All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. toolg

Tyreek Hill not to be suspended

They can't prove Hill caused his son's injury. The authorities aren't pressing charges. The child is a minor so the records are sealed. As far as we know Hill is cooperating. There is a leaked audio where he says some nasty things to his baby mama, but that doesn't prove he caused the injury. The league has no basis to suspend him now. You can't compare this to what happened to Hunt because the circumstances are different. Hunt ultimately lied to the organization about what happened, so after the Chiefs found out they fired him. If they catch Hill is lying to them, I believe they would release him too.
  3. Northern Green Wings

Tyreek Hill not to be suspended

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036260/article/nfl-will-not-suspend-chiefs-receiver-tyreek-hill Good news for Chiefs fans I guess, but with Hill and these allegations I'd definitely say there is enough smoke for there to be fire. I think it is likely he'll find himself in trouble again. But it's also funny to me, if you're a good enough player a team will let you get away with more. I'm not condoning what Kareem Hunt did, but what he got instantly released by the Chiefs for, as opposed to holding onto Hill is interesting. Hill was drafted with known serious character issues, but since he produces at an elite level and is a WR they'll hold onto him (and perhaps lack of real evidence.) In the case of Hunt being a top RB but not a game changer, he's released the day of without a second thought.
  4. Today
  5. I've seen where the players are preparing for a lockout or no season on 2021. Can't be a strike without a CBA in place. Basically preparing for not getting paid. Same deal with the NHL. And logic here... if the players were getting paid during a lockout, what is the incentive for the players to rush to get a deal done? Like I said, it will be interesting to see how the trade value is for the end of the 1st round picks as they are probably the last group available to get a 5th year option for team control. Because even if they lose a year in your way of thinking... then so do the draft picks outside of round 1... they would only get 3 years instead of 4. Either way it's an extra year's worth of control. Right?
  6. Idk... what happened in the NHL?
  7. Guam? Have you ever been to Guam? If you build a stadium there the island will tip over.
  8. Guess we'll need teams in Tokoyo and in Guam for the West Coast teams!!
  9. NFL just declared it's OK to threaten and terrorize a woman and young child. Just love what's becoming acceptable these days. Flame if you want, he's scum and it's all I'll say on it. Hit the lottery, move to Curacao, never listen to the news again.
  10. cunninghamtheman

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

I would think that the case if the players strike. If the owners lockout they have to pay still. Seems like that would constitute a season. Or ....we have seen a shortened season after prolonged negotiations. I also believe this would count as a season(even if it’s only eight games). But I’m a believer in it matters which side has to pull the plug...owners or players.
  11. If we were to pursue a Middle LB, 3 names to look at, not in any particular order: Dylan Moses - Alabama, Jacob Phillips - LSU and Shaquille Quarterman - Miami. I particularly like Phillips as I hear he has a high Football IQ. Anyway, Imagine our Defense with a Stud at LB. Who would be able to run at us?
  12. Speaking of next year's draft. When was the last time anyone can remember us having a stud at Mike? Bergey, Maybe Trot for a few years? Is it me or are the Eagles neglecting this position? Imagine a stud like Kuechly playing with our D-Line.... Or Wagner.... Not sure why this position is overlooked.
  13. Ham, I don't want the NFL to turn into the NBA. The longer term the contract the better... or should I say the longer a player stays on one team the better. Like I said with comp picks, I think it needs to be changed... we got a comp pick for Tate after he played like 6 games? That's dumb. The original idea of compensating teams who lose their draft picks to free agency is ok IMO. Hicks should have been the one to count this year for us. That could bring down the comp picks to a handful of legit picks. The top free agents entering their 2nd contract and first real payday. There won't be any sandbagging with those top players. You are rightly concerned about guys like Wiz who teams waited to sign after the date so they wouldn't count. Guys like Sendejo who could get cut...etc. these are the ones that need to be eliminated.
  14. Or... if there is a lockout, that means there is no actual season... thus not losing a year... you follow? The second season would be 2022 instead of 2021.
  15. GreenbleedinFL

We expect everyone there on draft day to hurl hype and insults HAHA.This is the most challenging league you will be in
  16. GreenbleedinFL

