NE.Jon

Kaepernick still no job

53 posts in this topic

On 2017-5-10 at 7:18 PM, NE.Jon said:

So do you think regrets not taking a couple million less for one year to have a job with the Broncos ?

Absolutely I think he must! Because there was an opportunity there to be part of a good team that were competing at least to make the play offs. OK they had a disappointing year but still the alternative of staying was always likely to be worse. 

As long as he ends up being our potential opponent rather than our QB, I'm ok with it.

It's not his cause/opinion that I mind so much.  It's the fact that I'm sick & tired of "Mobile QBs" who can't read defenses or work progressions to save their lives.

7 hours ago, RealBallHawk20 said:

Chip Kelly - whatever you want to call his offense

The Run N Shoot (Yourself in the Face)

3 people like this

10 hours ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Same 8 plays every game?

Chip-Kelly-Eagles-released-12-29-15.jpg

So THAT's what the "S8" stood for! :lol: 

3 people like this

On 5/11/2017 at 11:46 AM, NIBGoldenchild said:

He's not a good QB, but he's not terrible. He's also better than the vast majority of backups in this league. Remember, there aren't actually enough good QBs to be starting for 32 teams. He'll get his chance once a team loses a starter to injury, or we get closer to TC. 

. He hasn't figured out that he is a back up yet.

and What team wants a back up QB causing so much NEGATIVE attention.

I like the previous post stating 'who cares'

On 5/11/2017 at 11:46 AM, NIBGoldenchild said:

He's not a good QB, but he's not terrible. He's also better than the vast majority of backups in this league. Remember, there aren't actually enough good QBs to be starting for 32 teams. He'll get his chance once a team loses a starter to injury, or we get closer to TC. 

He sucks. 

On 5/11/2017 at 7:08 PM, Erie said:

He had his success when the read option was all the rage. And the defenses caught up with it.

Read option is still used extensively in nearly every offense in the league. It has it's place, and I don't think it will ever disappear like the wildcat. It's a change of pace play and not the focal point of your offense. A good crutch to help a young QB be effective while he learns. You want someone to develop from mostly read option to pocket passing the way Russell Wilson did. 

7 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Read option is still used extensively in nearly every offense in the league. It has it's place, and I don't think it will ever disappear like the wildcat. It's a change of pace play and not the focal point of your offense. A good crutch to help a young QB be effective while he learns. You want someone to develop from mostly read option to pocket passing the way Russell Wilson did. 

Disagree. Zone reads are still used a little but i dont see any teams accept the panthers running much read option.

8 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Not really, that's why rg3, Kap and cam all struggled. Those teams used those when those guys were rookies then ditched it to get them to be a more traditional QB and they all sucked at it. Does a team use it from time to time in a game? Absolutely but, extensively no

On 5/12/2017 at 6:13 AM, Dawkins 20 said:

I miss the run n shoot.  You'd think it would enjoy a comeback now that you can't kill Wr's over the middle.

Good riddance, never liked him, At least Romo and RG3 have more class...

8 hours ago, Bravens1 said:

Never liked who? Kaepernick? Why does he not have any class? And if he doesn't have a lot of class then there's a hell of a lot of other guys that applies to as well. 

I see Seattle is now touted as a potential destination for him... Think that would be a good move for him actually. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Never liked who? Kaepernick? Why does he not have any class? And if he doesn't have a lot of class then there's a hell of a lot of other guys that applies to as well. 

I see Seattle is now touted as a potential destination for him... Think that would be a good move for him actually. 

Didn't Seattle have Law Enforcement Appreciation Day the day they played the 9ers last year?

Winning.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Bravens1 said:

Romo is a class act. Griffin? Egotistical adulterer who couldn't divorce his wife after she just delivered his child any quicker. Yeah, I like Kaep a lot more than that ****. 

3 people like this

58 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Romo is a class act. Griffin? Egotistical adulterer who couldn't divorce his wife after she just delivered his child any quicker. Yeah, I like Kaep a lot more than that ****. 

While he did say more, spot on

I mean, RG3 said he "proved a lot of people wrong" after the season ended. :roll:

Then he pulled a McNabb and said something to the effect that there was a list of teams he would be interested in playing for in 2017 :rolleyes:

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Never liked who? Kaepernick? Why does he not have any class?

