Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SBorBust

Trubisky Booed at Bulls Game

31 posts in this topic

Once upon a time, a raw #2 draft pick was booed by 30 people as part of a radio stunt. His name was not Ricky Williams, so the 30 were instructed to boo. The national media ran with this story and changed some facts in order to advance several preconceived narratives.

100's of booed draft pick later, let's fast forward to Sunday night:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/mitchell-trubisky-booed-bulls-celtics-nba-playoffs-bears-nfl-draft-reaction/d7ibqpn6uif11kenw9fg4362p

Will the Bears/Bulls fans be vilified until the end of time for this spontaneous decision? Will Trubisky paint himself as a martyr for the next 20 years?

I guess time will tell...

You've got to feel sorry for these kids really.

I mean I don't rate Trubisky and I don't know if he's a nice kid or not... 

But it's not his fault that the Bears were so desperate for a QB that they gave up way too much to move up just one spot to get him. It's not his fault that the FO in Chicago decided that was the right move for them. He didn't ask for all of that attention it just comes with the territory of being a NFL player and especially a young QB who's taken second overall. 

Mind you... He's about to be paid millions as an unproven rookie with just 13 college starts so maybe I shouldn't feel too sorry for him. 

1 person likes this

unpossible only eagles fans do this

1 person likes this

It depends. How long does Trubisky last in Chicago? McNabb ended up playing 10 seasons in Philly that were mostly successful... So with all the exposure we got to hear about the draft a lot. Does Trubisky's career follow the same arc?

Everyone take note. Until some other team boos Santa or throws battery-filled snowballs at the Cowboys (I'm baffled that this hasn't happened again somewhere) this will be the only ammo we have to fire back when we hear the McNabb criticism.

And we didn't trade for that pick either. So they're worse.

26 minutes ago, voodoochile75 said:

Until some other team boos Santa or throws battery-filled snowballs at the Cowboys (I'm baffled that this hasn't happened again somewhere)

I remember when Giants fans threw snowballs at the opposing bench. One of the coaches was knocked unconscious and the game had to be halted.

Probably an ice ball, but it could have been a battery inside the snowball. ;)

that whole situation is hilarious. Trade two 3 rounders and a 4th to move up one spot to get mitch fing trubisky with his 8-5 college record in the oh so scary ACC. The gag is trubisky would have been sitting there at 3 or else san fran wouldnt have accepted the deal :facepalm: They actually could have possibly traded down to 9 and trubisky would have still been there because no team after them needed a qb (outside of maybe the jets who are probably terrified of drafting qbs at this point). Thats not even the worst part though. They just gave Glennon 45M for 3 years with 19 guaranteed:nonono: so now what? Pay $15 million to your backup quarterback, or sit a quarterback you just forfeited a No. 3 overall pick and three other good draft choices for?

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, Br3 said:

that whole situation is hilarious. Trade two 3 rounders and a 4th to move up one spot to get mitch fing trubisky with his 8-5 college record in the oh so scary ACC. The gag is trubisky would have been sitting there at 3 or else san fran wouldnt have accepted the deal :facepalm: They actually could have possibly traded down to 9 and trubisky would have still been there because no team after them needed a qb (outside of maybe the jets who are probably terrified of drafting qbs at this point). Thats not even the worst part though. They just gave Glennon 45M for 3 years with 19 guaranteed:nonono: so now what? Pay $15 million to your backup quarterback, or sit a quarterback you just forfeited a No. 3 overall pick and three other good draft choices for? LOL 

49ers tricked them into believing they were strongly considering taking him with that pick.

43 minutes ago, kmass88 said:

49ers tricked them into believing they were strongly considering taking him with that pick.

glennon was insurance incase trubisky wasnt there at 3, no? trubisky is the second coming of christian ponder or blaine gabbert 3.0

1 person likes this

It amazes me how teams give lucrative contracts to QBs that are marginal, at best. Glennon has played in all of 21 games - not even a season and a half of starts.

I guess his eye-popping 91% completion rate* from 2016 puts him over the top.

