All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. cunninghamtheman

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Chris Simms said he has noticed Wentz puts a bunch of torque on his arm with his throwing motion. Suggesting that he had heard rumors of Wentz having to manage elbow swelling or issues.
  3. VeeMak

The 2002 to 2004 Defense is the Goal

2002-2004 defense doesn’t work in 2019. JJ was a master at blitzing, not only schemes but had a brilliant feel for when to blitz. And in that era, corners could play physical and BDawk could be weapon X. Trotter would have a hard time seeing the field in the spread out cupcake version of football that is being played in this era. And blitzing a lot doesn’t work in this era of offensive football (yes double entendre intended). Drew Brees was better against the blitz (@120 QB rating) than when he faced no pressure. When teams get into the playoffs against better QB’s there aren’t too many blitz packages that can be disguised well enough to fool the veterans. We need be healthy, beat the one on one matchups in the trenches, keep the play in front of the DBs, and stay healthy. We also need to stay healthy. Staying healthy would be nice too. No injuries. Did I mention, healthy would be good?
  4. mr_hunt

Concerning DirecTV

go chop those trees down, brah. and be sure to park your truck nearby!
  5. bwestbrook36

Concerning DirecTV

He is saying he jailbroke his firestick watching YouTube videos. And YouTube tv does get nbc sports Philly. They all do except direct TV now.
  6. UK_EaglesFan89

Jeff Fisher Says He Misses Coaching, Players

I'm sure he does miss it. Doubt anyone misses him though.
  7. The strip sack was prior to the 2 minute warning. We were up 5 at the time ... then we ran 3 times after that just to get a FG to go up 8. NE made a mistake and called time out just before the 2:00 warning, which could have allowed Doug to pass on 2nd down because the clock would have stopped anyway. He chose to run the ball.... giving Brady the ball back with 1:10-20 left was because we couldn't convert on 3rd down (the play after the 2:00 warning)... wasn't really a clock issue as much as the fact that we had to run there to at least take off the next 40 seconds ... the time to go for it was on 2nd down with nothing to lose on an incomplete pass.
  8. Today
  9. We can talk about stopping the run all we want, but we all know that everything is thrown out the window in NFC East games. You can go back 50 years and find lots of games where one team had no business winning the game yet somehow managed to. Bottom line is we need to win them whether or not we stop the run. Like GBFL says, just be up one more point when the whistle sounds.....
  10. cunninghamtheman

I was always a fan of Sanders. We got a good one. He doesn’t have a ton of experience. But he also hasn’t used up all the tread on his tires. Need to really beat ball security into his brain. Very untimely fumbles at that. But he’s a special runner. And I think he will pickup the receiving part of his game. Can’t wait to see him unleashed!
  11. GreenbleedinFL

My guy is Brett Rypien.This kids gonna be a star
  12. IMO Bryce Love is going to be another Brian Westbrook only faster. It might take him a while to get on the field due to his recover but I see Westbrook every time I watch his highlights.
  13. GreenbleedinFL

Sort of agree,but here's where we differ.You're not gonna stop those RB's,the key is to just slow them down,make some 3rd down plays.Our D isn't terrible,but just to me all we need to do is outscore opponents and we have that ability.Colts/Manning did this for decades with a D much weaker than ours
  14. GreenbleedinFL

I see few holes.Would be nice to add a vet OG somewhere.I agree RB and WR is the best we have had for quite some time. We know Howards role,I want to see how we use Sanders and Clement
  15. GreenbleedinFL

No, yeah,giving Brady 1.30 on the clock means you are at risk of losing.The strip sack saved us from that
  16. GreenbleedinFL

Connor Barwin coming back??????
  17. Yeah.. again... don't think a RB will make the difference for Washington and the Giants. I agree we need to take those 4 gimme games for big picture... to give an advantage for home field vs the real competition.
  18. PoconoDon

Jeff Fisher Says He Misses Coaching, Players

I'd hire him...if I hated my QB.
  19. VaBeach_Eagle

Concerning DirecTV

I don't believe YouTube gets NBC Sports Philadelphia, does it? For me, that's a deal breaker.
  20. cunninghamtheman

No way around dealing with the division. That’s six games. We need five wins out of that. And you can’t play at home in the postseason without winning your division. We know the Skins and giants will play is harder than anyone else all season. Can’t take those games for granted. That game in dallas seems to be the biggest game consistently. We owe the cowboys a debt. Very focused on that.
  21. Idk... while the division is the first step. I don't really obsess or measure our team within the division. Not sure Washington will have the OL, Giants might not stop us on any drives, ... so not sure their RBs can carry enough of the load by themselves. Dallas is a decent team, playing a tough schedule after they start out 3-0. But if we don't win all 4 vs Wash and Giants, that's pretty bad, I don't care if they have Jim Brown, Walter Payton or any other RB back there. While I do like the addition at LB, I like the additions at DT more. I think that helps vs the run more in general, especially within our system. You got 2 guys a little annoyed and ready to prove themselves, and the dude from Indy and Hester behind them fighting for a spot. Should be much improved up the middle now.
  22. cunninghamtheman

It’s predominantly a Nickle and Dime age. But to win in our division we need some dominant good old 4-3 run stopping. All three opponents have spent heavy investment in their RB. That’s six games vs strong rushing attacks. Don’t sleep on the Skin’s Guice. And Peterson broke off that mega run on us last year. Barkley and Elliott are the engines of their offenses. If we come up with an elite run stuffing D this season the East is ours for the taking.
  23. DaveSpadaro

Jalen Mills

Here is what I see short term at cornerback: Darby and Maddox outside with Mills pushing. Jones/LeBlanc inside. Douglas a fourth CB. That is, assuming Darby returns to full health. The advantage Darby and Maddox have is their ability to run. They match up better against speed than do Mills and Douglas. At safety, the starters are Malcolm and Rodney. Sendejo is the third S. Countess will have a shot as a S/CB backup. I don't want to look long term at either position. The Eagles will have some contract decisions to make and, of course, performance will dictate the actions taken. I like the CB situation a lot and I think S is much better with Sendejo here and I happen to think Countess can really help.
  24. Bacarty2

Concerning DirecTV

Firestick YouTube jailbreak 40 dollars per tv and 15 minutes of youtube videos and everything was free.
  25. Injuries will always be a question. Not sure why you would question our WR or our RB position. They are as strong as they have ever been. I am not sure we will use a 3rd LB much this year. It seems most teams are using a hybrid player that plays DB more than LB because of all these 3 and 4 WR sets. Anyone will be an improvement over Hicks if he can stay healthy. We all know Hicks could not.... I choose to look at the positives DWD.... I think we will all learn more once TC has arrived...
  26. practice, practice, practice.
  27. Pallidrone

Concerning DirecTV

So an update on Vue. Downloaded Windscribe from the Amazon APP Store and it looks like they updated it. I was able to start it up, select a city (which you could not do before) and then connect. Once connected Vue saw that I was in that city. This makes it a lot easier to run now. I dont have Roku but I do have the Nvidia shield, which I will try it out on later on today.
  1. Load more activity