All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. McNabbIsGone

Ex NY Jet Mark Gastineau Is Very Ill

I agree but that's the least of his worries now.
  3. Silentop

Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson suspended

mannn, are yo kidding me, these guy are all using crap.. just band the NFL. Lets take up curling. If the brain dead individual would like to make a lot of money and live not so long..sign in here. Did Gladiators in Rome get this choice?
  4. Fresh Prince

He was robbed of his sack record when Brett Favre laid down for Michael Strahan.
  5. A repeat offender got out of control and dropped a security guard. If he was a Patriot he would get 4 games. Goodell will do nothing here.
  6. McNabbIsGone

It's a sad story on a number of different levels . . . most immediately it reminds us all of our mortality as humans. If a bear of a man like Mark Gastineau can become older & frail and fall ill with diseases like dementia & colon cancer what lies ahead for any of us? Granted, the dementia / Alzheimer's aspect is likely NFL trauma induced or, at the very least, made worse by NFL activity. More importantly, Gastineau's case is not unique and there are dozens of stories that are worse, as well as better. But the commonality between all of them is: THE NFL REFUSES TO GIVE MEANINGFUL HEALTH CARE TO FORMER PLAYERS. How is that even legally possible?? We now know that repeated head trauma causes a number of physical injuries including the brain. Since the players are the source of all the income the NFL presently enjoys, is it not reasonable to assume they should share in the cost of post-career healthcare for the players? Especially when it's OBVIOUS that the problems the players suffer from are NFL induced or aggravated? The appologists will try to weasel out of this by saying all sorts of things in defense of the NFL. But the bottom line is: the players were never aware of the true risk they were accepting until long after the NFL knew . . . and kept silent. You make your own call . . . but to me this is painfully obvious: THE NFL NEEDS TO TAKE AN ACTIVE ROLL IN SAFETY (which they've done, to a degree) AND GIVE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO THOSE PLAYERS WHO NEED IT . . . like Gastineau.
  7. "I feel shocked!" - Pepper Brooks
  8. Mortimer

That is a sad story.
  9. Yesterday
  10. Good read; https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/5/22/18634233/bill-belichick-iowa-state-future-of-defensive-football-nfl-new-england-patriots-chiefs-rams?utm_campaign=markschofield&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
  11. https://footballmaven.io/eagles/news/jets-have-requested-permission-to-speak-with-joe-douglas-about-gm-job-jGXehem5EEWZtBPKnr6d5g/
  12. Maybe. But I bet his pimp hand ain't slow. We should ask his girlfriend.
  13. He's been battling Dementia / Alzheimer's and now has stage 3 colon cancer. He's been doctoring at the Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philly. Apparently his funds are running out as they are now taking his home. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ex-jets-great-gastineau-has-gofundme-for-fight-of-his-life/ar-AABRFYu?ocid=spartanntp
  14. pisceschica

NFL changes start times of Sunday Divisional playoff games

I hate waiting longer for games..
  15. CountBlah

Rolling R-word's (Trademark Pending) updates..

May ‘lil Danny live a long, healthy life
  16. McNabbIsGone

NFL changes start times of Sunday Divisional playoff games

Meetoo . . . then I can drift off to sleep . . . watching Ertz, Agholor, Alshon and now DJax scoring their TDs in my dreams. Life is good! <g>
  17. GreenbleedinFL

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Like any sport I watch,the first 56 is a chess match.If it's close,you make adjustments or players make the plays.As I recall we got WHOOPED by the Aint's and they killed us with RB's.In fact they could have scored another RUSHING TD in the closing seconds.but they showed us "mercy" and kicked a FG.But yeah their RB's suck lol.They had 173 rushing yards in that game NOT counting ALL the passes to their RB's(which show as passing stats).Brees could basically "take the day off" as his RB's did their jobs taking us apart(and so the RB/QB BS continues on into infinity lol)
  18. GreenbleedinFL

Sure,it happens,but why/how did he get in that position to start with?
  19. So Dak hired Aaron Donald's agent... lol. Pay that man Jerry.
  20. I've seen it plenty of times... what about the first 56 minutes though?
  21. Sure.... what happens if he isn't healthy? Why do you need to cut him? He's cheap. Isn't there a list for injured players? When does camp start?
  22. cunninghamtheman

So the Super Bowl with the Pats versus Atlanta. Tom Brady must really suck then. Because he had to make a massive comeback.
  1. Load more activity