All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Agreed. Makes a ton of sense. My post the other day to Ham about it depending on who that "somebody" is, has been largely based on what Howie and Joe have said. Another example is they want to add a difference maker and that there's a cut off point in the 1st round to get said difference maker. It leads me to believe there's a very high possibility of them trading up this year. And from what I've been reading, there are a number of teams looking to move back.
  3. The way I see it, Jeffery Lurie, Joe Banner and Howie Roseman are all three the common denominators in the last 25 years of drafting. They took three wide receivers in the first round Mitchell, Maclin and Agholor. Non of them because a number one receiver. I have no problem with them taking a wide receiver if it is not in the first round. I prefer they keep getting their starting wide receivers through free agency. The Super Bowl year was that way so we now have a template to work with.
  4. DawkinsOwnage03

What is Chucky up to?

The only thing he is up to is losing. The guy is fraud.
  5. Sure ... without a freak athletic talent ... it absolutely is harder to judge how a player will acclimate to the NFL at that position. Doesn't seem like we have a top WR or RB this year ... otherwise they would be all hyped up... they are sexier positions than the linemen.
  6. Howie's comments leading up to the 2017 draft are the reason I don't think they take a WR in the 1st round. https://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20170126_Eagles_unlikely_to_draft_receiver_in_first_round.html Hard to imagine his stance on this has changed in 2 years.
  7. Again.... Joe Douglas and Howie did NOT dradt Agholor ... so I can't really comment with an educated opinion on that. If Chip Kelly, Andy Reid, Tom Heckert or whoever else didn't select good WRs in round 1... I really don't think it matters. But we can agree to disagree ... I mean, they did wear the same uniforms so there is that.
  8. zenclaybourne

Ranking all 52 No. 1 picks of the NFL's common-draft era

Everything I have ever seen was that McNabb was his guy with Culpepper as his second choice. What? Baker Mayfield is already more impressive than this guy.
  9. Yeah and now the first round wide receiver they did draft is thought to be on the trading block anyway. DC brought that little tid bit over for the rest of us.
  10. BleedingGreen93

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

How many WRs in round 1 have the Eagles selected with Howie 1????? Zero with Joe Douglas....Not really enough of a sample size to say you can trust or not trust someone is it??
  11. I'm with you Wrang... except I can't really comment on Joe Douglas's ability to judge first round WR talent. He wasn't here for Agholor, Maclin or Freddie Mitchell ... so hard for me to say. Easier for me to say, I hope they go for a linemen.
  12. BG, to be honest with you, I don't have any confidence in the Eagles ability to judge first round wide receiver talent. Judging WR talent is not one of their strong suits in my opinion . I think they would be better served in another position.
  13. BleedingGreen93

Im not predetermining any position in this draft I’m always for BPA....We just don’t know how the Eagles have that board ranked that simple to me....For all we know could have a RB rated highly or maybe not.....If it was my call id likely wait till next year on a RB not a huge fan of this class but isn’t my call
  14. cunninghamtheman

We’d have to trade back I’d think. No way do I see us taking a RB in the top 57. WR is a different story. I’m just really high on going BPA this year. So in that mindset you just let the board fall where it does. Not any predetermined position drafting.
  15. cunninghamtheman

Other than me. He was the clear cut choice for us early on in the process. But lisfranc surgery is no joke. Injured foot is hard to deal with potentially.
  16. Joe, I don't want to seem complicated but I really have no idea how many running backs will go before Love. Before the injury,only Love and Jacobs were considered 1st round draft pick running backs and Love was rated even higher than Jacobs by a lot of experts. His 2017 game film was better than anyone's. Okay, now he gets hurt and drops to a projected 3-4 pick. You have Sanders, Henderson, Harris and Weber all projected as 2-3 round picks. After that comes Love, Montgomery, Singletary and Hills all projected as 3-4. Of course all these guys have different skill sets so I have no idea which team likes which individual. So the question then is Which team will take a chance on Love injured before a healthy running with a lesser skill set because he was rated higher than any of them when healthy? If Love comes back 100 percent and someone gets him even in the third round he will be the steal of the draft IMO. Now if you want a short yardage runner then Josh Jacobs is your guy but where Love is eventually drafted this year is the interesting subplot of the 2019 running back class.
  17. It all started with Jeremiah's mock draft, no one mentioned Hollywood Brown to the Eagles before that. The Eagles never met with Brown and they've shown interest in the bigger slot guys.
  18. BleedingGreen93

Generally where this is smoke though usually a fire....So do think there is a good chance we go WR high or even RB possibly both doesn’t have to be round 1 but day 2
  19. BleedingGreen93

Nope I’ve seen him mocked to us but seen plenty of reporters link our interest in Brown as well...Plenty reports still have us linked to Jacobs as well not saying we go either guy but rumors still been flying around....
  20. All based off of mock drafts lol. I don't buy them drafting Brown in the first. Same as I didn't buy Jacobs in the first.
  21. BleedingGreen93

Rumors have been heavy on us taking WR high lately lot of Hollywood Brown rumors to us.....
  22. Today
  23. DeathByEagle

What is Chucky up to?

I think its easy. Mayock loves any of the 3 dline players that will be there. Which ever one is left, he takes. There is a very small chance if they are in love with say Bosa or Williams they are moving up to number 1 to get him, letting Murray slip since he dont fit many system in the NFL. Would be the perfect situation for Zona BUT would Raiders pay the price for one of them guys when they could get a great player on the dline at 4 no matter what? Doubt Mike does that but is a option. Mayock is a draft beast and Im sure he will have a great draft. Im not sure why he was not hired by a team before at some position. I will for sure be looking out to see what he does.
  24. GreenbleedinFL

IDK I really wanted to fit Henderson in here-UGH(could replace him with Oruwariye),but thats 6 and the rules are FIVE so I put Oru in there lol
  25. GreenbleedinFL

Yeah depends how teams view his injury and recovery time.He would probably sit a year,so teams needing immediate RB help would pass him by. I'd take him with a 4 if we opt to wait that long/personally I like Henderson in 2.IMO Jacobs,Harris and Henderson will be the first 3 RB's taken.If we don't snag one in 2,then obviously round 4 is the place unless we pick up a 3 someplace(Montgomery could be a late 2 early 3 pick).Love,Higdon,maybe Singletary may be around in 4 also.JMO
  1. Load more activity