Don Corleone

Cincinnati TV station urges boycott of Bengals

36 posts in this topic

Quote

Well, maybe the decision to draft running back Joe Mixon won’t go over as smoothly for the Bengals as believed. Local TV station WCPO, an ABC affiliate, wants fans to skip the team’s home games in 2017.

"We are urging every Bengals fan to take drastic action,” an online editorial explains. "Instead of buying a Bengals ticket this year, take the $50 or more you would have spent on that ticket and donate the money to a nonprofit that works to prevent violence against women. . . . Enough is enough, Bengals. We can excuse another season without winning a playoff game. We can’t excuse drafting a player like Joe Mixon.”

It’s a fair position for WCPO to take, but where was the outcry when it was clear that the Bengals were interested in Mixon? It would have made more sense to organize a clear, unmistakable warning than to react after the pick has been made. (And if there was such an effort, few beyond Cincinnati noticed.)

Moreover, there’s still no reason to think that a significant number of fans will vote with their wallets or their eyeballs. Even if public opinion shifts sharply against the team, winning will change everything. Or at least that’s what the Bengals hope will happen.

In the interim, the question becomes whether fans will rally behind the effort to send a message to Mike Brown through his bank account. Ultimately, that’s really the only way to reach him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/01/cincinnati-tv-station-urges-boycott-of-bengals/

And so it begins...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAHAHAHA... All he has to do is win and this is a non issue. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all in. I will boycott and not attend any Bengals games.

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their tickets are only $50?  

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mikemack8 said:

Their tickets are only $50?  

They're the Bengals...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol: Fair enough

Still - until you buy a ticket, pay for parking, get beers/food at the game - best figure on dropping about 3 times that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phillyfito68 said:

HAHAHAHA... All he has to do is win and this is a non issue. 

Yep. The second he breaks off a 50 yard TD run, people in Cincy won't care. I bet the average fan doesn't give a crap right now as it is.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure the organization were expecting this! They had to be prepared for some kind of back lash to their decision to draft Mixon as I'm sure any team considering drafting him was. This will blow over in time I'm sure of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Yep. The second he breaks off a 50 yard TD run, people in Cincy won't care. I bet the average fan doesn't give a crap right now as it is.

The average fan saw that video and the average fan is pushing the feminist agenda of dont put your hands on anyone and no one will hit you. Plus, Most boys raised by single mothers dont know the "never hit a woman" lesson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bengals had the  most criminals on their roster for several years a While back so I can kind of see how the fans would be tired of low character people on their roster making millions.  I'm in on the boycott too. What the heck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good I hope the Bengals lose a ton of money for drafting that POS, same with Jacksonville with drafting Dede Westbrook and Cleveland with Caleb Brantley, Dallas with Jourdan Lewis ... Fing scumbags , you never hit a woman ever, there's ways to defuse a situation without hitting her

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ray rice basically got banned from the league for jacking a woman up but...... Since Joe mixon is a young rising star people can look past it. Let's not forget there was a decent amount of eagles fans on here wanting him as well. Guess some people can look past anything if it fits what they want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Ray rice basically got banned from the league for jacking a woman up but...... Since Joe mixon is a young rising star people can look past it. Let's not forget there was a decent amount of eagles fans on here wanting him as well. Guess some people can look past anything if it fits what they want. 

I called them stupid assess also. 

I don't care if mixon was 18 or not , he knocked her out , I didn't want Mixon anywhere near Philly green glad Howie and Joe passed on him,  dude is a piece of crap and talent shouldn't outway what these guys have done... 

Westbrook hit his Pregnant GF, like WTF it's bad enough you hit a girl but to hit one carrying your child is 10000000x  worse,  these Younger kids parents should've taught boys better.  

And the NFL Needs to have a ZERO Tolerence for this kind of  behavior regardless if it was done in H.S, College or in the pros..  Making Millions needs to be a privilege not a right.  

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RealBallHawk20 said:

I called them stupid assess also. 

I don't care if mixon was 18 or not , he knocked her out , I didn't want Mixon anywhere near Philly green glad Howie and Joe passed on him,  dude is a piece of crap and talent shouldn't outway what these guys have done... 

Westbrook hit his Pregnant GF, like WTF it's bad enough you hit a girl but to hit one carrying your child is 10000000x  worse,  these Younger kids parents should've taught boys better.  

