[News] On An Unusual Schedule, News And Notes

362 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  32 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  3 hours ago, stine said:
  3 hours ago, 1wrangler said:
  4 hours ago, stine said:

Rueben Foster fails his drug test, so he may be around for the Eagles at 14. Draft him! He is a game changer and will ignite this offense. He will cancel out Elliott. The dude is not the brightest bulb on the tree, but he can play football....

You know what will happen if the Eagles pass on Foster at 14 stine? One of the better playoff teams in the lower first round will take him and instantly be a better ball club that we have to beatin the playoffs. I am hoping that if the Eagles pass on him at 14 that an AFC team selects him but the Redskins are suppose to be interested in him an Cook if they fall to them. Which player would you rather play against two times a year for the next 8 to 10 years. The other concern I have on passing up O.J. Howard at 14 is the fact that the Giants want him if he falls to them. That would make them a very tough opponent on offense to face twice a year with their existing receivers.

OJ Howard does not make it past 10. I would be shocked if both were there at 14. Eagles will pick Foster if both were available I think...

Agreed,OJ is too big a playmaker to ignore to fall that far

I have read that 3 safeties could go in the first 13 picks. The same with DE's. Then you factor in Fournette in the top ten plus two QB's and one of the two WR's and its easy to see how O.J. Howard could fall to the Eagles along with Foster and Cook. Still say that the Eagles will have at least 4 guys fall to them that are worthy of the 14th pick.

You forgot about Davis and Williams lol-so there's 2 more.No Foster for me

Titans could really use Howard,he;s kinda the issing link up(down depending where you are) In Tenn. Good outlet for Mariota

They were another team looking at the safety position as well.

Awful schedule.  No Thursday night or 4:25 games at home.  3/4 games on the road in Sept.  Brutal trip to West Coast.  Two away Sunday night games.  Seriously, NFL?  And who is the genius who said this looks like a fun schedule as a fan?  It's the opposite.  Limited tailgating at the Linc because most games are at 1:00.  Most of us HATE 1:00 games.  Even if you get there at 8:00 am you've got maybe 4 hours.  Oh well.  Gonna get plastered on 10/23 and hit the stadium as soon as it opens, I guess.  Go Birds. 

I did.If you can't handle adversity and run with the big dogs STAY on the PORCH.other teams have worse schedules than we do

2 people like this

31 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  33 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  49 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  3 hours ago, stine said:
  4 hours ago, stine said:

Rueben Foster fails his drug test, so he may be around for the Eagles at 14. Draft him! He is a game changer and will ignite this offense. He will cancel out Elliott. The dude is not the brightest bulb on the tree, but he can play football....

You know what will happen if the Eagles pass on Foster at 14 stine? One of the better playoff teams in the lower first round will take him and instantly be a better ball club that we have to beatin the playoffs. I am hoping that if the Eagles pass on him at 14 that an AFC team selects him but the Redskins are suppose to be interested in him an Cook if they fall to them. Which player would you rather play against two times a year for the next 8 to 10 years. The other concern I have on passing up O.J. Howard at 14 is the fact that the Giants want him if he falls to them. That would make them a very tough opponent on offense to face twice a year with their existing receivers.

OJ Howard does not make it past 10. I would be shocked if both were there at 14. Eagles will pick Foster if both were available I think...

I have read that 3 safeties could go in the first 13 picks. The same with DE's. Then you factor in Fournette in the top ten plus two QB's and one of the two WR's and its easy to see how O.J. Howard could fall to the Eagles along with Foster and Cook. Still say that the Eagles will have at least 4 guys fall to them that are worthy of the 14th pick.

Titans could really use Howard,he;s kinda the issing link up(down depending where you are) In Tenn. Good outlet for Mariota

They were another team looking at the safety position as well.

I'm sure all teams are looking at ALL positions,but Howard makes sense for Tenn

I have heard some projections that Davis could fall out of the 1st, don't think he has yet to run his 40. Sounds like hogwash to me, I watched some tape on this guy, definitely a 1st round talent. Seems like the closer we get to the Draft the misinformation, misdirection machine is in full force.

Yeah 2 things we know now.EVERYONE will fall to us at 14 AND NOONE will be there :/

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, trini said:

I have heard some projections that Davis could fall out of the 1st, don't think he has yet to run his 40. Sounds like hogwash to me, I watched some tape on this guy, definitely a 1st round talent. Seems like the closer we get to the Draft the misinformation, misdirection machine is in full force.

