Don Corleone

Cincinnati TV station urges boycott of Bengals

36 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Wouldn't your attendance be based upon who the home team is?

If the Eags are the home team then no harm no foul.

The problem is, I said "I'm all in". Only boycotting their home games would be "Half in"...

44 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Hard to believe . . . the last time I didn't pay over $50 for an Eagles ticket was Dec. '89.

It was the Rams at Philly Wildcard game and it was $45. Go figure.

My first game was actually 99 and I believe they were 55? It was so long ago I forget

44 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

16 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

He did pay a price......from the college and from a settlement outside of civil court.  So get your facts straight.  Just because you don't like the price, doesn't mean he didn't pay one.  

I think what he did was disgusting.  As the father of 4 daughters, the thought of anybody doing something like that to them would make me want to kill the guy.  However, violence against women is not as appalling to the courts as one would think.  With women demanding more and more equal treatment as men, the less an incident like this will impact a guy legally, especially since she was the "aggressor" and became physical first.  

How would you feel if he did this to a smaller guy? Would you be as appalled?  Would you demand that he never play ball again?  I'm curious, because of what I mentioned above.  The left loves to sensationalize social issues but not so much when the victim isn't a member of one of their "protected groups".

And don't let the NFLs talk about this make you believe they're serious about it.......that's all PR for the most part.

Exactly.  He did pay a steep price and he will have to live with what he did for the rest of his life, something no amount of money or fame can erase.  It's part of his life forever no matter how much anyone wants to brush it over.

He likely was a first rounder and possibly Top 5 without that incident and he has a clean record, which right there would have been millions more.  He cost himself a ton because of this.  

19 hours ago, RealBallHawk20 said:

If he was to hit a man no because he wouldn't have a 150 plus pounds on a man and secondly you never hit a female don't matter, unless his life was at threat then maybe it would be ok but even then it would depend on what kinda a threat .  Mixon had zero reason to hit her

Well, he did have a reason to hit her, but not a socially acceptable one.  She escalated it and hit first.  Now I agree, he should have pushed her aside or just blocked her.  But your reason for it not being the same as hitting a guy is weak.  How is violence more acceptable by gender?  What if he hit a smaller guy and broke his jaw?  that's ok right, because he started it and mixon was defending himself?   

I don't agree with hitting women.....but in today's world, women are becoming more aggressive like that, thinking that a man won't hit back.  Well, woman are demanding more equal treatment as men and young men today, lacking partental guidance, are more than willing to hit when hit first.  She should have been punished too for attacking him.  Any guy would have been regardless of how much he got hurt.

I've always taught my girls, don't ever hit a guy or hit a guy thinking he won't hit back....ever.....and don't ever dare one.  I told them to get out of the situation once it becomes physically intimidating or physical.  

On 5/2/2017 at 7:36 PM, McNabbIsGone said:

On 5/2/2017 at 7:36 PM, McNabbIsGone said:

Wouldn't your attendance be based upon who the home team is?

If the Eags are the home team then no harm no foul.

The AFC would be the home team in this up coming Super Bowl. 

21 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Well, he did have a reason to hit her, but not a socially acceptable one.  She escalated it and hit first.  Now I agree, he should have pushed her aside or just blocked her.  But your reason for it not being the same as hitting a guy is weak.  How is violence more acceptable by gender?  What if he hit a smaller guy and broke his jaw?  that's ok right, because he started it and mixon was defending himself?   

I don't agree with hitting women.....but in today's world, women are becoming more aggressive like that, thinking that a man won't hit back.  Well, woman are demanding more equal treatment as men and young men today, lacking partental guidance, are more than willing to hit when hit first.  She should have been punished too for attacking him.  Any guy would have been regardless of how much he got hurt.

I've always taught my girls, don't ever hit a guy or hit a guy thinking he won't hit back....ever.....and don't ever dare one.  I told them to get out of the situation once it becomes physically intimidating or physical.  

All good advice . . . and yet more examples of how, on average, violence simply begets more violence.

From the movie 'Terminator 2' : John Connor: "We're not gonna make it, are we? As a species, I mean."

Ahhhnuld:  "It is in your nature to destroy yourselves."

1 hour ago, McNabbIsGone said:

All good advice . . . and yet more examples of how, on average, violence simply begets more violence.

From the movie 'Terminator 2' : John Connor: "We're not gonna make it, are we? As a species, I mean."

Ahhhnuld:  "It is in your nature to destroy yourselves."

In this society, empowering women has also has the negative affect of women being more aggressive toward men.....physically.  And many, and I would say most, boys aren't taught not to hit girls nor are they taught how to handle a situation when girls hit.  They hit back.  But girls aren't taught either that when you get in a guy's face, especially in public or in front of his friends, he gets humiliated and as soon as she gets physical, he's most likely going to hit back.....just as he would with a guy.

And because of the politically correct atmosphere, you can't blame both sides.....

On 2017-5-1 at 11:10 PM, RealBallHawk20 said:

I called them stupid assess also. 

I don't care if mixon was 18 or not , he knocked her out , I didn't want Mixon anywhere near Philly green glad Howie and Joe passed on him,  dude is a piece of crap and talent shouldn't outway what these guys have done... 

Westbrook hit his Pregnant GF, like WTF it's bad enough you hit a girl but to hit one carrying your child is 10000000x  worse,  these Younger kids parents should've taught boys better.  

And the NFL Needs to have a ZERO Tolerence for this kind of  behavior regardless if it was done in H.S, College or in the pros..  Making Millions needs to be a privilege not a right.  

What are your thoughts on Jalen Mills? 

4 minutes ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

What are your thoughts on Jalen Mills? 

What did Mills do

8 hours ago, RealBallHawk20 said:

What did Mills do

He was involved in an assault on a woman, i believe. I don't pay attention anyway so i dont know the details.

10 hours ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

He was involved in an assault on a woman, i believe. I don't pay attention anyway so i dont know the details.

He was never charged and the his lawyers claimed Mills gf was actually the aggressor and punched the girl. Apparently she thought it was Mills and identified him in a lineup? Multiple witnesses confirmed for Mills and they settled out of court, he said he wanted it to go to court to prove his innocence but didn't want it to drag out during football etc. 

Imo sounds much more like he was in the clear than some of the other situations. Obviously no way for us to know if that's what truly happened.