And the NFL Needs to have a ZERO Tolerence for this kind of  behavior regardless if it was done in H.S, College or in the pros..  Making Millions needs to be a privilege not a right.  

I know it is ridiculous, the NFL was supposedly taking a stand against this but, I guess only if they did it while in the NFL. If it was in college it's not their problem yet.......

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Their tickets are only $50?  

They charge $50 to watch the bengals?! Geezus, here I am thinking Eagles tix are over priced 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Ray rice basically got banned from the league for jacking a woman up but...... Since Joe mixon is a young rising star people can look past it. Let's not forget there was a decent amount of eagles fans on here wanting him as well. Guess some people can look past anything if it fits what they want. 

Those who did I think were really hoping if so, it would be with no higher than a 3rd rounder. 

What Mixon did was wrong without question and he has already paid a heavy price and will continue to do so.  The backlash had to be expected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Those who did I think were really hoping if so, it would be with no higher than a 3rd rounder. 

What Mixon did was wrong without question and he has already paid a heavy price and will continue to do so.  The backlash had to be expected. 

Mixon hasn't paid no price, his punkass gets to make Millions , NFL doesn't care about the abuse towards woman cause if they did it would be a AUTOMATIC Ban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RealBallHawk20 said:

Mixon hasn't paid no price, his punkass gets to make Millions , NFL doesn't care about the abuse towards woman cause if they did it would be a AUTOMATIC Ban

He did pay a price......from the college and from a settlement outside of civil court.  So get your facts straight.  Just because you don't like the price, doesn't mean he didn't pay one.  

I think what he did was disgusting.  As the father of 4 daughters, the thought of anybody doing something like that to them would make me want to kill the guy.  However, violence against women is not as appalling to the courts as one would think.  With women demanding more and more equal treatment as men, the less an incident like this will impact a guy legally, especially since she was the "aggressor" and became physical first.  

How would you feel if he did this to a smaller guy? Would you be as appalled?  Would you demand that he never play ball again?  I'm curious, because of what I mentioned above.  The left loves to sensationalize social issues but not so much when the victim isn't a member of one of their "protected groups".

And don't let the NFLs talk about this make you believe they're serious about it.......that's all PR for the most part.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

He did pay a price......from the college and from a settlement outside of civil court.  So get your facts straight.  Just because you don't like the price, doesn't mean he didn't pay one.  

I think what he did was disgusting.  As the father of 4 daughters, the thought of anybody doing something like that to them would make me want to kill the guy.  However, violence against women is not as appalling to the courts as one would think.  With women demanding more and more equal treatment as men, the less an incident like this will impact a guy legally, especially since she was the "aggressor" and became physical first.  

How would you feel if he did this to a smaller guy? Would you be as appalled?  Would you demand that he never play ball again?  I'm curious, because of what I mentioned above.  The left loves to sensationalize social issues but not so much when the victim isn't a member of one of their "protected groups".

And don't let the NFLs talk about this make you believe they're serious about it.......that's all PR for the most part.

If he was to hit a man no because he wouldn't have a 150 plus pounds on a man and secondly you never hit a female don't matter, unless his life was at threat then maybe it would be ok but even then it would depend on what kinda a threat .  Mixon had zero reason to hit her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Br3 said:

They charge $50 to watch the bengals?! Geezus, here I am thinking Eagles tix are over priced 

Let's all remember - the Bengals laid the wood to us last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:12 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm all in. I will boycott and not attend any Bengals games.

That is like soooooooo  you,  man!

I agree and I won't go to any either!  <g>

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, McNabbIsGone said:

That is like soooooooo  you,  man!

I agree and I won't go to any either!  <g>

Of course, now the Eagles will play the Bengals in the Super Bowl and I'll win a contest for tickets. But since I'm boycotting the Bengals, I won't be able to attend... how much do Super Bowl tickets scalp for? $5000 each?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, mikemack8 said:

Their tickets are only $50?  

Hard to believe . . . the last time I didn't pay over $50 for an Eagles ticket was Dec. '89.

It was the Rams at Philly Wildcard game and it was $45. Go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Of course, now the Eagles will play the Bengals in the Super Bowl and I'll win a contest for tickets. But since I'm boycotting the Bengals, I won't be able to attend... how much do Super Bowl tickets scalp for? $5000 each?

Wouldn't your attendance be based upon who the home team is?

If the Eags are the home team then no harm no foul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now