Yeah 2 things we know now.EVERYONE will fall to us at 14 AND NOONE will be there :/

Wrang this is like hurricane warnings down here eh??? Happens every time 1) there is nothing to worry about 2)We're all gonna die HAHA

2 people like this

34 minutes ago, trini said:

Funny for most of the offseason many considered Fournette the top guy, now some experts see McCaffery being the first off the board. There will only be 13 players gone before we pick. Howie and Joe did Not take moving up or down as an option. Fournette has been my guy. However , if  Jonathan Allen, Davis, Howard, Foster, Barnett, Latimore are there...aaarrrrgh what do we do? Sooo many choices, This Draft is truly unique with the quality prospects that could be there for us.

Yep, I am not normally a betting man but I think it is a lock that the Eagles will have at least 4 players to choose from worthy of the 14th pick.

Depends who you define as 'worthy" Maybe the FO sees it different lol

32 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  33 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  49 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  3 hours ago, stine said:
  4 hours ago, stine said:

Both WR's should go before 14

Good possibility that Buffalo takes Davis. I think Williams could be on the board at 14.

Or Williams,then you have to see what AZ does,they need a FITZ replacement.Bucs off the board as far as WR goes acquiring DeSean,but they want Cook bad and could move up to 12

If Williams is there at 14 do we still go Offense if Riddick, Barnett or  King or a top safety are around ? Howie and Joe said that the B.P.A .model has tiers  @1wrangler what tier would Williams fit we need a WR, but not as much as a starting CB is A pass rusher more important than CB? so many complications hahaha.... I plan to be in Philly Y'all know how our Fanatics act it could get ugly hahaha.

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  45 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  46 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:
  3 hours ago, stine said:
  4 hours ago, stine said:

Good possibility that Buffalo takes Davis. I think Williams could be on the board at 14.

Or Williams,then you have to see what AZ does,they need a FITZ replacement.Bucs off the board as far as WR goes acquiring DeSean,but they want Cook bad and could move up to 12

Gotta put NO in that mix also losing Cooks

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  31 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  45 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  46 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  3 hours ago, stine said:
  4 hours ago, stine said:

Gotta put NO in that mix also losing Cooks

Skinnies lost DeSean AND Garcon,so there's another one

39 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  44 minutes ago, trini said:

Funny for most of the offseason many considered Fournette the top guy, now some experts see McCaffery being the first off the board. There will only be 13 players gone before we pick. Howie and Joe did Not take moving up or down as an option. Fournette has been my guy. However , if  Jonathan Allen, Davis, Howard, Foster, Barnett, Latimore are there...aaarrrrgh what do we do? Sooo many choices, This Draft is truly unique with the quality prospects that could be there for us.

Yep, I am not normally a betting man but I think it is a lock that the Eagles will have at least 4 players to choose from worthy of the 14th pick.

I have 8 picks I feel are worthy of the 14th pick but no CB's. I would rather trade back in the draft for some more picks if they are going in that direction. If the Eagles can get another second round pick by moving back they have a good shot at Wilson and Jones with a first and second plus they would have another second to use as they wish. Actually if a trade with the Texans is a possibility, they would have to throw in another 4th round pick with the second rounder for the points to equal out.

2 people like this

Wait a minute here ... did I just read correctly quoting Zach Ertz that the Eagles led the league in time of possession last year? The combo of doing that and moving to a 4-3 on defense and yet still only 7 wins? How does that happen? All the geniuses on here who complained about time of possession and hte 3-4 for years and now you tell them that it wasn't the magical answers? On top of that Ertz mentions "red zone" issues? Are you telling me that getting a target to be effective in the red zone matters... and not the speed guy? This is crazy stuff!

If Williams is there at 14 do we still go Offense if Riddick, Barnett or  King or a top safety are around ? Howie and Joe said that the B.P.A .model has tiers  @1wrangler what tier would Williams fit we need a WR, but not as much as a starting CB is A pass rusher more important than CB? so many complications hahaha.... I plan to be in Philly Y'all know how our Fanatics act it could get ugly hahaha.

This all depends trini. If my job is on the line regarding which player I pick at 14 then I take BPA. We already know that the success rate for drafting a CB in the first round is 25 percent. The success rate for drafting a WR in the first round is 30 percent. These figures are from 1999 until now. So if Joe Douglas, Howie Roseman, and Doug Pederson's butts are on the line regarding the 14th pick then I believe they should draft the BPA at 14. I find it hard to believe that a CB or WR is one of those picks at 14.

If we were to open with Foster Mixon would people be happy with that or pissed we hadn't taken a DB yet?

