All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Since this is the season for crazy stuff!!!... Why would Arizona spend the first pick on another QB when they very well could have a great QB on the roster, but they are not able to see it because the line sucks! Kyler Murry is the consensus overall #1 pick and defense doesn't make sense at #1 for the, so then they really are looking at offensive line, where #5 is really where they want to pick, but no one wants to move... BUT let's say Philly is willing to give the entire draft for the #1 pick... who do they pick?
  3. downwithdallas

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Before you say you can't do a contract like that. There is no where in the CBA that says it's illegal. Just because nobody has ever done a contract in that manner means nothing. There are new things put in contracts that haven't been almost every year. Someone words something this way or that, sometimes to get around things with a loophole. Others to maximize things for a player or organization.
  4. downwithdallas

Obvious you didn't look at my contract i drew up it was 100m fully guaranteed but if he got seriously hurt in the first 2 years it would drop to 65m fully guaranteed but the 100m would be switched to an injury guarantee (so he still has security if he plays and gets hurt) but giving us an option year 4 and on to move on with less of a cap hit. Yes I do know how injury guarantee works. Maybe if you actually read the comments I make rather than assume things you wouldn't always misquote me. That's exactly what I was saying if we tagged him in 2021 we would be paying him the same as if we were to sign him so complaining about the tag price is silly.
  5. This may be of interest to some of you cross over Philly fans. https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/flyers-remove-kate-smith-statue-reviewing-racist-allegations-191639017.html
  6. Yesterday
  7. UK_EaglesFan89

Seahawks and Wilson agree to mega contract

I don't know why people are so against giving Wentz the deal we all expect him to get? I mean this is a guy with the potential to be a top QB for the next decade. Teams want a QB to be their guy don't they? So if it isn't Wentz then who?
  8. GreenbleedinFL

Nah,we need lineman first thing
  9. UK_EaglesFan89

And in this case I really hope it's not Brown. I mean other than speed I'm not sure what people see in him to think he's truly destined to be a star in the NFL.
  10. eagle45

Seahawks and Wilson agree to mega contract

You mean if he does something he’s never done and sustainably plays the way he did during the best 13 game stretch of his career. In that case, yes, he’s worth 30+ million. You can say that about quite a few guys.
  11. BleedingGreen93

So apparently Hollywood brown is the new popular pick in mocks for us sooooo guess we can cross him off as our 1st round pick lol.....Just kidding no clue who we pick in round 1 but we rarely seem to draft the popular mock drafters picks
  12. GreenbleedinFL

Happy Easter or Passover to Eagleheads everywhere
  13. Yup https://overthecap.com/player/fletcher-cox/1824/
  14. Eagles and NE only teams facing 3 opponents coming off byes. 9 teams don't face any!
  15. Cox restructured his deal.. bad example.
  16. Human being ... the smart ones, learn from experience. It's also impossible to prove you have learned or improved anything as a young player... until you actually play as an older player. Certainly one could see an improvement in Foles when faced with pressure as a 29 year old, compared to the backpedaling and taking unnecessary shots like he did as a younger player... ie 2013 the concussion vs Dallas when he didn't go out of bounds... and the brutal sack he took in the Saints game taking us out of FG range. Both instances holding the ball too long. When we see a young player and say..." I hope he learns or adjusts " .. much better than saying I hope he can develop this skill or improve his physical abilities. Basically you have no issue with Wentz skill or physical abilities, you just want him to learn from past experience to protect himself better. Sounds like the perfect guy to invest in as compared to a guy who has never shown he can play at an MVP level.
  17. Well. . We agree to disagree there on thr second part. While for sure its not illegal, and I never implied that, no shot an agent would get his player to sign that. What the players would see is an organization that would offer their most important player a contract that isn't real. What they would also see is that THE AGENT SUX. What the NFLPA who is trying to get more guarantees for its players would see is a sellout player and agent. Your whole shortsightedness here is something the Eagles organization isn't going to miss. You can't operate a successful business like that. Again... nothing wrong with waiting to see about the back, and the back ALONE...before offering a contract. Once the offer is made, you jump in with two feet and that's it. It's just reality. But it's ok to disagree similar to your stance on Foles being tagged which was unrealistic on so many levels without a trade already being worked out beforehand. I think we both know what the Eagles are going to do though, and how realistic a possible injury clause would be. Especially when there will be huge amounts of dead cap space after the signing bonus which will prevent Wentz from getting released early anyway.
  18. Yeah, it would close. But no one knows what's going to happen between now and the end of 2020, we'll have to wait and see if the NFL and NFLPA can agree to another CBA.
  19. His APY will be in line with these 5
  20. https://overthecap.com/franchise-transition-and-rfa-tenders/ OTC has 2020's projected tag number for QB's at $26.8 million. So if you feel like doing math, I don't, it's almost 2 AM. The tag for a QB in 2021 will likely be around $29 million. Anyway, who gives a damn about what the franchise tag will be in 2 years? He's going to be given an extension way before then.
  21. The 5th year option for a top 10 pick is equal to the transition tender at the player's position for his 4th season. So, whatever the transition tender is for Wentz's 4th season, that's what his 5th year option will be. And that's $22.7 million The Eagles have 13 days to exercise his 5th year option.
  22. Since you want be a jackwagon about it. InJuRy GuArAnTeEs DoN't WoRk LiKe ThAt You obviously don't know how it works. Teams don't get back money when a player gets injured. What the injury guarantee is, is if a players contract is terminated by a team, (see Alex Smith) the injury protection kicks in and the player still earns his salary. You can read about the rest of it here https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/12/8/18131998/trying-to-understand-the-alex-smith-contract-and-impact-on-salary-cap
  23. downwithdallas

After Foles and Wilson signed 25,838.678. Could it hit 30 million sure but I don't see it happening. Plus what do you think we are going to be paying him per season?
  24. BleedingGreen93

Seattle DE I believe He had 13 sacks last year and is only 25....But on the tag I think right now and his extension would be costly
  25. I still don't understand why people feel that Dak is terrible. He's absolutely good enough to win a SB. He's not Tom Brady or anything like that and can't carry a team but they play good defense, run the ball with Zeke first and foremost and then Dak just makes plays and runs the offense, limits mistakes then they'll be fine.
  1. Load more activity