Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Quick Hits: Rookie Camp Ahead

164 posts in this topic

Also let's not forget TWO back to back blown draft #1 picks.As already evidenced,we have improved on that already

1 hour ago, Eaglesoldtimer said:
  1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It's a tricky situation:how you feel about the state of the team. We got better but still are being ranked as 25th in the power rankings. Some fans can be happy that we suck less. That's understandable. I have concerns though. The way I figure it we have a Championship Window that the clock began when we drafted Carson. Four years of his rookie contract and then a fifth year option. So we can talk about moving in the right direction...and such. But I get frustrated because I feel it isn't enough. Just not enough sense of urgency. The formula is completely different after Carson's rookie deal. Then you have 20 mil going to the QB. So to me there is room to complain because the efforts that have been made weren't good enough.

Depressing!....but maybe on point. Don't think your urgency commentary is entirely fair - where exactly should they be focusing more concern? (I think it's a lot on assistant coaches.)

Once again,asking for a SB and not even 2 seasons into this re-tooling is beyond comprehension.yes we have suffered a long time,but you cannot expect miracles in 2 drafts and off seasons.Some "tweaks" in the 2017 off season and '18 draft and we should be very competitive

Since I gave Chip 3 years to show improvement (facepalm) It's only fair that I give Dougie at least as much time. in fact i'll give him 4 since Chip raped the team of talent.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It's a tricky situation:how you feel about the state of the team. We got better but still are being ranked as 25th in the power rankings. Some fans can be happy that we suck less. That's understandable. I have concerns though. The way I figure it we have a Championship Window that the clock began when we drafted Carson. Four years of his rookie contract and then a fifth year option. So we can talk about moving in the right direction...and such. But I get frustrated because I feel it isn't enough. Just not enough sense of urgency. The formula is completely different after Carson's rookie deal. Then you have 20 mil going to the QB. So to me there is room to complain because the efforts that have been made weren't good enough.

Power rankings mean as much as the mock drafts the "experts" put out.
I'll wait to see the product on the field.

You're concerned about the power rankings? Before the season starts? Aren't they composed by the 'experts'? We're not trying to win a debate. As bad as our WRs and QB was last year, no one really stopped our offense outside of that three game stretch against Seattle, GB, and Cincinnati. The defense was pretty good overall, despite an inconsistent pass rush (at best) and terrible CB play on the back end. Everything, except perhaps the CB play right away, should be even much better. We'll win from 9 to 11 games and contend for the division title if Wentz improves at all, which is a good bet to happen.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:
  2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Power rankings mean as much as the mock drafts the "experts" put out.
I'll wait to see the product on the field.

You're concerned about the power rankings? Before the season starts? Aren't they composed by the 'experts'? We're not trying to win a debate. As bad as our WRs and QB was last year, no one really stopped our offense outside of that three game stretch against Seattle, GB, and Cincinnati. The defense was pretty good overall, despite an inconsistent pass rush (at best) and terrible CB play on the back end. Everything, except perhaps the CB play right away, should be even much better. We'll win from 9 to 11 games and contend for the division title if Wentz improves at all, which is a good bet to happen.

Re-read the post. I'm not concerned about power rankings. They're meaningless.

Not advocating moving Kelce, matter of fact I really want him to stay 1 more yr. If they do decide to move him, a possible landing spot;

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/08/saints-center-max-unger-injures-foot-may-not-be-ready-for-season/

Kelce has his faults. Weak against the big DTs coming up the middle for instance. But he calls the Ds as well as anyone and I've never seen a center who can pull and get that edge block like he can.
I guess it just depends on what kind of O you want to run.

Power rankings? Only comparisons that make any sense right now is the state of this team now to when we last played a meaningful game - vs NYG.

52 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Not advocating moving Kelce, matter of fact I really want him to stay 1 more yr. If they do decide to move him, a possible landing spot;

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/08/saints-center-max-unger-injures-foot-may-not-be-ready-for-season/

Kelce has his faults. Weak against the big DTs coming up the middle for instance. But he calls the Ds as well as anyone and I've never seen a center who can pull and get that edge block like he can.
I guess it just depends on what kind of O you want to run.