ST scoring example.Your guy takes a KO at the GL and runs it back 100 yards.You get 10 points for yardage,1 point for the play being over 30 yards and the 6 point score.This one play could net you 17 fantasy points(plus whatever ST's points you can accumulate)and 19 points if they complete a 2 PT conversion.So,picking your ST's is an important part of draft day.In regular leagues they have DST combined and those points above don't get counted.So it's a fun league and more challenging
  17. GreenbleedinFL

Still have openings in my PRIVATE Fantasy league.Me,my daughter,her hubby,my ex's son and his wife, and my GD joined this year,a few peeps that have stayed in the last 14 years,but due to time constraints others had to bow out.There is a cheap trophy,so I am looking at 4 more teams I believe.It's a CBS league(wish they would adopt the Yahoo scoring) but it is what it is.My rules and set up are different,scoring is different and more realistic,Bonus points for long plays and long kick FG's.We draft 17 rounds,so at the end you are really barrel scraping for your reserves.It' is NOT a PPR league.A flex player can be a TE or a WR,Defense and ST's can be 2 different teams,or the same if you like both.It's a tough league to win.If anyone wants an invite message me your name and email address.The D"s start at 22 pts,not 20,you lose points for points allowed,lose points for yards allowed(in increments)but you get an extra point for sacks and int's.So if you send me that info in messenger and I send an invite,you can review the rules and scoring.We do a LIVE online draft(not a draft party) which I will choose after all the teams are accounted for.Anyone with cahonies can join(I need a challenge!!!!) SO post up,go big or go home!!!!See if you got what it takes to take down the reigning champ Florida Frenzy(me).Please keep team names clean for my GD,she's only 9 but she knows her football.Be fun to see all you yahoos whining on fantasy days after I bludgeoned you last game HAHA BRAING IT!!!! The league will close at noon on 7/31.Our playoff starts a week earlier than normal as well.This allows 8 teams a shot at the trophy instead of the usual 4.The 4 top division winners go,the other 4 are determined by points scored,not by division record.In the event the PFF is the same,the team that gave up the least points goes.Draft is a snake draft.Draft order is RANDOM and done by the comp.I could be 1,I could be 12,I dont pick them.So if you want a challenging league get signed up
  18. SNOORDA

Giants agree to trade WR Odell Beckham Jr to Browns

I never called him a cancer. I called him a crybaby though
  19. GreenbleedinFL

Sure,but this is the LULL time of year,so we look at potential draft targets for lack of anything football related
  20. pisceschica

Zeke Set To Hold Out Of Training Camp?

Cowboys fans are funny. Until the cowboys do win a super bowl no one cares about how talented they are The boys have fielded some great teams over the Prescott/romo era but all they have to show for it is a 3-5 playoff record and 7 straight losses in divisional round
  21. BleedingGreen93

When I look at RB we got our guy of the future in Sanders why we spent a 2nd on him...Then we I look at how we have valued RBs before that we love to bargain pin shop for guys...Whether it is getting UDFA signing(where we have had some success), vet pickups(ie Blount), or trades (ie Ajayi, Howard, Sproles).... Clement could easily see us tender him as well Big year for him I’m probably jumping the gun on him a bit in Scott but I have high hopes for him.
  22. Yesterday
  23. bwestbrook36

Guys hold out all the time. Maybe not as a rookie but, guys looking for their 2nd and 3rd deal hold out every year
  24. boogyman

If he holds out past the 6th or 8th or whatever of August, I think he loses a year of service. I bet the Cowboys hope he does that. They would control him through his prime, could run him into the ground, and then discard him.
  25. "Beam me up coach" lol
  26. cunninghamtheman

Or the trade value could be crap because of a potential lockout and losing a year on the whole class.
  27. cunninghamtheman

If you get rid of the franchise tag that would be huge in changing the landscape. Then guys wouldn’t have to sign for as long term as possible. They could sign a two year contract to see how things work out. And they would know they become a free agent. As far as the compensatory picks: just get rid of it. It’s crap. No need. Add an extra round to the draft. If you get rid of comp picks then these vet free agents can all get jobs without losing several options because they are afraid to lose a draft pick. And they have full steam of a competitive market that way without eliminating potential suitors.
  1. Load more activity