All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Idk.... they were talking about that on the radio today. Jon Ritchie and Geoff Mosher seem to think he will be too involved in his other stuff to come back to the Eagles... the team that holds his rights. Obviously the discussion was in the event of injuries. I think a lot of the fans are grasping at straws, hard to let such a fan favorite go. But let's be happy for him, comes out healthy and on his own terms with a lot to do, not just sit there and have a mid life crisis because he has no clue what to do without football.
  3. For the haul you get for trading out of the top 5 picks, and looking over that list, it sure looks like trading out is the best option.
  4. cunninghamtheman

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

I think many of us thought Long would retire. But how many believe he will stay retired?
  5. Today
  6. 5 full rows with about 40 seats each. Then there is a 6th (Row 1W) that has 10 seats and 7th (Row 5W) that has 4 seats, that can accommodate wheelchairs.
  7. Not really... the talking heads here in Philly all said they thought Long was going to retire, but the Eagles had a small chance to talk him out of it. This is stuff you hear though locally when they talk on the radio and tv, giving their opinions, not really much you would see in print. An advantage living in the local market.
  8. EaglesRocker97

Kirk Cousins is the next Brees

@nottingham14 is the next @RememberTheKoy
  9. ckudrick

Safety and RB

Blount is washed up & Ajayi can't stay healthy. We drafted a RB high and traded for one. We're good there. Berry has played 3 games in the last 2 season. Come on, man.
  10. Menaguy74

Green Bay and or Minnesota?

I will be at Green Bay and Minnesota game who else will be there ??
  11. Menaguy74

Road trips 2019

Will be in Green Bay and in Minnesota Senice I live here
  12. GreenbleedinFL

Not real tough to be "giving" when you rack up multiple,multi million dollar a year incomes.I can do great things too with 40 million over less than a decade span.Send me a check and I'll prove it
  13. Can anyone tell me how many rows there are in northeast terrace 1 at Linc? Thanks
  14. One starter is coming back from a season where he was less than 100% because of prior injuries, the other will be coming back from an injury last year. Vinny is solid setting the edge but is not an end who closes the deal consistently, and everyone else is a shot in the dark. I inderstand they’ll be expecting more pressure from up the middle, but this D has to get max pressure to be successful. Too many sacks were allowed to walk out the door. I do not get it.
  15. No more Long Cox, his personality it going to be missed.
  16. Than again you're a character - gonna miss ya
  17. Long is too involved in his other endeavors to focus on being a 2nd stinger - true. He could be a full time starter elsewhere - true. The Eagles did not feel he could fill a full time roll AND we rotate a lot - true. So when all else is true, the talking heads get it all wrong - that also is true. Good luck in all you do Chris. It's an honor just to appreciate you not just as a fan, but a real person doing things more important than football. Be well.
  18. Yesterday
  19. So we have Curry and DeSean who couldn't wait to get back here. Malik Jackson wanting to play next to Cox. Jernigan and Wiz excited to be back. A Philly kid drafted, another local signed as a top UDFA. Chris Long couldn't even retire right away even though all the beat writers were clearly thinking he was mentally done and moving on with his off the field work. The Eagles are creating the proper environment to be successful in what I think will be the future of the NFL with the salary cap increasing. Great free agents aren't going to hit the open, with that quality dropping, the vets looking for that one year prove it deal and wanting to play for a winner and a great organization... those will be the key guys to sign. Still comes down to drafting well though. But kudos to Lurie and company for building the current environment.
  20. UK_EaglesFan89

