gch

Giants at Dallas for opener.

47 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, cowboy_ron said:

Vince, I'm not sure it makes that much difference most of the time.....atleast it didn't for us last year, sometimes the bye causes a team to lose momentum during a bye, in our case a 1st rd bye..one and done

I couldn't agree more. I always felt that the bye nowhere near as relevant as so many make it out to be.

When a team is on a roll, a bye can bring it to a stop. When a team is struggling and banged up, a bye can help.

That's about it.

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, texasgiantfan said:

ūüėÜ

It will be a two team race for the division with The Boys and Giants each winning at least 11 games.  Washington and Philly will most likely fight for the right to stay out of the basement.

Wager? 

4 hours ago, LesDawg1978 said:

Wager? 

Honestly, it doesn't matter if it's 3rd or last so I'll pass on the wager.  

Hate when people say before the season starts that this team or that team has the toughest schedule.  Judge how difficult the schedule is after the season is over.  Denver might drop this year with a new coach.  KC could too.  Maybe Zona is just not that good like last year.  Seattle's window might be closing, etc.

Things change from year to year.  Teams that were good last year might fall off this year.  Actually, you can guarantee there will be good teams that have bad seasons in 2017.

I'm giving the Eagles 1 more year of sub .500 football then they better start contending in 2018.  I think the NYG and Dallas will be better unless they are hit with injuries of course.

2 people like this

40 minutes ago, RepPhilly said:

Hate when people say before the season starts that this team or that team has the toughest schedule.  Judge how difficult the schedule is after the season is over.  Denver might drop this year with a new coach.  KC could too.  Maybe Zona is just not that good like last year.  Seattle's window might be closing, etc.

Things change from year to year.  Teams that were good last year might fall off this year.  Actually, you can guarantee there will be good teams that have bad seasons in 2017.

I'm giving the Eagles 1 more year of sub .500 football then they better start contending in 2018.  I think the NYG and Dallas will be better unless they are hit with injuries of course.

Pretty much how I feel. I have low expectations this season. It's why I don't care how how supposedly tough our schedule is. I don't care if we draft 2 corners and put them in the starting lineup right away. My biggest hope is significant progress in the performance of the team, and Wentz especially. Next year, it's time to start seriously contending for the division, if not, a deep playoff run.

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Pretty much how I feel. I have low expectations this season. It's why I don't care how how supposedly tough our schedule is. I don't care if we draft 2 corners and put them in the starting lineup right away. My biggest hope is significant progress in the performance of the team, and Wentz especially. Next year, it's time to start seriously contending for the division, if not, a deep playoff run.

I'd be fine with another 7-9 or 8-8 season as long as there is improvement.  I'd like to see Wentz's TD's go up somewhere in the 20's and his int's drop to 10 or lower with his YPA going up.  Also, like to see them play better on the road.  Think they were 1-7 on the road so that needs to improve.  They were in most of their games so I'd like to see them lose close if they are going to lose.  No games like the Seattle or Cincy game where they weren't in it by the 4th qtr.

Then by 2018 Wentz is even better, they have a good RB in place, LB and CB are addressed or at least somewhat and they should be ready to get to the playoffs as maybe a wild card.

1 hour ago, RepPhilly said:

Things change from year to year.  Teams that were good last year might fall off this year.  Actually, you can guarantee there will be good teams that have bad seasons in 2017

100% agreed

People are constantly assuming that every team is going to do exactly what they did in the previous season. Its stupid as hell, and its pointless to sweat the damn schedule until we see these teams take the field and show the world how good they really are

Personally, I dont think the Giants are getting close to 11 wins again, primarily because they've once again ignored the OL(as it stands today), and I dont see a whole lot of reason for hope that they'll address it in the draft. The defense may not be as good as they were last season.

Too many unkowns to guess what might happen, and it sure as ish would be stupid as hell to make any "wagers" at this point

The only thing that's guaranteed is that my Cowboys won't win the division. That's just how the NFC East works. Hopefully they're a very good wildcard team. As of now, they're about a 9 win team at best, until I see some nice changes to the defense next week and early in camp.

