All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. EagleJoe8

Flex Scheduling for MNF being considered

Wally, I’m sorry man. You seem like a nice guy, but I’ve gotta call BS on you man. In the days prior to the league flexing our game with the Hawks out of SNF, many suggested doing so because GB/SF was a better looking game at the time, and you were adamant that the league couldn’t due in part to the Hawks fans complaining since they hadn’t planned to see a Hawks game at 10AM local time, and due to it possibly leading the league to force the Pats/Cowboys game being played at 1:00 even though it was FOX’s game of the week that week. Now, since it actually happened, your narrative changes to they had to do it due to complications that would have arisen had the schedule stayed the same. Point blank, the NFL is going to do what they feel is best for their ratings, and everyone else, including 60 Minutes fans be damned.
  3. Today
  4. Dawkins 20

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

I love the definitive statements with "I think" after them. It's a really nice touch.
  5. paco

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

Here is another good one from over there: Change at QB- Expext massive changes for 2020. Expext
  6. LOL Look, I have my opinions about Schwartz and I think everyone pretty much knows them by now. Yeah it would be much easier for him to bring back guys like Darby, Mills, Douglas and both safeties Jenkins and McLeod for no other reason than they know the scheme. At this point in time some of these players can teach the new players for Schwartz so he can enjoy easy street but in my opinion if you want to get better as a team, you have to have an honest assessment on these guys and jettison the ones that are not going to improve anymore. Easy for me to say as I haven't formed any kind of relationships with these guys over the years however it isn't going to be any easier getting rid of some of these guys (Jenkins) even if you kick the can down the road to three years from now. The only difference is that you are prolonging the inevitable at the expense of the other players on your team. Those guys have a shelf life as well and want to be playing their best football with the time they have to play too. It is the coaches job to coach up new players. A good coach enjoys the challenge in doing so. No its not easy but there is no greater reward either watching a young player develop under your guidance to become a great player for your team. The real danger as a coach in developing new players is not in aiming too high and falling short, but in aiming too low and hitting the mark. The Eagles brought in new coaches in for a reason. Lets get some new players and turn these new coaches loose to do their jobs.
  7. Wallyhorse

Anytime "60" doesn't start on time or doesn't air at all, they get complaints from older viewers who don't care about sports and go back to a time when 7:00-8:00 PM ET/6:00-7:00 PM CT on Sundays was STRICTLY News or Children's programming dating back to the old "prime time access" laws. "60" generally covers for the old laws. Many of those viewers are the type that go to bed early and get very upset if "60" starts even at 7:30 PM ET as it does on CBS DH weeks. The scenario I pointed out is where unexpectedly and just to keep SEA-PHI on SNF in Week 12 this past season would have required the NFL to reverse the DH for the first time since the late 1980's-early '90s and treat 1:00 PM as 4:25 PM normally would, forcing ALL of the CBS Singleheader games save one to likely 4:25 PM ET (because of NYC getting a "Double Singleheader" of NYG-CHI and OAK-NYG and FOX's regional games at 4:45 PM ET) that in turn because of programming already scheduled that night forcing "60" to air in much of the country at 3:00 PM/2:00 CT (and in the overnight in NYC). As many who watch "60" don't pay attention to TV schedules, they would be tuning in at 7:00/6:00 CT expecting to see "60" but basically except in Chicago seeing football, leading to a massive number of complaints to the FCC over that. As many of those viewers ALSO are in the core of Trump's voter base, Trump, mainly because of his long-running vendetta against the NFL might have used that to "stick it" to the NFL by using an Executive Order to fully reinstate the old laws no matter how many TV contracts were violated and other unintended consequences just to keep HIS voter base happy. That's also why as noted CBS didn't get either late Sunday slot this time around.
  8. I'm not sure teams will be that interested in him at that price anyway though?
  9. UK_EaglesFan89

Sources: Antonio Brown not expected to play again this season

I think actually that's something that's being somewhat underrated and overlooked. He's not a young player anymore with his best years ahead of him.
  10. UK_EaglesFan89

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

No it's definitely not an easy decision and not one I think is foregone either. We all know this team needs to get younger. Doesn't mean this team needs to cut all players over 30 though.
  11. I agree but not easy to say bye to Jenky. Agree 'cause it could be what is best for team. Football players kinda like dogs - Their years of available service aren't near long enough. 😔
  12. VaBeach_Eagle

I would hope that it would also be accompanied by de-Thursdaying the NFL.
  13. Procus

