All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. My son has a friend who's family has 4 season tickets They're giving us 2 tix for that game. Not sure if we're driving up Wednesday afternoon or early Thursday. It's about a 10 hr drive. As the time gets closer we can make plans to get together for an adult beverage We're staying at the Mantiwoc Wyndham about 40 miles south of GB
  3. downwithdallas

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

So you are saying he is not injury prone unless he gets hit. You're a genius maybe we can petition the league to see if players can 2 hand touch him this year and if they forcefully touch him it's an automatic TD. Wentz IS going to take HITS, a lot of hits every year. Especially with Seumalo and Wisniewski probably starting the year at guard and no real depth behind them. If Peters can't stay games we are counting on a rookie we HOPE will be a good player in the future but hasn't played a snap in the NFL yet. And behind him is a 2nd year ever playing the game. Former rugby player that looked good and fast against primarily players that didn't make NFL rosters last year. They put Big V out there instead of him and V was a turnstile. We have hope for both these guys but we haven't seen it done in game time.
  4. I think he goes to LA Chargers or the Saints.
  5. IDK about people putting words in your mouth ... just seems you missed his ST contribution as his key element and the fact he is dirt cheap... both lead to him being an asset if he is healthy .. regardless of his taking any snaps at WR. Sure he has to prove it now... but if he can't go, I doubt he gets cut. He could, just not sure why they would do that instead of PUP or IR while allowing themselves the opportunity to keep someone else while he is on those lists?
  6. ASG, I have 4 tickets bought and paid for in section 232 I think I know it is around the 20 yard line and between rows 21-23. We are staying at the Country inn and Suites. Leaving Tuesday night and returning Saturday. If you are going, we should hook up. My wife goes there every year and knows everything about the town, so probably a good person to be around lol
  7. I'll throw in my two cents about Wentz. This injury prone idea. So far ... and lets be anal and list ALL the ones that seem to bother the Foles people... because that is what I will call you guys. People who couldn't even let me enjoy his timely overachieving and the fact he is a great dude, you had to go overboard on how great he is and ruin the moment. Anyhow... 1. Broken wrist in college (before he came back to lead his team to a national title) 2. Broken ribs in preseason of 2016 when he was 3rd string QB at the time and no reason to play him 3. Torn knee ligaments in 2017 which ended his MVP season 4. Back last year where they decided to shut him down These are what we are looking at. So, one thing in common here is that Wentz actually took hits, or there was contact on these injuries. He wasn't running around and pulled a hammy or turned an ankle or tore a knee ligament. In 3 years I've seen him take a bunch of hits, some his fault, many because our playcalling/RB pass blocking left the unblocked blitzer coming in to give him a shot as he threw a pass. So to me, he's a tough guy. Young and dumb like almost all QBs coming into the league thinking they can run guys over or not realizing that in the big boy league they are bigger/faster adn hit harder. So per usual a little run happy, but not too much compared to others. For me, I'm not really worried about his body, its about avoiding the hits... the unnecessary ones. That comes with experience, that also comes with help from your coaches and teammates ... maybe some play calling where the defense needs to be ready for a run play? How about a RB picking up a blitz? How about a RB that he can actually dump the ball off to? All things that can help him limit the shots. But to be honest, I think he has proven that he can take his fair of hits, more than his fair share. I just prefer to see the number go down and then I think he will be fine. Just like he was for his first 29 career starts before two guys hit his knee at the exact same time in opposite directions.
  8. GreenbleedinFL

JMO,but I don't see us re-signing Sproles unless there are a couple of bad injuries.Love the guy super much,but I believe he should retire.IDK what happens with Pump either
  9. GreenbleedinFL

We also have some nice RB's that could play ST's if he can't go.I never said I wanted him gone,but some put words in my mouth lol
  10. GBFL... To be honest, I'm not worried about him hitting the field on offense .... he is a good ST player, that will be his biggest contribution in 2019. Barring injuries .... multiple injuries at WR... that is why I don't concern myself as much about "roster spot" etc. He will either be healthy, playing ST and maybe some offense ... or he should be on PUP/IR if not. I would obviousll prefer him to be healthy, so he can play ST for us.
  11. Or Zach Ertz in his interview last week.
  12. GreenbleedinFL

I may be interested if it's a CBS league cause i will have my private league as well as 3 others I play in and dont want to keep hitting another site as those 4 keep me busy enough.I may have a few spots in my private league(custom scoring much more like the real game-trophy to the winner,but I'm gonna need a trophy case soon HAHAHA)
  13. GreenbleedinFL