* on a whopping 11 attempts

1 person likes this

Still doesn't make sense that you would even sign Glennon to begin with and give him over $18 million guaranteed.

If that's the case, why not keep Cutler for one more year?

3 hours ago, kmass88 said:

That or another team was believed to also wanting him and trading up.  Which given the 3 trade ups for QBs doesn't sound that unbelievable.

But the Chicago FO is dumb.  Trubisky isn't good enough and they should of called the 49ers on their bluff.  Bears suck so bad and will be in a position to draft a QB high in the draft again next season, who will be better than him.

Him getting booed at a Bulls game has to suck and shake the confidence.  Or grow it, who knows.  At least he'll have time to ride the pine and learn the ins and outs of the NFL

^That was the story I heard. The Bears believed another team was bidding to move up.

But yeah, y'all drunks need to stop booing these kids just because the teams make dumb decisions. It's not like the kid could have said "Nah, I'm good, I'll wait until you're up tomorrow night."

Yeah the story is and really the only thing that makes sense is another team (Cleaveland?) Was trying to move up to 2 and the 49ers gave the Bears the chance to swap so they only had to move back 1 spot.

And really don't boo the kid.  He's yours now.  You have to hope he's good or that move is even stupider.  

9 hours ago, toolg said:

I remember when Giants fans threw snowballs at the opposing bench. One of the coaches was knocked unconscious and the game had to be halted.

054_giants_fan-300x300.jpg.d9ce98f76701adf8a8f02744f23cb1f8.jpg

23 hours ago, toolg said:

I remember that. An iceball thrown against a San Diego coach in 1995. 

On 2017-5-1 at 5:50 PM, kmass88 said:

I'm not so sure this is true... I mean the teams may want to do business again in the future and this won't help relations if this is true?! Though I hope it is true because it's great. 

As for Trubisky... You've got to feel a little bit sorry for him. I mean he's set up to fail here. For a start Chicago gave up way too much to get a player that would have been there at 3. He's also not a first round talent and probably doesn't ever go on to fulfill his first round number 2 overall pick status. And even if he was a good player... He's got literally nobody to throw the ball to. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

As for Trubisky... You've got to feel a little bit sorry for him. I mean he's set up to fail here. For a start Chicago gave up way too much to get a player that would have been there at 3. He's also not a first round talent and probably doesn't ever go on to fulfill his first round number 2 overall pick status. And even if he was a good player... He's got literally nobody to throw the ball to. 

Trubisky is blake bortles 2.0 or a poor mans matthew stafford at best. Ive been studying hours of tape:lol: I just dont see it. Going to be very interesting watching him

6 hours ago, Br3 said:

Trubisky is blake bortles 2.0 or a poor mans matthew stafford at best. Ive been studying hours of tape:lol: I just dont see it. Going to be very interesting watching him

I'm not even sure he's that good though? From what I've seen and read in none of his 13 college games did he look the best player on the field! And yet he's gone number 2 overall. 

On 5/5/2017 at 1:35 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not even sure he's that good though? From what I've seen and read in none of his 13 college games did he look the best player on the field! And yet he's gone number 2 overall. 

Thank God we took Wentz last year. This year's class is abysmal.

1 person likes this

On 5/1/2017 at 9:08 AM, toolg said:

It depends. How long does Trubisky last in Chicago? McNabb ended up playing 10 seasons in Philly that were mostly successful... So with all the exposure we got to hear about the draft a lot. Does Trubisky's career follow the same arc?

McNabb was a good QB but his time and early 2000's the defense our team had was good but McNabb also didn't much to work in the Wide Receiver and Tight end department either....

Truibsky. OT ain't great, the WR/TE are bad also,  defense is ish, good LBs but DEs and DBs are bad in Chicago, he's going to have a hard time there which could stunt his growth as a QB

On 5/1/2017 at 7:41 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

054_giants_fan-300x300.jpg.d9ce98f76701adf8a8f02744f23cb1f8.jpg

Looks like Vince Vaughn