11 hours ago, RepPhilly said:

I'm giving the Eagles 1 more year of sub .500 football then they better start contending in 2018.  I think the NYG and Dallas will be better unless they are hit with injuries of course.

Well said Rep. 

10 hours ago, RepPhilly said:

I'd be fine with another 7-9 or 8-8 season as long as there is improvement.  I'd like to see Wentz's TD's go up somewhere in the 20's and his int's drop to 10 or lower with his YPA going up.  Also, like to see them play better on the road.  Think they were 1-7 on the road so that needs to improve.  They were in most of their games so I'd like to see them lose close if they are going to lose.  No games like the Seattle or Cincy game where they weren't in it by the 4th qtr.

Then by 2018 Wentz is even better, they have a good RB in place, LB and CB are addressed or at least somewhat and they should be ready to get to the playoffs as maybe a wild card.

Those happen to all teams eventually, but I get your point. I want to see improvement everywhere also.

22 hours ago, texasgiantfan said:

Honestly, it doesn't matter if it's 3rd or last so I'll pass on the wager.  

Nah, wager on the Eagles and Giants record. If you're serious, PM and we can set that up. 

On 4/23/2017 at 0:22 AM, Gmen4ever said:

100% agreed

People are constantly assuming that every team is going to do exactly what they did in the previous season. Its stupid as hell, and its pointless to sweat the damn schedule until we see these teams take the field and show the world how good they really are

Personally, I dont think the Giants are getting close to 11 wins again, primarily because they've once again ignored the OL(as it stands today), and I dont see a whole lot of reason for hope that they'll address it in the draft. The defense may not be as good as they were last season.

Too many unkowns to guess what might happen, and it sure as ish would be stupid as hell to make any "wagers" at this point

I see egos flying with B marsh and Odella .  Marshall might talk a good game but he is full of ish .  Just last year he lost a bet ... cost him 100k porche 

14 hours ago, gch said:

Well said Rep. 

:thumbsup:

On 4/23/2017 at 0:22 AM, Gmen4ever said:

100% agreed

Too many unknowns? They're bringing back 10 out of 11 starters on defense and added Marshall on offense. They'll take 1 or 2 OL in the draft, you can bet on that. It's ok to be optimistic. That goes for you too Vince...;)

7 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Too many unknowns? They're bringing back 10 out of 11 starters on defense and added Marshall on offense. They'll take 1 or 2 OL in the draft, you can bet on that. It's ok to be optimistic. That goes for you too Vince...;)

When I see the offense function on the level of an NFL team, instead of something that a high school typically runs(and runs it 10x better), I'll crank up the optimism. As it stands right now, not going to even entertain it. I'm hopeful, but not optimisitic.

As for them taking 1 or 2 OL in the draft, dont be so sure, my man. Something tells me that they're going to be sticking with DL, RB, WR, TE, and CB. If they grab OL, it'll probably be in the later rounds. I hope I'm wrong about that, because they need OL in the worst way

I like when the Cowboys/Giants open on Sunday Night. After all of the football that day, I can go to bed early to get ready for Monday.

17 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Are you implying that I'm some sort of eternal pessimist?

Im optimistic sometimes...

For example, I believe that out of the upcoming new batch of reaches and injury prone "steals" that the Giants will be getting from the draft, that perhaps 1 or 2 may have a positive impact...

On 4/21/2017 at 9:24 AM, texasgiantfan said:

ūüėÜ

It will be a two team race for the division with The Boys and Giants each winning at least 11 games.  Washington and Philly will most likely fight for the right to stay out of the basement.

K, pal.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Keiw789 said:

K, pal.

Making your yearly appearance? :lol:

9 hours ago, Keiw789 said:

K, pal.

What's up lady?  Congrats on all the great things you've accomplished over the past several months.  BTW, it was just a prediction and of course I reserve the right to change my mind at a moments notice.

14 hours ago, Keiw789 said:

K, pal.

Whats up guy!