All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. GreenbleedinFL

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

OK so how many targets does WR get per game EACH? And how many touches does a RB get per game? Your logic escapes me.If you have no running game you become 1 dimensional(as we have seen happen before).Therefore I stick to my guns and roster 5 RB's.We have no clue how Howard will play when it's showtime,Sanders has no experience in the pro game,Clement needs to show he's back,but yeah let dress those 3 and HOPE.That'd be great in most years,but if you are planning a SB run,you're gonna need a running game EVERY game,so why risk it??? Gotta have 2 guys who can go in if they need to
  3. GreenbleedinFL

OH we have no 2 back sets? ok gotcha Sad
  4. Yesterday
  5. Sproles can teach Sanders routes and receiving - who better?
  6. BleedingGreen93

I mean I see 4 guys dressing at RB but we have done that since Doug has been coach so don’t see that changing now
  7. BleedingGreen93

I can only see 5 if the plan is to IR a guy or a guy is hampered to start the season the. When player A is healthy we drop the 5th guy
  8. cunninghamtheman

And I only would dress three RB on gameday. Further accentuating the point.
  9. cunninghamtheman

I’m with you. I don’t believe in keeping five. But that what I think actually happens.
  10. cunninghamtheman

The thing is Adams and Scott seem worthy of developing. But you can’t develop much on IR. So they have to be on the roster or practice squad. Then they can practice and progress. Those two on IR really doesn’t do much for us. Both need to learn the blocking assignments. Because that was the problem with Adams. He is a good hard runner. But he couldn’t be relied on for protection. Which tells the defense the playcall essentially. Adams isn’t goodat short yardage either. I don’t think that’s coachable. You either are good at it or not. I’ve never believed it is a size thing. You have to find the crease. Scott needs plenty of field time to grow as well. You just can’t pickup punt returning skills on IR. And I really think he can develop a good all around game. But we’d have to give him the exposure to get there. The thing is I just don’t see Sprolesmaking it through the season and into the postseason. Just don’t think his body will holdup anymore. So it kinda feels like setting up for failure. Where as if we had a young returner and RB developing and getting better all season we’d have what we need at the end ...in the crucial times. Basically I want the guy who will be best down the stretch vs Sproles that will be best week one.
  11. BleedingGreen93

Just don’t see the point in having that many getting Sproles really doesn’t change anything in my eyes...If anything shows we were not confident in the guys we had so why keep 2 extra guys....
  12. cunninghamtheman

I’m thinking 5 and an IR(6th)
  13. downwithdallas

I like the Sproles signing, it gives our offense another dimension that we really didn't have without him here. He is by far one of the best recieving backs to ever play the game. His blocking ability is underrated as well. He truly is a team player though and definitely a can be a mentor to our young backs. Like most of you I think we will stash a guy or 2 on mystery IR, hopefully Adams I really like the kid. We will try to sneak someone on the practice squad as well, though with the talent we have and the fact they have all showed they have potential in actual games they may be poached from us. We could carry 5 backs into the season too, though I'm not sure i see us doing that. So many players i want to keep so few roster spots available.
  14. BleedingGreen93

Again my believe is if we carry 5 guys on the roster means someone is headed to IR shortly after with a mystery injury
  15. BleedingGreen93

Not that concerned with this like Joe mention before likely tender Clement fully expect him to bounce back....Likely Let Howard wall but that still gives us two guys
  16. Miller, Johnson and Ag are the FA WR's
  17. Have to factor in we only have 1 RB signed after this season
  18. cunninghamtheman

You make a strong case here. 7 WR makes much more sense than 5 RB. We actually have plays for four WR on the field at a time. Only one RB is out there at once. Unfortunately with resigning Sproles it feels like 5 RB is inevitable.
  19. BleedingGreen93

With that logic at RB should we also carry 7 WRs???? I mean Alshon was hurt the entire first year he was here missed time in his 2nd season(missed games before he got here also), Djax hasn’t finished a 16 game season since he was traded by us, Hollins must be injury prone as well....Also JJaw is a rookie at one of the harder positions to transition to the NFL
  20. BleedingGreen93

Sure we ha e 3 other RBs lol
  21. Vee

Zeke Set To Hold Out Of Training Camp?

When the Eagles were not true SB contenders, the team did treat the Dallas games as something special. When the eyes are on the (SB) prize, they’re just two divisional games. I don’t believe Doug will coach these two games this season any differently than the others. He’s gonna gunning to win them all, but sweeping Dallas this season will not mean anything if the season ended without a Lombardi. I can understand why Dallas feels differently. It’s different when your team isn’t really in the hunt for more than a playoff win.
  22. Vee

Zeke Set To Hold Out Of Training Camp?

Spoiler alert.... No.
  23. GreenbleedinFL

We all know it's showtime for Sproles,so I would keep as many rostered as possible so they can practice.I also can see with the Sproles addition a trade offer for one down the road. We don't know if it was a fluke or a prelude to being injury prone.On a SB run season you willing to take that chance?
  24. BleedingGreen93

Wow didn’t know Clement was already injury prone lol last year seeing it more as a fluke the. Anything with all the weird handling of injuries we had....Sanders not worried about A. Not the starter anyway plus B. RBs one of the easiest positions for guys to pickup why we see rookie RBs have success so early and not just top guys liken elliott and Barkley either but like Cohen,Kamara,Hunt, Chubb etc. Persoanlly feel 4 is plenty the 5th guy I only see as a possible stash guy(ie most likely meaning he gets placed on IR for the year)
  25. GreenbleedinFL

I'm sure Sanders reps will increase through the season. In the above scenario,should we lose both Sproles and Clement,I'd like to have 2 others to rely on already rostered(pick which 2-Smalls,Adams,Scott).if we're going to make a SB run,we need that position well covered
  26. GreenbleedinFL

I would rather have 5 rostered #6 on IR.We need to see if Clement and Sproles can stay on the field,which is not a given.Sanders still needs to learn the pro ropes
  1. Load more activity