DaveSpadaro

[News] On An Unusual Schedule, News And Notes

361 posts in this topic

This schedule is already a win, that early bye killed us last year.

2 people like this

Having a 5-4 record heading into the week 10 Bye, and nice late season rest, can really set us up for the playoffs, even against good competition... getting to 5-4 on tired bodies will be the trick.

2 people like this

Last year the Eagles faced 3 teams coming off bye weeks(2 division rivals), and this year there are none, and they Eagles face Dallas coming off of their own bye week. If they can start out strong with the 2 away games, they could have a really good season.

2 people like this

I feel you GBinFl...my wife is from Boston...my daughter with her is a ex Patriot fan converted her to an Eagle about 5 yrs ago taking her to the link during Training Camp... her, her boyfriend is a Patriot fan.... My youngest...twenty one yr old going on 50... just relocated to Fort Meyers Fl. area with my x, been a fan from birth...fanatic like me... my oldest daughter and son are Ravens fans sucks...my other son, not yet famous rapper, musician is a G'aints fan... I feel your pain...traitors... Yea I gotta love them grrrrrrr...Hahahaha.

Hey I live in NORTH Fort Myers,so he's a new neighbor lol

1 person likes this

Having a 5-4 record heading into the week 10 Bye, and nice late season rest, can really set us up for the playoffs, even against good competition... getting to 5-4 on tired bodies will be the trick.

Have to see how the draft and OTA's go before you annoint us with a 5-4 record lol

Forgot Denver has QB probs, guess Lynch is starting so we have a shot at 10-6, enough for the playoffs.

Well we need CB's or their WR's will dance all over us

So we drew Carolina and Da Bears. Not bad. Need to be able to beat the Bears. Carolina is super inconsistent. Hard to predict where they will be at. That game being on Thur night makes it an even more wild card game. Glad to see only one Thur night game on the schedule.

1 person likes this

Our division is much tougher. We got a weird schedule and a lot of good teams we will be facing. I'm worried and excited at the same time. This year will be a great test to see where we are overall as a team and to see how Wentz improves. He did great year one and now I'm expecting even more from him. Let's reclaim this division! Go Eagles!

2 people like this

I like that there's a rematch of every playoff game, a pretty cool 1st

1 person likes this

It'll be a great Christmas for me if the Eagles beat the Raiders at home Christmas night. Wouldn't it be cool to see Wentz toss 8 TD's vs. the Raiders and own the record? ☺

1 person likes this

Looks like a fun schedule this year....Honestly right now game i am most excited for is Philly vs Oakland on Christmas......On paper could be one of the best games of the year

3 people like this

Basing strength of schedule on opponents W/L records last year doesn't mean much. I think where and when they have to travel this year means more.
Last night I thought this was a terrible schedule for us but after further review it's not so bad as it could have been.

1 person likes this

Looks like a fun schedule this year....Honestly right now game i am most excited for is Philly vs Oakland on Christmas......On paper could be one of the best games of the year

They just did this one so the announcers could go on and on about throwing snowballs at Santa.

3 people like this

Meds in the NFL vs DEA, interesting to some

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/the-dea-warned-nfl-doctors-about-drug-laws-in-2011-it-didnt-go-well/2017/04/20/38d8a37a-1fc3-11e7-be2a-3a1fb24d4671_story.html?tid=pm_sports_pop

If the Raiders get Beastmode they could ruin NE's almost perfect season - that would be precious

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, rlubrich87 said:

So the break down on ESPN has us going 9-7 with two wins against Dallas and splitting the division the rest of the way interesting but at this point its only thought there will be a lot that changes come next week.

These sports organizations that think they can predict the W's & L's before the season even starts (let alone the Draft) kills me. Even during the season,no matter what the records are,who's at home,and anything else that could come into play,it's too hard to sort out. The NFL is so competitive that you could flip a coin on any given game day to determine who will get the W! :fishing:  They could play Rock'em Sock'em Robots to pick the winners for all I care!

58f9f88b584a6_RockemSockemRobots.jpg.52ed715fd5f73112ca8490f46c60b780.jpg  

11 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Giants have 4 games vs teams coming off their bye's. Didn't we have 3 last yr?

Yes,3 is correct sir. And I'm not sure,but I think they were all in a row. Just to make things even,the Eagles should get to play 3 teams coming off of their BYE this season.

1 person likes this

And then in 2018 & '19 the ★'s & Skins get their due. ☺

11 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Maybe.My daughter is a Pats fan,but I gotta love her anyway

Be glad she's not a ★'s fan!

1 person likes this

Eagles at Cheeves in September. I'll be at that one. It's only about a 5 hour drive.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So we drew Carolina and Da Bears. Not bad. Need to be able to beat the Bears. Carolina is super inconsistent. Hard to predict where they will be at. That game being on Thur night makes it an even more wild card game. Glad to see only one Thur night game on the schedule.

Does any team play 2 Thur. nite games?

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

I like that there's a rematch of every playoff game, a pretty cool 1st

I wish that I could remember that far back. Heck,sometimes I have trouble remembering the day before!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Meds in the NFL vs DEA, interesting to some

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/the-dea-warned-nfl-doctors-about-drug-laws-in-2011-it-didnt-go-well/2017/04/20/38d8a37a-1fc3-11e7-be2a-3a1fb24d4671_story.html?tid=pm_sports_pop

If the Raiders get Beastmode they could ruin NE's almost perfect season - that would be precious

I read an article last night about how opioids are practically passed out like M&M's to get some players on the field. It was an article that about 60 some percent Americans favor NFL players using marijuana for pain vs. opioids.

Rueben Foster fails his drug test, so he may be around for the Eagles at 14. Draft him! He is a game changer and will ignite this offense. He will cancel out Elliott. The dude is not the brightest bulb on the tree, but he can play football....

3 people like this