Exactly this! If you look at regular season stats than Coupons stacks up with the better QBs in the league. But he doesn't deliver in the biggest of games.
  21. It wouldn't surprise me if Long and Connor Barwin team up to do some charity work together. They both admire each others dedication to their particular charities.
  22. Here's the last 25 years 1995 - Ki-Jana Carter 1 Tony Boselli 2 Best players: Derek Brooks 28 Warren Sapp 12 Terrell Davis 196 Curtis Martin 74 Steve McNair 3 1996 - Keyshawn Johnson 1 Kevin Hardy 2 Best Players: Ray Lewis 24 Jonathan Ogden 4 Terrell Owens 89 Brian Dawkins 61 Marvin Harrisson 19 Zach Thomas 154 1997 - Orlando Pace 1 Darrell Russell 2 Best Players: Pace 1 Jason Taylor 73 Walter Jones 6 Tony Gonzalez 13 1998 - Peyton Manning 1 Ryan Leaf 2 Best Players: Manning 1 Randy Moss 21 Charles Woodson 4 Alan Faneca 26 1999 - Couch 1 McNabb 2 Best Players: Champ Bailey 7 McNabb 2 Edgerrin James 4 Joey Porter 73 Terrible draft year when a highlight is a WCO QB who topped a combined 30 passing/ rushing TDs once in his entire career Topped a 90 rating 3 times in 13 years Had a playoff rating of 80 2000 - Courtney Brown 1 LaVarr Arrington 2 Best players: Brady 199 Urlacher 9 2001 - Michael Vick 1 Leonard Davis 2 Best Players: Drew Brees 32 LaDanian Tomlinson 5 Reggie Wayne 30 Steve Smith 74 Do the Eagles win multiple Super Bowls if they take Wayne instead of Freddie Mitchell? 2002 - David Carr 1 Julius Peppers 2 2003 - Carson Palmer 1 Charles Rogers 2 2004 - Eli Manning 1 Robert Gallery 2 Best Players: Roethlisberger 11 Fitzgerald 3 Eli 1 Rivers 4 Jared Allen 126 2005 - Alex Smith 1 Ronnie Brown 2 2006 - Mario Williams 1 Reggie Bush 2 2007 - Jamarcus Russel 1 Calvin Johnson 2 2008 - Jake Long 1 Chris Long 2 2009 - Matthew Stafford 1 Jason Smith 2 If Sam Bradford could stay healthy, he would be Matthew Stafford (this is not a compliment to either player) 2010 - Sam Bradford 1 Ndamukong Suh 2 Best Players: Gronk 42 Antonio Brown 195 Geno Atkins 120 Earl Thomas 14 Suh 2 Injuries have taken a big bite out of a pretty deep draft class Trent Williams (Two 16 game seasons in 9 years) Gronk (one 16 game season in 9 years) JPP had a 1 sack and a 2 sack pair of injury plagued seasons in NY before fireworks and car accidents NaVorro Bowman was a beast at LB until a couple big injuries derailed his career (4 first team all-pros in 5 years) 2011 Cam Newton 1 Von Miller 2 Best Players: JJ Watt 11 Miller 2 Julio Jones 6 This is another very deep draft class. 5 or 6 guys could easily finish with 100+ sacks. I don't think Cam Newton is an elite QB but he is having a HoF career compiling some truly staggering stats. In his upcoming age 30 season he will likely pass 30k yards passing, 200 passing TDs, 5000 yards rushing, and 60 rushing TDs. 50k passing with 350 TDs and 8k rushing with 100 rushing TDs is not out of the question 2012 Andrew Luck 1 Robert Griffing III 2 Round 3 picks Wilson and Foles have won Super Bowls Best players? Wilson 75 Wagner 47 Cox 12 Kuechly 9 2013 Erik Fisher 1 Luke Joekel 2 This is a major reason why the Eagles won a Super Bowl (Lane Johnson still there at 4) 2014 Jadeveon Clowney 1 Greg Robinson 2 Best player - Aaron Donald at 13 2015 Jameis Winston 1 Marcus Mariota 2 Its insane that these guys are getting franchise tag money as year 5 options. 2016 Jared Goff 1 Carson Wentz 2 Both QBs have shown a lot but have big question marks (injuries for Wentz and choking like a dog for Goff) 2017 Myles Garrett 1 Mitchell Trubisky 2 Best Players (so far) Pat Mahomes 10 Deshaun Watson 12 Kamara 67 Garrett 1 2018 Baker Mayfield 1 Saquon Barkley 2 2019 Kyler Murray 1 Nick Bosa 2
  23. GreenbleedinFL

DE-I would kick the tires on Derrick Shelby(Falcons).He's 30,should have some gas left in the tank and should be fine as a rotational player
  24. bears6385

Why all the stats.....Brees puts up fantasy numbers and wins. Cousins puts up those same numbers, but can't win big games. Brees will be in the HOF......Cousins will have to buy a ticket just like you or I.
  25. axe_man_trotter

Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson suspended

Cardinals should have traded him while they had the chance. They aren't winning anytime soon and Peterson isn't getting any younger.
  26. Coach5

Safety and RB

Eric Berry would add the leadership the secondary needs. The Eagles secondary has not been consistent for years and years. I believe EB would add consistency. Blount was a big part of the SB for 2017. He knows how to run inside from 5 to 10 yards out as compared to anyone on the current roster. Jay at 25 still has upside. He could bring the downhill play in the second half of the season from the injury like 2017. I would recommend anyone of the above this year, with EB at the top.
  1. Load more activity