All good points,great post.From what I have heard,Wentz has no issues.i DO hope he has learned that sometimes you throw the ball away and save your body. I understand he is a competitor and wants to win every game.but he needs to know we need him here next week too.I would also like to add,Wentz should have the best receiving corps he's ever had(and RB's that can catch).Goedert should be more of a threat this year,add in Djax,JJaw,and a hopefully improved AG,and there be few times he(Wentz) will need to put his head down,or at least I hope so
  14. Today
  15. GreenbleedinFL

Never said he was injury prone did I?????? I SAID we need to see him show why we drafted him(and play some snaps someday).1 injury doesn't not make one "prone".We have 2 years left to find out
  16. GreenbleedinFL

Yeah still on rook deal,just hope he can hit the field,even if it;s garbage time
  17. GreenbleedinFL

Not if he's not playing it doesn't
  18. VaBeach_Eagle

Coming from France

That was definitely a great play, it was Hall of Fame DE Bruce Smith that Randall ducked under. Smith later went on to play for the Redskins and McNabb made him whiff also. You can watch the Randall play and not be disappointed.
  19. VaBeach_Eagle

All Time QB rankings... Do championships matter?

If someone is caught cheating and is punished, should the Hall of Fame 'Pete Rose' that person?
  20. downwithdallas

I have a lot of questions about our starting 22 but they can't be answered right now so I have been pretty silent of late. Can Wentz stay healthy being the biggest of course. I hope our receivers are as good as they have looked because they are that good and not because our secondary is that bad. The DBs struggled as a whole group last year and couldn't cover much but they had a lot of injuries (not that they were any good before the injuries happened either though). On paper our WRs look like they could be special but we need to see it on the field. How many years have we heard how great they were for them to be just average. I have injury questions up and down this team. The last 2 years have been really hard on us injury wise and is that on training/medical staffs or Peterson's coaching style. Can JP actually stay on the field a whole game, Darby, Mills, Jones, Barnett and Brooks just looking at some in particular. I have questions at LB as well. Can Brown cover? That has been an area of concern with him over his career. Hicks was decent in coverage and all over the field on defense when he was healthy but that was his biggest problem health. Do we have a 3rd LB I wasn't to fond of Hill or Gerry last year can one of them step up their game this year. How will Malik Jackson look in our D can he stop the run. He was benched last year for that reason he struggled to stop the run. Definitely question the G position both Seumalo and Wisniewski struggled last year can one of them step up and show they deserve to be the starter. Can we run the ball? We got 2 new RBs but how will they fit in our system is yet to be seen. Can Barnett step up and be the guy on the outside we need him to be is yet to be seen as well.
  21. You are close. Two PB's, Yeah, I liked Mathis as well due to his personality and keeping the rest of the guys on the line loose. Some were upset when he left like homers can be however I think the Eagles called it right letting him go. First of all, he only played 7 games his last year due to injuries with the Eagles and was going to be payed 5.5 million the next year. He was 33 which was the oldest Guard in the league at the time when he went to the Broncos for 2.5 million with a chance to make 4 mil with incentives. Doubt that he made the 4 million because he only played 12 games that season. He started at the beginning of the year and was then beaten out for the starting job for 4 games and then went back in for the rest of the year after the guy who beat him out got hurt. He did get a Super Bowl ring though and the fact that he started 12 games that year plus the playoff games was probably worth the cut in pay because he certainly wouldn't have won a Super Bowl with the Eagles before he was finished playing. Sometimes you just have to be happy for a former Eagles player you like whether he still plays for your team or not. I'm glad Mathis got his Super Bowl win. Wiz got his as well and Peters is still trying. Sure he got one but I'll bet he isn't bragging about it.
  22. Hi stine, I think its funny that the only person who said the Eagles have more talent on this football team man for man then they did on the Super Bowl team of 2017 was Joe Douglas.
  23. BleedingGreen93

We have a strong team all around hell even most of our backups could make strong cases on other teams for playing time lol
  24. BleedingGreen93

Hollins played all 16 games as a rookie and because of whatever happened last year he is know injury prone????? Damn I don’t get fans lol.....Not to mention the year he missed was last year were numerous questionable things were going on with our medical staff all season
  25. BleedingGreen93

Lmao take up a roster spot wow fans jump the gun way to fast on players....How they forget he had a very promising rookie year as the 4th WR and was one of our ST standouts....That right there alone puts him ahead of Ms2....
  26. He Stine, are you going to the GB game? Someone said you might
  27. Eagles333

Dr. Dhanota, Chief Medical Officer

This was a self-made problem the Eagles brought on themselves by replacing the entire medical staff the year before. Hopefully they get these replacements right.
  1. Load more activity