All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Fun site, charts the consensus of 90 mock drafts. At the bottom are links to all of them. Their consensus is Josh Jacobs, which I doubt. Only a week to go!
  3. See Mel & Todd pegged Simmons to us. Didn't know he went to Miss St, same as Cox.
  4. Better question is what do you call a QB who's on the sideline? I really want to extend Wentz, would like to see him prove he can stay healthy first.
  5. ShakeThatMonkey

Seahawks and Wilson agree to mega contract

Or just straight weird
  6. Yesterday
  7. When the owner of the team you play for calls you a franchise QB, you're a franchise QB. Lurie has said on a few occasions that Carson is a franchise QB.
  8. Someone please explain to me when you go from a "Potential" franchise QB to a franchise QB and when Wentz made the hypothetical leap? I mean, do you have to actually win something first whether it be a playoff game or an MVP or at least set a record in some category? Or is a franchise QB crowned a franchise QB because of where he was picked in the draft? My inquiring mind would like to know the answer to that question since everyone is throwing around the kind of salary for Carson that guys like Wilson and Rogers are making.
  9. Those are the numbers for Howie and Jeffery. Schwartz is just the latest Defensive Coordinator to attempt to change those lifetime numbers. LOL
  10. BleedingGreen93

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Even this seems unlikely though
  11. BleedingGreen93

Only possible injury clause I could possibly see that a Wentz might agree to..... Say Howie offers 50m fully guaranteed if Wentz stay upright 16 he gets basically incentive guaranteed money....By the end the 50m he gets no matter what plus the incentive guarantees if he is healthy would equal more then Wilson’s 65m likely a capable of earning 70-80m total in guaranteed money if he stays healthy
  12. Yeah, it's not going to happen. Exactly right, all you do by trying something like this is piss off your franchise QB and he ends up going somewhere else and signs the deal you wouldn't give him.
  13. downwithdallas

You're right that is why I can see him being the 1st GM to put an injury clause in a contract. To protect his team.
  14. What NFL teams do this? The Eagles restructured Jernigan after he hurt is back/neck while away with the team. The Eagles aren't going to do this with Wentz, ridiculous. Teams usually guarantee some portion for injury only.
  15. BleedingGreen93

That is a fine theory but Wentz wouldn’t sign that contract why would he????? Then Eagles options are let him walk(he would get paid in FA and Eagles out a Starting QB)franchise him he still getting paid but only 1 year(what would that be at 25-30m for a 1 year rental) or give him a deal he would actually sign
  16. downwithdallas

You don't read my posts do you I said put in an injury clause that would forgo any further guarantees money making it basically a year to year contract but giving us the ability to cut/trade him anytime if he continues to get hurt at his current rate. You're right there currently isn't an injury clause in the NFL but until a 5-10 years ago there wasn't a drug or PED clause either was there. Or fully guaranteed contracts. He is going to sign for more then Foles got when he finally signs not 1m a year.
  17. So, 19 of the last 25 1st round picks for the Eagles have been lineman, plan accordingly. https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/based-history-look-eagles-draft-lineman-first-again
  18. Yup. Cap next year will likely be $200 million. Eagles have a franchise QB, and there are quite a few teams in the NFL that would jump at the chance if the Eagles said he were available for trade and they'd pay him accordingly.
  19. DC... yet ... the cap is expected to go up ... and go up huge. $30 mil will be even less of a factor. This is what people are missing. And you gotta draft well anyway ... less and less free agents ... the good ones are available. Always gotta draft well. Need a franchise QB... we got one now, its a better bet to see if he can stay healthy than it is to see if you can draft one. Ask Miami, Buffalo, Jets, Tampa, Bengals, Browns, SF, AZ, Tenn, Houston, Jax, etc. I'll take my chances with Wentz over option B, even if he gets hurt half the time. Just better odds.
  20. I myself wanted a 1st round pick for Foles. I wanted other teams to realize that he was a better option to win in 2019 than what they had. I would like the ability to get out of every one of my player's contracts if they get hurt. I want every player to want to sign with my team for a discount. All that is great. Reality is all that matters, and none of that is going to happen. I will say though... I think the out could come in 2021... I'm reading the tea leaves here, and I can easily see an uncapped year in 2021. I can see them not reaching an agreement on the new CBA ... I can see both sides saying, ok lets just play 2021 and we can push negotiations utnil next year. And then... all the dead money everyone was fearing can be dumped for no penalty. In Wentz case... if he hasa career ending injury, then we can let him go .... if he sprains his ankle, breaks a finger, gets a concussion ... etc. That kind of stuff... they aren't letting him go.
  21. Now who is one of, if not the best in the NFL at cap management? Right, this guy
  22. bwestbrook36

Seahawks and Wilson agree to mega contract

Lol just cause Wilson got that much doesn't mean in anyway that Wentz will. Also these contracts look like a lot now and then in 2 or 3 years those contracts look small compared to the next one.
  23. OK... ... lets say we give Wentz $1 mil salary for the rest of his career ... and we don't draft well... what happens? Also... what is your way of protecting yourself? There is no injury outs for players contract...lol. "Well this is what I would do" is not a reality. He's not going to sign a contract like that.... no injury clause.... He's getting paid, A LOT ... and in 2 years like DC said about Fletch.. people will realize its a team friendly deal compared to other players at his position. IDK what else to say ... it is what it is. We don't have to like it, but we cant make up stuff ... just like we wanted a 2nd round pick for Foles... but there was no market, gotta live in reality.
  24. downwithdallas

Remember I was saying tag him and trade him I didn't want Foles
  25. downwithdallas

You only listen to your own comments don't you. I literally said I love him as a player, I wanted him not Foles. Doesn't change the fact he is an injury prone QB that I wouldn't want my team risking the future on by investing in him without protecting themselves. Once we sign his contract if we don't draft well this team will self destruct unless we plan on letting Cox go next year a huge portion of our cap going forward will be Cox and Wentz.
  26. Wentz is going to get paid and people will whine about it like they whined about Fletch's contract.
  27. See... you lose me with this ... EVERY year. IDK... you love Foles... he's gotten hurt every year and pulled out of action ... never played 16 games ... does he have an injury clause. Which QB has an injury clause? It is what it is... we either sign him or you let him walk .. and then go QB chasing again. Those are your two choices. Doesn't matter how touch guy you want to be with contract negotiations ... he's not signing that type of contract ... the NFLPA won't let him either... LOL... well you got hurt in college... so sign this... lol. Yeah... uhhhh that would be a hard no from me Bob.
  1. Load more activity