Wait a minute here ... did I just read correctly quoting Zach Ertz that the Eagles led the league in time of possession last year? The combo of doing that and moving to a 4-3 on defense and yet still only 7 wins? How does that happen? All the geniuses on here who complained about time of possession and hte 3-4 for years and now you tell them that it wasn't the magical answers? On top of that Ertz mentions "red zone" issues? Are you telling me that getting a target to be effective in the red zone matters... and not the speed guy? This is crazy stuff!

What are you talking about? You were among the complainers when Chip Kelly was last in TOP and our defense was stuck out there all game! Who wouldn't complain about that? I do not recall hearing too many complain about the 3-4 defense as much as some preferred a 4-3 look. I still feel the 4-3 will do much better this year if they can find a body that can cover someone. Of course, we also need to replace the Departure of Barwin. But 3-4 or 4-3 means little if you do not have the players for that scheme... We all know that...

2 people like this

WR at 14 not a wise move for us unless they really were BPA and a real game changer, which personally I don't think Williams is. Come 14 there will be a player at a position of need we'll have ranked higher than Williams. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

3 people like this

Yeah Joe, Ertz was part of the problem in the red zone. It will be interesting to see if he can ever be part of the solution going forward. LOL

MJK, we have all talked about this pick for about 2 months now. I am fairly certain, if you could get a list o names I mentioned, you would come up with at least 12 people for the Eagles at 14! Pretty sure others have close to 10 themselves lol... Just the nature of the beast. We all like to discuss all possibilities, hoping one sticks. But as we have all learned, HR does what none of us expect! I have already gone on Record that this one time, he do something everyone expects. Grab a BPA that also happens to be a Position of need. Edge, CB, RB, WR or LB. Anyone of those would probably be OK. Reality is we need allot of players so we should get one we need. I keep rooting for teams to grab QB's so Wranglers prediction comes true...

3 people like this

42 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  1 hour ago, trini said:

I have 8 picks I feel are worthy of the 14th pick but no CB's. I would rather trade back in the draft for some more picks if they are going in that direction. If the Eagles can get another second round pick by moving back they have a good shot at Wilson and Jones with a first and second plus they would have another second to use as they wish. Actually if a trade with the Texans is a possibility, they would have to throw in another 4th round pick with the second rounder for the points to equal out.

Just because you have no CB's "worthy" I bet THEY do lol

2 people like this

They'll have an entire camp and pre-season to gel this yr. Except for RB not worried about the O at all.

1 person likes this

TOP is great if you can SCORE.Moving the ball between the 20;s and coming up empty doesn't work

Stine... not me my man ... I've said all along that time of possession is an effect, not a cause. Meaning the problem was not being able to get10 yards on 3 plays... not the speed of which the plays are run. People were obsessed with time of possession on here.
And my take on the 3-4 vs the 4-3. WE had a good DL with Cox, Logan and Thorton. People want the 4-3 so badly because its better for Graham and Curry. Well, here we are ... lets see if catering to those 2 guys is worth it! BTW, now its much easier to teams to double Cox being that the center isn't occupied by the NT. The problem we had with Billy Davis running the 3-4 was the same issue we are going to have with Schwartz and the 4-3. No imagination when it comes to blitzing. Without 2 stud edge rushers we are in trouble on passing downs. Difference is our run defense will suffer because we are smaller up front now. You can take one positive from this ... Schwartz won't blitz, yet he has had some statistical success in the NFL as a DC. So I believe the organization will understand more clearer that the real problem is not having the studs on the DL. Hopefully that gets fixed or no shot at superbowl as long as Schwartz is the DC.

Kiper said he thought there were 7 CB's worthy of Round 1 and possibly the first part of round 2. Who knows what we have ranked where.... I love the idea of moving back 4-6 spots to pick up a 2nd rounder, but you need to have trade partners and I am not so sure they are out there this year....

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, trini said:

This all depends trini. If my job is on the line regarding which player I pick at 14 then I take BPA. We already know that the success rate for drafting a CB in the first round is 25 percent. The success rate for drafting a WR in the first round is 30 percent. These figures are from 1999 until now. So if Joe Douglas, Howie Roseman, and Doug Pederson's butts are on the line regarding the 14th pick then I believe they should draft the BPA at 14. I find it hard to believe that a CB or WR is one of those picks at 14.

AH,so we DONT take a CB or a DE and wait till the top prospects have gone off the board? Another year of "well lets take this guy and HOPE he works out.haven't we done that with secondary for too long??? GET 2 TOP ones and another late.If we continue to allow team to come back on us because we have no secondary,ALL the O work in the offeason is WASTED

1 person likes this

It all needs to work together tho. The best pass rush in the league can't get there fast enough if receivers are getting open quickly. The best corners in the league can't cover indefinitely. We all know the weak areas.

1 person likes this