I would hope that flex-scheduling would be accompanied by de-Boogerizing MNF
  14. I would dare Dak to hold out. It won't do him any good. he'll miss out on $33.4M, plus teams may not be interested in him after a year.
  15. cunninghamtheman

Go ahead dallas wait for Bridgewater, Mahomes and Watson to all sign. Franchise Dak. Then let Lamar and the others sign their new contracts also. 30 mil per season is already looking like an old dream for them.
  16. cunninghamtheman

Was just reading that Teddy Bridgewater could be looking at signing for thirty million per season. Can’t help but laugh at what that does to the Cowboys and their Prescott situation.
  17. The Franchise Tag is the average of the top 5 players at that position, with some adjustment for salary cap increase. It won’t be the top salary, but it will be 100% guaranteed. Google Kirk Cousins career with the Redskins.
  18. cunninghamtheman

The thing with Jones is we could have him under contract for an extra season if we claim a medical year his first season. So it’d be nice if he worked out. ESPN(I think it was) suggested we trade Jones and a pick for Slay from Detroit. Since Slay is in his final year of his contract. And Detroit always trades away their good players. I wouldn’t have a problem with this trade. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Jones was successful there. But I’m not sure he can be successful here. I wasn’t ever grading him as high as many in his draft anyway. Bringing in Slay...getting to see him in this system...then resigning him to a big contract works for me. Win/win. Let’s do it!
  19. cunninghamtheman

Wrangler, it just depends on the market. Schwartz is stubborn as he77! If Darby doesn’t find a market he’ll try and get him back. Mills the same. Jones is in that prove it spot. Gotta earn the role and prove durability. I feel like he’s been given plenty of opportunity. I don’t feel bad for him. So many guys are just looking for a shot. Douglas they almost were forced to play out of desperation. He had a few quality moments. But he also got smoked a fair amount. Schwartz just isn’t the best judge of talent. Very quality DC...but personnel just isn’t his area. And he’s stubborn about playing favorites. We’ve seen it play out at corner plenty(go back before any of these guys previously mentioned were even here). We saw it play out with Long at DE. Clearly think Schwartz was the sole problem with bringing back Long. He played at a very high level the year before. Made zero sense not to bring him back. Especially right after the season began with the injuries. But we draft Miller to hold on the 53 instead of Long? How freaking stupid was that? I’ll tell you...moronic!
  20. Yesterday
  21. Well if they franchise him he will get paid what ever the top pay is for his position and it's all guaranteed then. So... Yeah they might as well just give him a contract he wants. Franchise tagging QBs is never a good idea
  22. bwestbrook36

I've caught an episode here and there if it was something interesting after a game and I didn't care about the Sunday night game. They will play 60 minutes no matter how late it is. So I'm not sure once again what Wally is babbling on about.
  23. Also we can start to add in the fact that he will be 32. What he has to offer on the field will soon no longer out weigh his other BS.
  24. It is going to take awhile to try and figure out how the Eagles have these guys rated going forward. They will tip their hand somewhat after free agency and we might be able to put the pieces together with the secondary and the backups going into the draft. Personally, I believe Sidney Jones played his best football manning the nickle role because he played mostly man to man there . Obviously the Eagles didn't draft him in the second round to man the nickle roll but they didn't draft Agholor in the first round to play the slot receiver either. Could be Jones gets another shot at outside corner however I am looking for the Eagles to get two outside corners between free agency and the draft. If so Jones would be the first one off the bench on the outside roll or maybe there will be a contest between LeBlanc and Jones for the Nickle roll. Not ready yet to venture a guess on Douglas or Mills. I find it hard to believe that Darby will be back but you never know about Schwartz and his decisions.
  25. VaBeach_Eagle

Sources: Antonio Brown not expected to play again this season

Let's say that he doesn't have any medical/mental issues and just acts like an *** simply because he's an idiot. With that in mind, let's also say that he gets another chance with another team (which isn't guaranteed). How long would that last? Well, if he's 'learned his lesson', then it could be a situation where it lasts for however long his contract is and he can finish out his career 'normally'. But he hasn't displayed any ability to 'learn' a 'lesson'. So that's all just hypothetical. As things stand right now, I don't know that any team will ever really want to give him another chance.
  26. yeah im assuming he would be suspended as soon as he'd sign with a team. but even if the league didn't suspend him then, does he last 1/2 a season ?
  27. Well the depression side of it can have a lot worse behavior. I think we would of saw something from that.
  28. Correct he needs to be on a team with a contract for them to actually give any punishment
  1. Load more activity