DaveSpadaro

[News] On An Unusual Schedule, News And Notes

361 posts in this topic

Every team that considered taking Foster has already or is doing their due diligence. Each teams' security office does background checks, actually talking w/ people around the candidate. It sounds as tho it was something the doc gave him and he tried flushing it - to me no biggie. That's why I'd like to know the chemical involved in these situations. A few yrs ago a player and wife were trying to get pregnant and his doc gave him a med to increase sperm activity - he got popped, fined and suspended. Was he wrong? Yes. All players are responsible for what goes into their bodies, so they should check with the league 1st and in this case he should have gotten an allowance for the drug. Foster supposedly was given this mystery drug to recoup from an illness, if so it should be of little concern to teams, a lesson learned. However if it was an illicit, street, or actual PED - the red flags should be up and further investigation into his past and past usage needs to be done. I'll expand this to include Mixon. The red flag in front of everyones' eyes are the 2 known instances where he hit women. Everyone wants to know if this is a trend w/ him etc. The girl he hit in the 2nd case in the video is supposedly a known druggie. I would want to know what he's doing around people like that.

Now if the security team can only stop middle of the night alarm pullers on our road trips!

My GP doc would only give me prescription nsaid for my back trouble. As soon as she saw the MRI the oxy script flew off her pad, of which I've only taken 2. The surgeon on the other hand has made me sign a paper that he will be the only allowed to prescribe pain meds after the op. For some people, just a few doses can lead to addiction, so it's understandable the battle for players not to want to play in pain and what it can lead to.

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Meds in the NFL vs DEA, interesting to some

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/the-dea-warned-nfl-doctors-about-drug-laws-in-2011-it-didnt-go-well/2017/04/20/38d8a37a-1fc3-11e7-be2a-3a1fb24d4671_story.html?tid=pm_sports_pop

If the Raiders get Beastmode they could ruin NE's almost perfect season - that would be precious

I read an article last night about how opioids are practically passed out like M&M's to get some players on the field. It was an article that about 60 some percent Americans favor NFL players using marijuana for pain vs. opioids.

Yes, the poll was 61 percent of US citizens are in favor of legalization of marijuana. I fully expect it to happen nationwide within the next five years. As far as opioids are concerned, during the same poll it was brought up that for the first time that they have been keeping track of US life expectancy, it has dropped for US citizens due to overdose deaths from opioids.

1 person likes this

Rueben Foster fails his drug test, so he may be around for the Eagles at 14. Draft him! He is a game changer and will ignite this offense. He will cancel out Elliott. The dude is not the brightest bulb on the tree, but he can play football....

You know what will happen if the Eagles pass on Foster at 14 stine? One of the better playoff teams in the lower first round will take him and instantly be a better ball club that we have to beatin the playoffs. I am hoping that if the Eagles pass on him at 14 that an AFC team selects him but the Redskins are suppose to be interested in him an Cook if they fall to them. Which player would you rather play against two times a year for the next 8 to 10 years. The other concern I have on passing up O.J. Howard at 14 is the fact that the Giants want him if he falls to them. That would make them a very tough opponent on offense to face twice a year with their existing receivers.

1 person likes this

Every team that considered taking Foster has already or is doing their due diligence. Each teams' security office does background checks, actually talking w/ people around the candidate. It sounds as tho it was something the doc gave him and he tried flushing it - to me no biggie. That's why I'd like to know the chemical involved in these situations. A few yrs ago a player and wife were trying to get pregnant and his doc gave him a med to increase sperm activity - he got popped, fined and suspended. Was he wrong? Yes. All players are responsible for what goes into their bodies, so they should check with the league 1st and in this case he should have gotten an allowance for the drug. Foster supposedly was given this mystery drug to recoup from an illness, if so it should be of little concern to teams, a lesson learned. However if it was an illicit, street, or actual PED - the red flags should be up and further investigation into his past and past usage needs to be done. I'll expand this to include Mixon. The red flag in front of everyones' eyes are the 2 known instances where he hit women. Everyone wants to know if this is a trend w/ him etc. The girl he hit in the 2nd case in the video is supposedly a known druggie. I would want to know what he's doing around people like that.

Now if the security team can only stop middle of the night alarm pullers on our road trips!

Mixon hit 1 woman. The other allegation was recinded

1 hour ago, stine said:

Rueben Foster fails his drug test, so he may be around for the Eagles at 14. Draft him! He is a game changer and will ignite this offense. He will cancel out Elliott. The dude is not the brightest bulb on the tree, but he can play football....

You know what will happen if the Eagles pass on Foster at 14 stine? One of the better playoff teams in the lower first round will take him and instantly be a better ball club that we have to beatin the playoffs. I am hoping that if the Eagles pass on him at 14 that an AFC team selects him but the Redskins are suppose to be interested in him an Cook if they fall to them. Which player would you rather play against two times a year for the next 8 to 10 years. The other concern I have on passing up O.J. Howard at 14 is the fact that the Giants want him if he falls to them. That would make them a very tough opponent on offense to face twice a year with their existing receivers.

OJ Howard does not make it past 10. I would be shocked if both were there at 14. Eagles will pick Foster if both were available I think...

9 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  1 hour ago, stine said:

OJ Howard does not make it past 10. I would be shocked if both were there at 14. Eagles will pick Foster if both were available I think...

I happen to believe that Howard, Foster, Cook and Conley will all be there at 14 and will make the decision tough. JMO. I also believe that all three guys are better than Conley BUT, it all depends on whether they want BPA or BPA of the greatest need on who they will pick. Actually, we need all of these positions but CB is the greatest need.

