fill in the blanks to = 90 w/UDFA's.

Yep I have 5 D players first,then 3 O's in 5,6,7

1 person likes this

Yeah, yeah, yeah - take your bow of Griffin. How's it going this am?

1 person likes this

Schedule release tonight. We deserve a later bi week and want the 10 days out west.

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

To an extent yes... In fact a lot yes. Still think he could do with a young WR to build with. I'm not saying a first round pick by the way. And a young stud RB. But yes so far they've done a really good job of building around Wentz this off season. 

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Well Mixon is off the Eagles board now.

Report: Eagles interested in Joe Mixon if he falls to 2nd round:

Joe Mixon may not be off the Philadelphia Eagles draft board as originally thought. 

According to Josh Norris of Rotoworld, the Eagles may still be in play to draft Mixon if he falls to the second round of next week's NFL Draft. The Eagles are one of five teams to have done "a ton of homework" on Mixon,along with the Raiders,Bengals,Saints,and Vikings.

Eagles general manger Howie Roseman apparently got the "go-ahead" from owner Jeffrey Lurie to draft Mixon, contrary from an earlier report Wednesday stating Mixon was off the team's draft board.…………………………☟

http://phi.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Eagles-interested-in-Joe-Mixon-if-he-falls-to-2nd-round-52382236

I do not believe this for one second. Having a distraction like Mixon will ruin the team. We do not have the structure to handle this type of human being.

2 people like this

Ok nearly awake now HAHA I was reading up on King.I would like 2 CB's 1/2 depends on who is there.Griffin is a rough project,but worth a late pick for the future.Griffin scored well in my "paper" system,so at least the potential is there.We have a problem,although a deep CB draft,some of the guys we like will go off the board between 14-43,which is where the bulk of this CB talent is.I'm beginning to see the value of a little trade back in 1 to get another of those 14-43 players(well it would then be like 19-43).if we feel we can move back a bit and still get our round 1 target,I say go for it

1 person likes this

Mach 10-
Rueben Foster LB Alabama
Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State
Zay Jones WR East Carolina
Fabian Moreau CB UCLA
Kareem Hunt RB Toledo
Tanoh Kpassagnon Edge Villanova
Rasul Douglas CB WVU
Jalen Myrick CB Minnesota
Donnel Pumphrey RB SD State
Josh Malone WR Tennessee

Good am Stine. Mixon is troubling. We all saw the video, now there was another one back in highschool, shows a trend and character I don't want. The girl he hit in the video is a doper what's he doing around people like that? Someone's going to get a good player, but for how long? Too bad the cowpies need so much secondary, pass rush and linemen, perfect player for their all prison team.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:
  17 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Well Mixon is off the Eagles board now.

Report: Eagles interested in Joe Mixon if he falls to 2nd round:

Joe Mixon may not be off the Philadelphia Eagles draft board as originally thought. 

According to Josh Norris of Rotoworld, the Eagles may still be in play to draft Mixon if he falls to the second round of next week's NFL Draft. The Eagles are one of five teams to have done "a ton of homework" on Mixon,along with the Raiders,Bengals,Saints,and Vikings.

Eagles general manger Howie Roseman apparently got the "go-ahead" from owner Jeffrey Lurie to draft Mixon, contrary from an earlier report Wednesday stating Mixon was off the team's draft board.…………………………☟

http://phi.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Eagles-interested-in-Joe-Mixon-if-he-falls-to-2nd-round-52382236

I do not believe this for one second. Having a distraction like Mixon will ruin the team. We do not have the structure to handle this type of human being.

On the other hand,you have the tough city of Philly to keep his lame arse in place-HAHA

17 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

To an extent yes... In fact a lot yes. Still think he could do with a young WR to build with. I'm not saying a first round pick by the way. And a young stud RB. But yes so far they've done a really good job of building around Wentz this off season. 

Well we think the same then.The D needs some fresh blood/new toyz and I am fine with RB Conner in round 5 and Choen in 6 followed by a WR with raw talent we can bring along in Robert Davis and a few WR UDFA's such as underrated Travin Dural(numbers suffered because they had this little know RB named FOURNETTE lol)

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:
  21 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well we think the same then.The D needs some fresh blood/new toyz and I am fine with RB Conner in round 5 and Choen in 6 followed by a WR with raw talent we can bring along in Robert Davis and a few WR UDFA's such as underrated Travin Dural(numbers suffered because they had this little know RB named FOURNETTE lol)

*Cohen

King,Moreau(my boy early on),Conley,Awuzie,Q.Wilson,Witherspoon-Get me 2 of these!!!!!!

King,Moreau(my boy early on),Conley,Awuzie,Q.Wilson,Witherspoon-Get me 2 of these!!!!!!

Oh and add JONES in there

1 week 12 hours until the Eagles pick(but who's counting lol)

Not me anymore. Will check out some late rd and udfa players, the enjoyment's gone out of the high rds, just has to play out. 12 hrs to draft would be much more better!

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I'm not necessarily all about taking a RB that late but then I'm also not against it. I'm not all about taking a WR that late but again I'm not against it. I'm kind of happy to see how things fall out although there are some needs that have to be addressed. 

Meat of the draft(that tells me you know what you are doing) really comes in rounds 3,4,5 because at that point you have to really STUDY who these guys are and their future potential and how they can benefit your team ASAP

2 people like this

As far as DE's one guy who got some attention and now seems to be on the back burner again is Basham.I would have zero problem taking him or Walker in round 3

1 person likes this

As far as DE's one guy who got some attention and now seems to be on the back burner again is Basham.I would have zero problem taking him or Walker in round 3

PS I love the kids name because it FITS his position-HAHA

Schedule comes out tonight. Afew from the old EMB and I go to one game each year. Should be around 5 of us going this year. If anyone is interested let me know. Once we choose a game I will let all know and if they want to sit with us I may be able to get tickets grouped together. We have a great tailgate spot complete with a TV and grill and smoker located inside of Gate F. Lupes and DWD has my email as do a few others.

1 person likes this

Good am Stine. Mixon is troubling. We all saw the video, now there was another one back in highschool, shows a trend and character I don't want. The girl he hit in the video is a doper what's he doing around people like that? Someone's going to get a good player, but for how long? Too bad the cowpies need so much secondary, pass rush and linemen, perfect player for their all prison team.

Methinks if they, or anyone, drafts Mixon it'll be a team FRIENDLY deal so if he screws up he gets nothing.

I'd have a problem taking him before the 3rd.

1 person likes this

48 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Methinks if they, or anyone, drafts Mixon it'll be a team FRIENDLY deal so if he screws up he gets nothing.

I'd have a problem taking him before the 3rd.

No worries,he will be gone by then.Him and Zeke would be a great tandem in Dullaz(bad for us lol)

45 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I'm not necessarily all about taking a RB that late but then I'm also not against it. I'm not all about taking a WR that late but again I'm not against it. I'm kind of happy to see how things fall out although there are some needs that have to be addressed. 

Conner was a lock 2/3 before his cancer bout.In 5 I believe that to be an outstanding value

32 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:
  47 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Conner was a lock 2/3 before his cancer bout.In 5 I believe that to be an outstanding value

So if you can get a round 2/3 RB in 5 it's better than spending a higher pick on a position you could use elsewhere