Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] A Letter To CB Jones Starts A Friendship

11 posts in this topic

The way Anthony Patch vividly remembers it, Sidney Jones was on the last drill of a March 11 Pro Day workout at the University of Washington that was, Patch says now, "such a good workout” and eve...

View the full article

(Also ruptured my Achilles Tendon while playing competitively.) One CAN come back all the way, but it can't be rushed. That leg of mime is actually stronger now; no recurrence; no problem ever with other leg. The Eagles took a wise risk.

2 people like this

6 hours ago, Eaglesoldtimer said:

(Also ruptured my Achilles Tendon while playing competitively.) One CAN come back all the way, but it can't be rushed. That leg of mime is actually stronger now; no recurrence; no problem ever with other leg. The Eagles took a wise risk.

Sorry that you had suffered the injury when you competed in your sport. But glad you have had a full recovery and have had no after effects. I agree they took a wise risk. Just listening to the kid in this phone conversation, you get the impression right off that he's a good kid, smart, and a hard worker who wants to be a success at the next level .

I doubt they would have taken the risk had a lot of the intangibles not been a part of the decision...such as the work ethic, humility, determination to succeed at each level of the sport. Along with a positive outlook medical report from the Dr. who performed the surgery.

Looking forward to seeing this kid play once he is fully healthy and cleared to do so. In the mean time the mental part of the game will be what he focus's on and will benefit him once he is ready to get on the field.

3 people like this

I think it was less of a risk than most fans think. the eagle's doctors are top notch, if they didn't think he would make a full recovery, he doesn't go to them there. Round one talent in round 2, just have to wait for him to get healthy.

3 people like this

Seems like most of the so called expert analyst are grading our draft based on Jone's full recovery. Bleacher report gave us a C- . Not surprised ! They seem to have very little respect for the Eagles organization for some reason.

2 people like this

Seems like most of the so called expert analyst are grading our draft based on Jone's full recovery. Bleacher report gave us a C- . Not surprised ! They seem to have very little respect for the Eagles organization for some reason.

I know you realize this too, but ratings mean nothing. We're soon to be the conference's, and possibly the league's, dominant team. FEF !

2 people like this

On 4/30/2017 at 8:08 AM, Eaglesoldtimer said:

Sorry that you had suffered the injury when you competed in your sport. But glad you have had a full recovery and have had no after effects. I agree they took a wise risk. Just listening to the kid in this phone conversation, you get the impression right off that he's a good kid, smart, and a hard worker who wants to be a success at the next level .

I doubt they would have taken the risk had a lot of the intangibles not been a part of the decision...such as the work ethic, humility, determination to succeed at each level of the sport. Along with a positive outlook medical report from the Dr. who performed the surgery.

Looking forward to seeing this kid play once he is fully healthy and cleared to do so. In the mean time the mental part of the game will be what he focus's on and will benefit him once he is ready to get on the field.

You can't hit a HR without swinging for it once in a while.

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, johnreaves said:

I know you realize this too, but ratings mean nothing. We're soon to be the conference's, and possibly the league's, dominant team. FEF !

I do, and I really don't care how people  rate our draft. It's just that they seem to be basing our entire draft on just one player (who isn't able to play from the very start.) In doing so they are under evaluating the rest of the guys we drafted .Who are very talented and  have had great college careers. 

1 person likes this

I really like what Howie and Joe have done with this draft... Our first two kids, Barnett and Jones were rated as top prospects. No doubt, without Jones injury, Nooooo way we get both those kids in our building. That's a win if Jones comes all the way back.

Ross was one of my Top wants , would have been very happy with Cory Davis, Big and fast... Gibson and Hollins, were never on my radar, they were certainly not as well regarded but both Gibson and Hollins in the 4th and 5th seem to offer similar promise. to Ross and Davis along with excellent production...Hell Gibson may be second only to Ross as far as playing speed .