2 people like this

32 minutes ago, stine said:
  41 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  1 hour ago, stine said:

I happen to believe that Howard, Foster, Cook and Conley will all be there at 14 and will make the decision tough. JMO. I also believe that all three guys are better than Conley BUT, it all depends on whether they want BPA or BPA of the greatest need on who they will pick. Actually, we need all of these positions but CB is the greatest need.

Yeah,but really,we've been ignoring/patching this secondary for years and it's time to FIX it with guys that will be here for a decade.I think we learned the "piece meal" approach,no matter what you spend on FA's is no replacement for having a group that has learned together.Great draft for secodary players and if we don't load up we will be back to getting smoked in the 1/4 quarter

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, stine said:
  1 hour ago, stine said:

You are most likely the only one with that opinion my friend... Both Howard and Foster are top 10 talents. Cook is ranked better than 14 too I believe. To have all 3 fall would be remarkable. Conley could easily fall that far. These CB's are tough to handicap and Mel Kiper says the top 6-7 are all very close and could go in any order.

Stine - rescinded doesn't mean it didn't happen. After that video I'm inclined to believe he could have done it before. Never met the guy ( a man would never do such a thing ), but I'm also inclined to believe if in those circumstances, he's capable of doing it again. He'd be off my board, not worth the risk.

13 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Giants have 4 games vs teams coming off their bye's. Didn't we have 3 last yr?

Yes,3 is correct sir. And I'm not sure,but I think they were all in a row. Just to make things even,the Eagles should get to play 3 teams coming off of their BYE this season.

I don't even like bye weeks.Sometimes it's unfair.Play 17 games!!!! After "work" they get 4 months vacation.Anyone else get that?

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Maybe.My daughter is a Pats fan,but I gotta love her anyway

Be glad she's not a ★'s fan!

No,I told her that if she ever was,since I brought her into this life,I would take her out as well HAHA(JK)

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So we drew Carolina and Da Bears. Not bad. Need to be able to beat the Bears. Carolina is super inconsistent. Hard to predict where they will be at. That game being on Thur night makes it an even more wild card game. Glad to see only one Thur night game on the schedule.

Does any team play 2 Thur. nite games?

Dunno Detroit always gets Thanksgiving(tradition started by?????) they might

Stine, The two players the Redskins are most interested in if they fall are Foster and Cook. The Giants two players they are most interested in if they fall are O.J.Howard and Christian McCaffery. From what I have read, if both of the Giants favorite players are gone they will select OT Ramczyk. The Cowboys love Corey Davis but unless they trade up I don't see it happening. Although you may be correct about Howard not being there at 14, the two teams above us that seem the most interested in him at the present time are the Jags and the Browns at pick 12. Who knows what the Browns will do as they have been linked to every player on the board and the Jags have three possible players in there sights in Jamal Adams, Howard and Peppers.

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/the-dea-warned-nfl-doctors-about-drug-laws-in-2011-it-didnt-go-well/2017/04/20/38d8a37a-1fc3-11e7-be2a-3a1fb24d4671_story.html?tid=pm_sports_pop

If the Raiders get Beastmode they could ruin NE's almost perfect season - that would be precious

I read an article last night about how opioids are practically passed out like M&M's to get some players on the field. It was an article that about 60 some percent Americans favor NFL players using marijuana for pain vs. opioids.

Great just what we need,stoners on a football field that weigh 300 pounds(sounds like a recipe for disaster lol)

1 person likes this

Till he fails his next test

1 person likes this

In the case of wanting children(remember the WIFE here???) ,I gotta call BS. These people are HUMANS and playing football(your WORK) should not be affected by your LIFE decision to have kids.Tell the NFL what you are doing and yes although the NFL blew it,the player should have notified them so they would know and that it was a doctor ordered temporary thing/This really needs to be changed

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:
  3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Yes, the poll was 61 percent of US citizens are in favor of legalization of marijuana. I fully expect it to happen nationwide within the next five years. As far as opioids are concerned, during the same poll it was brought up that for the first time that they have been keeping track of US life expectancy, it has dropped for US citizens due to overdose deaths from opioids.

Yeah like Canada,you can smoke up your car on grass,but they will destroy you if you have a beer in the car(very strange when I was there lol).BTW,no beer at mini marts there,you have to go to a "state store" I love my beer so went to take some back to the hotel Got a 12 pack of Molson and a 12 of Bud(that's IMPORTED lol) So,I went to check out and it was 84(Canadian) bucks PER 12.Thats how they pay for their healthcare system.That's fine I suppose,but NO taxes on grass and you can grow your own as much as you want

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, stine said:

Agreed,OJ is too big a playmaker to ignore to fall that far

1 hour ago, stine said:

IMO Gnats go RB,they haven't had a decent one in quite awhile

Inside of a week to go!!! We MUST get this one right!!!

14 hours ago, rlubrich87 said:

So the break down on ESPN has us going 9-7 with two wins against Dallas and splitting the division the rest of the way interesting but at this point its only thought there will be a lot that changes come next week.

These sports organizations that think they can predict the W's & L's before the season even starts (let alone the Draft) kills me. Even during the season,no matter what the records are,who's at home,and anything else that could come into play,it's too hard to sort out. The NFL is so competitive that you could flip a coin on any given game day to determine who will get the W! :fishing:  They could play Rock'em Sock'em Robots to pick the winners for all I care!

58f9f88b584a6_RockemSockemRobots.jpg.52ed715fd5f73112ca8490f46c60b780.jpg  

BTW besides playing 17 games,lose this "compensatory pick"baloney.have 8 rounds of draft and stop giving teams picks because the are inept at getting/keeping players

1 person likes this

What are the gnats going to do for LT?

1 person likes this

What are the gnats going to do for LT?

Punt

1 person likes this