I have been wondering for a long time just what the issue is with Kelce not getting more forward movement than he does. Folks have been saying it is because he is too light to go against the big tackles. I don't know if I agree with that assessment because the two guys that could be his possible future replacement (Seumalo 6ft 2 in 303 pounds and Wiz 6ft 3in 305) are only 8 pounds and 10 pounds heavier than Kelce at 6ft 3in 295. It is hard for me to believe that 10 more pounds on Kelce's frame would make that much of a difference. Unless Kelce's frame can't handle the additional 10 pounds on it, I would think by this time he would have found out for himself.

1 person likes this

What Kelce gives away in size, he more than makes up for in experience and knowing how to use that thing between his ears. Not just using that intelligence but how quickly! There's no fooling him and the entire O benefits from it.Whwn peeps start blaming him for what are actually shortcomings elsewhere - G's, RB's, WR's, QB, Play calling etc, I'll try to point it out. If they don't want to understand it's their loss not learning about the game. It's also why I'm not sure if Kelce's replacement is on the team right now, at least not an improvement at the position.

The New Orleans Saints are in need of a starting center after Max Unger suffered a foot injury that will likely cause him to miss half the 2017 season.

New Orleans may not have to look far in the NFC, as the Eagles have two starting center candidates to trade in Jason Kelce and Stefen Wisniewski. While the Eagles gave Wisniewski a three-year extension this offseason, Kelce is owed $6.2 million in 2017 and Philadelphia saves $3.8 million in salary cap space by trading him.

So what players should the Eagles potentially target in a potential trade with the Saints? The options are limited, but here are three players the Eagles should consider:

1. Mark Ingram

The Saints no longer have a need for Ingram after signing Adrian Peterson to a two-year deal a few weeks ago and drafting Alvin Kamara in the second-round of the NFL Draft. Ingram is coming off his best season in the NFL at age 27, rushing for 1,043 yards and averaging 5.1 yards per carry while playing all 16 games.

Ingram would be pricy (like Kelce), being owed $5.2 million next season. He has two years left on his deal, which the Eagles could opt to of after 2017. Ingram would be owed $6.245 million for 2018 and the Eagles would save $4.6 million in cap space if they released him prior to the 2018 season.

If the Eagles would acquire Ingram (5-10, 215 pounds), he would be the clear front-runner for the No. 1 running back spot.

2. Delvin Breaux

Hard to imagine the Saints giving up on Breaux, but they did draft Marshon Lattimore in the first-round, significantly upgrading at cornerback. Breaux suffered fibula and shoulder injuries throughout 2016, being limited to six games and compiling just 21 tackles and one pass deflection.

Breaux will be a restricted free agent after 2017 and these's no guarantee he'll start for the Saints with P.J. Williams and Sterling Moore in a cornerback competition with him opposite Lattimore.

Breaux was one of the game's best corners in 2015 (his rookie season) after finishing with a Pro Football Focus grade of 85.2. He started 15 games, had three interceptions and 19 pass deflections, which would made trading for him difficult.

3. If Breaux is unavailable, the Eagles could make a play for Williams, who missed all of 2015 with a hamstring injury and played just two games (both starts) in 2016 before suffering a concussion. Williams may be worth the gamble and could by the Eagles time before Sidney Jones recovers from his Achilles injury.

1 person likes this

What Kelce gives away in size, he more than makes up for in experience and knowing how to use that thing between his ears. Not just using that intelligence but how quickly! There's no fooling him and the entire O benefits from it.Whwn peeps start blaming him for what are actually shortcomings elsewhere - G's, RB's, WR's, QB, Play calling etc, I'll try to point it out. If they don't want to understand it's their loss not learning about the game. It's also why I'm not sure if Kelce's replacement is on the team right now, at least not an improvement at the position.

According to Pro Football Focus, Kelce was graded 27th out of 38 centers at 77.0 last season. Kelce led all centers with eight penalties last season and struggled blocking interior defensive linemen in the run game. His downfield blocking still remains amongst the best in the NFL.

Kelce to the Saints rumors are interesting.....Ingram would fit nicely into our backfield and we have had success with former Saints Jenkins/Sproles.....Ingram also knows very well how to work in a committee 

In the Saints trade rumor.....Here is what I am asking myself are the Eagles going to be better with Kelce at starting C with our stable of RBs or would we be better with Wiz/Seamulo/WVU C as the starter with Ingram......Right now would think Ingram makes the team better ton can change though and honestly still not ready to just give up on Smalls think he can be the lead back in our committee.......Ultimately no need for Eagles FO to rush anything we are in a good position with our depth if an offer comes up that is to good to pass on we will take it  

2 people like this

New thread