I like how we are viewing our Drafted players ... Gerry a physical safety that will be converted to a LB for us... sort of what we did with Hart making him a OLineman... Loving that thinking out the box mentality... Love the aggressiveness, playing with an edge mentality...Attack, Attack...loving it.

I would have been ready to give up the farm, if Fournette was available for a reasonable cost at 8 or 9... I would have moved up to get him. Strangely I probably never would have considered Pumphery an option...Such a small man from Marshall Faulk alma Marta... Hall of famer, Faulk had his records broken by this kid... WOW. like Barnett who broke Reggie records... I can't argue with Pumphery's production, had over 1100 carries... over 6000 plus yards with over 2000 yards last season, talk about tough, really loving this different valuation process.

Then we bring in this Hollis Thomas clone adding Qualls, All must prove themselves on the field of play. The only difference with our picks compared to other highly touted recruits. Those players were NOT selected using a valuation process we have used for years, that has brought little success... I desired some of those Big Name, Big School, Top Conference players used by the Experts. Honest Douglas may have given us aNew Formula to win in the Draft.

This Joe Douglas Draft brought us players based on Production... all... are aggressive, physical, competitive , clean and committed to football. We got the Speed, Size, Physicality that I hoped for. On BOTH sides of the ball. and on Special Teams. Not done yet, UDFA's has some promise...Still to early for a realistic field grade...my Paper grade is an A...time and these kids production on the field will complete the test. Nice Job F/O, Coaches... 🦅 Baby.

I really like what Howie and Joe have done with this draft... Our first two kids, Barnett and Jones were rated as top prospects. No doubt, without Jones injury, Nooooo way we get both those kids in our building. That's a win if Jones comes all the way back.

Ross was one of my Top wants , would have been very happy with Cory Davis, Big and fast... Gibson and Hollins, were never on my radar, they were certainly not as well regarded but both Gibson and Hollins in the 4th and 5th seem to offer similar promise. to Ross and Davis along with excellent production...Hell Gibson may be second only to Ross as far as playing speed .

I like how we are viewing our Drafted players ... Gerry a physical safety that will be converted to a LB for us... sort of what we did with Hart making him a OLineman... Loving that thinking out the box mentality... Love the aggressiveness, playing with an edge mentality...Attack, Attack...loving it.

I would have been ready to give up the farm, if Fournette was available for a reasonable cost at 8 or 9... I would have moved up to get him. Strangely I probably never would have considered Pumphery an option...Such a small man from Marshall Faulk alma Marta... Hall of famer, Faulk had his records broken by this kid... WOW. like Barnett who broke Reggie records... I can't argue with Pumphery's production, had over 1100 carries... over 6000 plus yards with over 2000 yards last season, talk about tough, really loving this different valuation process.

Then we bring in this Hollis Thomas clone adding Qualls, All must prove themselves on the field of play. The only difference with our picks compared to other highly touted recruits. Those players were NOT selected using a valuation process we have used for years, that has brought little success... I desired some of those Big Name, Big School, Top Conference players used by the Experts. Honest Douglas may have given us aNew Formula to win in the Draft.

This Joe Douglas Draft brought us players based on Production... all... are aggressive, physical, competitive , clean and committed to football. We got the Speed, Size, Physicality that I hoped for. On BOTH sides of the ball. and on Special Teams. Not done yet, UDFA's has some promise...Still to early for a realistic field grade...my Paper grade is an A...time and these kids production on the field will complete the test. Nice Job F/O, Coaches... 🦅 Baby.

Well said. I like that the Eagles are not running with the herd mindset when evaluating players. Fans nned to be patient. We'll beat some teams this year who beat us last season, and maybe make the playoffs. But we're not playing in the Superbowl next January. That's farther down the road.
Hell--I'm even starting to like Howie!

I wonder if Jason Peters has had a chat with Sidney Jones about that Achilles injury. If Peters proved anything, it's that a player can come back strong.