Because he exercised his first amendment right, duh!

9 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Because he exercised his first amendment right, duh!

And if that's true and that's how you feel then there should be a lot of players in this league that you want to see the back of then! 

you know its funny ....  young people today dont even know what the American Anthem is about .... or how/why it was made .  I bet if Krappernick knew he would not of sat 

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:00 AM, paco said:

So THAT's what the "S8" stood for! :lol: 

I was wondering if maybe he had the Audi brand in mind. But I hope he didn't think his offense was luxury. This guy is a nut

1 person likes this

No, but he did think having talented players was just a luxury

2 people like this

On 5/11/2017 at 11:08 PM, RealBallHawk20 said:

Defenses catch up with all the Gimmick Offenses..

Miami's - Wildcat offense

Oilers - Run "N" Shoot offense

Mobile QBs - Read Options

Chip Kelly - whatever you want to call his offense

The Run N Shoot offense was also used in the USFL before the NFL if I remember correctly.  

The Wildcat is still responsible for the greatest one-season turnaround in NFL history, that 2008 Dolphins team was 11-5 (the ONLY time since 2002 the Pats have NOT won the AFC East) a year after they were 1-15 and had they not ran into a badly injured Ravens squad would have been the first 0-16 team in NFL history (one year before the Lions, whom some actually looked at as a playoff team before the 2008 season actually did go 0-16).  

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:13 AM, Dawkins 20 said:

I prefer the "Chuck & Duck" myself. <g>

That was Buddy's name for it.

1 person likes this

Actions have consequences especially when you have a horrible record 

On 5/19/2017 at 7:01 PM, McNabbIsGone said:

I prefer the "Chuck & Duck" myself. <g>

That was Buddy's name for it.

How bout spurriers "fun and gun" where the qbs got not protection and he went through 4 in one season lmao

58 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

How bout spurriers "fun and gun" where the qbs got not protection and he went through 4 in one season lmao

I'd forgotten about that . . . including Spurrier himself.

He was actually a really good guy who, like Chip Kelly, simply couldn't make it in the NFL. He later said, (paraphrase)

"When I came to the NFL I went to the team that offered the most money. I should have gone to the team with the best situation."

Here's a few tidbits of info from his bio:

Spurrier was born in Miami Beach, Florida and grew up in Tennessee, where he was a multi-sport, all-state athlete in high school. He is a graduate of the University of Florida, where he was the Florida Gators' starting quarterback for three seasons. Spurrier won the Heisman Trophy in his senior season of 1966, was a consensus All-American in both 1965 and 1966; and he was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame as a player in 1986. Spurrier was drafted in the first round (third overall) of the 1967 NFL draft by the San Francisco 49ers, and played mainly as a backup quarterback and punter from 1967 to 1975. In 1976, the expansion Tampa Bay Buccaneers traded for Spurrier, and he was the team's starting quarterback for most of their inaugural season.

As a player:

1963–1966 Florida
1967–1975 San Francisco 49ers
1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Position(s) Quarterback, punter, kicker[1]
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1978 Florida (QB/RB)
1979 Georgia Tech (QB)
1980–1982 Duke (OC/QB)
1983–1985 Tampa Bay Bandits
1987–1989 Duke
1990–2001 Florida
2002–2003 Washington Redskins
2005–2015 South Carolina
Head coaching record
Overall 228–89–2 (college)
12–20 (NFL)
35–21 (USFL)
Bowls 11–10
Accomplishments and honors
Championships
1 National (1996)
1 ACC (1989)
6 SEC (1991, 1993–1996, 2000)
8 SEC Eastern Division (1992–1996, 1999–2000, 2010)
Awards
As a coach
ACC Coach of the Year (1988, 1989)
SEC Coach of the Year
(1990, 1991, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2005, 2010)
As a player
First-team All-American (1965, 1966)
Heisman Trophy (1966)
UPI Player of the Year (1966)
Walter Camp Memorial Trophy (1966)
SEC Player of the Year (1966)
Florida–Georgia Hall of Fame
University of Florida Athletic Hall of Fame
Florida Football Ring of Honor

College Football Hall of Fame
Inducted in 1986 (player), 2017 (coach) (proile)

220px-Steve_Spurrier_%281965_Seminole%29