All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. cunninghamtheman

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

FL have you never been married man? Tons of planning goes into a wedding. Tons of stress from all angles. Who gets invited? Who sits where? What family drama unfolds? Where to have the rehearsal dinner? Where to have the wedding? What to wear? Where to go on a honeymoon? Where do all these people stay? When can you have the wedding? Meeting relatives from her family and vice versa. A wedding is a major event. So much involved without even mentioning coming up with vows. And I had a special encouraging note with a beautiful bouquet with words of encouragement sent to her on that special day right before hand. But it was stressful...and nerve racking and.....
  3. VaBeach_Eagle

Daks Agent wants $34m per year

So, how about Nick Foles? Better than Dak?
  4. Today
  5. No on starter. All I was thinking was: 'IF' JJAW is on the field at the same time as Julian Love is, he's gonna eat him alive.
  6. bwestbrook36

Over rated Head Coaches ?

Martz was horrible, he looked good with a hall of fame LT, RB, 2 wide receivers and a QB. Martz didn't do squat after he lost his hall of fame cast. Martz didn't do squat after he took over and didn't do squat for any other team he coached after except get his QB killed with his 7 step drop offense. Vermeil took over the Chiefs and ended up with another prolific offense.
  7. EagleJoe8

Gotcha. I don’t think highly of Switzer either.
  8. GreenbleedinFL

IDK,someone is getting paid too much for this. We are talking in most cases less than a 2 year average age difference.27 is now apparently "antique" age? Nice of you to post that however.Alot of our age factor has to be Peters,likewise Brady for the Pats.OH then he says well that's 116 years between high and low.This is comical to me,trying to make more out of it than it is because thats also 116 years more NFL experience.Depends on your perspective
  9. Eagles9193

I’m saying this for controversy more then anything BUT Vermiel ? Did wonders with Eagles, and may have won a SB if he had draft picks in his first few years BUT that 99 rams team was Martz brains on offense
  10. GreenbleedinFL

Our talented guys were injured at alot of positions,IDK how you can be disappointed that we did what we did with 2nd and 3rd stringers
  11. Eagles9193

I hold Switzer in low regard, same with u and Gruden apparently So I was curious
  12. GreenbleedinFL

LMAO marriage is not a distraction,DATING WAS.IDK how many "responsibilities" you can have making 22 mil a year and now he has a partner always pulling for him,to me thats not a distraction,that is a relief of same
  13. GreenbleedinFL

He's still a d8ickhead.Big difference to me in 'challenging" someone and outright hatred(see Djax).And BTW Djax is sick of his crap too
  14. Boss Hawg

I was going to add McVay only because it seems the NFL loves him. Now he's the main reason NFL teams are trying to find that next young innovator of offense.
  15. UK_EaglesFan89

Funnily enough as soon as I read the thread my first thought was of McVay. I think he's actually a good coach but the hype he gets and the attention he gets is ridiculous. He's a good young HC but actually what he does isn't revolutionary or anything.
  16. I guessed wrong. Here it is! https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-nfl-teams-age-after-53-man-cutdowns-2018-edition/
  17. bwestbrook36

Yeah never heard of Switzer as being overrated. Everyone knew he won because of Jimmys team.
  18. cunninghamtheman

Obviously you can point to the extra games and work that was put in during the Championship season. It wore down bodies. Guys had to play injured to bring home the Lombardi. So we limped into last season even.
  19. cunninghamtheman

Last season we really seemed to have mismanagement of injury. It’s a physical game. Injuries happen. But Hollins, Sproles, Clement, Carson and Jones just doesn’t seem like their injuries were handled properly. I’m sure there are others I’m not thinking of off the top of my head. We hired a new head of medical...so maybe there is something to that.
  20. cunninghamtheman

I did see on BleedinGreen.com that we have more unranked college prospects than five star ones. Not sure how much that really matters. Braxton Miller was a five star QB...Lane was a 0 star QB. Braxton shouldn’t make the team. Lane is potential All Pro.
  21. Well you can't plan on injuries and the Eagles have had their fair share in the last two years. That is one thing that has gotten worse since Chip Kelly has left. Of course the average age of the team has probably gotten older as well. More talented but also older. I never looked up that info so I am just assuming. Maybe someone could do that to see if there is any correlation.
  22. The Norseman

Beat me to it
  23. cunninghamtheman

My expectations are sky high for this season. I’m not just going to be modest and be ho hum about it. Last season was disappointing. We were better team than sneaking in the playoffs through the backdoor. And we had to do that with the lesser talented guys, really. So this year we need to get out of the gates fast. I believe in the advantages of home field come playoff time. And the advantages of earning a first round bye week. Being in that position from the beginning gives benefits. Being the front runner you can rest that injured guy a bit more. It gives you more options. That includes in individual games and as the season long journey is undertaken. Not overusing the star players so we can have them fresh down the home stretch.
  24. EagleJoe8

You could flip a coin. Both largely benefitted from what the previous regime had mostly built, but if I had to choose between those two, I guess I’d side with Gruden. Not sure why Switzer was who you settled on for a 2nd choice. I don’t recall defending Switzer.
  25. cunninghamtheman

Every bit of motivation is welcome. He tore his knee up and got married. I’m very happy for him to find a life partner. But it’s distracting. Just no denying all the pressures and responsibilities that come with getting married. This offseason it should be all about the career. No doubt the big new contract brings those responsibilities as well.
  26. Knowledge is central to mission success. A person who views the world at age 66 the same way he did at age 36 has probably wasted 30 years of his life!
  1. Load more activity