All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. GreenbleedinFL

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

Twice and with another for 12 years lol
  3. EagleJoe8

Daks Agent wants $34m per year

Minor point, but Kyle Orton played that week 17 game against us in 2013.
  4. EagleJoe8

Over rated Head Coaches ?

I don’t think Dungy is all that great, but I can’t say Gruden is far superior either. Gruden won with the team Dungy largely built. Gruden is supposed to be a great offensive mind, but when is the last time he was instrumental in developing a QB?
  5. downundermike

So he was better than his one good season the next season ?? Oh those pesky facts claim another victim.
  6. ilikepargo

First name that came to my mind - even before I clicked into the thread.
  7. EagleJoe8

That’s exactly why I wouldn’t consider Switzer. I don’t know if any contingent of people who hold him in high regard to begin with.
  8. VaBeach_Eagle

2017: 265/440 60.2% 3,296 YDS 33 TDs 7.5% 7 INTs 1.6% 253.5 YPG 101.9 Passer Rating 2018: 279/401 69.6% 3,074 YDS 21 TDs 5.2% 7 INTs 1.7% 279.5 YPG 102.2 Passer Rating
  9. cunninghamtheman

Duce has his hands full getting the rookie up to speed. My biggest concern has been ball security. But his pass blocking is a key area he has to improve. This might be even more important actually. Have to protect the franchise QB. And he needs this skill to be relied on in multiple situations. He hasn’t had much work I’m receiving. He looks like he can handle pass catching fairly naturally to me. So I don’t think this will be a problem. Just needs reps and experience. But the pass blocking he needs all levels to improve. He just can’t be out there but so often until he can prove himself as a reliable and willing pass blocker. That will be the key to his playing time.
  10. Stephen1

That’s a very limited sample size from Foles.
  11. gch

You cant say Wentz can carry a team on his shoulders either because he had one very good MVP season. I think of QB’s Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Young, Montana. Those guys find ways to win games when they shouldn’t. Dak has beat Philly in the 4th quarter 4 times. I believe 3 of them were with wentz playing. 2016 playoffs Dak had a better game then Rodgers but Rodgers found a way to win on the last drive. Remember Rodgers was hurt and wasn’t going to play. That’s were Wentz falls short as well. Romo played with broken ribs and a collapsed lung and he was not an elite QB and Dak isn’t either until he takes that next step If your elite you still play hurt sometimes. Last year when Wentz came out you could see the team chemistry change when Foles took over. The team played so much better with Foles and that says something. So before you start putting other QB’s down, you may want to see if your QB can even finish a season.
  12. The preseason is necessary for the guys with talent who got a raw deal in recruiting when they were 18-years-old. All removing two games does is help the blue bloods and allow incompetent GM’s to stick by their lousy draft picks. Without the full preseason guys like Corey Clement, Wes Walker, and Kurt Coleman’s hard work might have gone unnoticed. That would have been a shame.
  13. July Heat is Coming!

14. SBorBust

Tony Dungy. It’s not close. The fact that people name Gruden and we all understand Gruden to be superior to Dungy is all you need to know. No list of overrated coaches/managers would be complete without Joe Torre.
  15. Today
  16. skippyx

B O B wins this easy. He is lucky to still have a job. They lost out on the bye in 2018 because of a week 2 loss to the Titans (11-5 instead of 12-4) They did not cover the gunner on a punt, so the punter audibled into a fake punt for a TD B O B let his players hang out on the sidelines in street clothes JD Clowney got a 15 yarder for yelling at Tenessee players on a Titans scoring drive. They lost that game by 3 points 20-17 Half the Titans points came directly from the Texans coaches
  17. gch

Romo was not clutch in the playoffs. He never played well in the playoffs and just couldn’t close out games.
  18. skippyx

Foles is 16-8 in December / January Romo was 21-26 This is your Bus with Romo as the driver
  19. skippyx

Bus drivers are not #3 on this list https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_single_season.htm and #6 on this list https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career_playoffs.htm and #25 on this list https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_single_season_playoffs.htm Bus Divers do not have 3 of these:
  20. skippyx

2006 Snap-fu Shenanigans cost his team a playoff win in Seattle 2007 Romo blows a home game vs the Giants who go on to win the Super Bowl Misses a wide open TO on a slant that winds up as a FG instead of a TD in a 4 point loss 2008 Silver Linings Playbook Time - 8-4 record going into December 1-3 down the stretch 44-6 loss in the week 17 play-in game 2009 Romo wins his first playoff game in a home blowout He leads his team to 3 points in Minnesota the next game 2011 The Cowboys were 7-4 going into December Romo led them to 1-4 the rest of the way 2012 The Cowboys were 8-6 with 2 games left 2 losses give the division to RG3 DC (including the week 17 play-in game) 2013 Dallas is 7-5 going into December 1-3 the rest of the way including losing to the Eagles in the week 17 play-in game
  21. VaBeach_Eagle

This season will tell a lot for Nick, but I think he's much more than a bus driver QB. I don't say that as a fan of his because of the Super Bowl, I say it as fan of his since 2012. This can be said of any QB of course, but if allowed to play to his strengths and not forced to change for a system, I think he's one of the best of the current starters. Definitely in the top 10. After all, the man has a statue!
  22. skippyx

The Romo stuff is funny. (like pathetic and ignorant kinda funny) His first playoff loss was because he could not hold the snap. His second playoff loss was because he missed a wide open TO over the middle by throwing the ball behind him. He was known for being awful in week 17 do or die games. He had a resume a mile long regarding all of his pressure game failures. His only legit playoff win in his entire career was Donny McNabb's Philly funeral in 2009. (year 6 of his career) His only other playoff win 6 years later was a party-bus aided loss-turned-win with a legit flag picked up for America's team. This was not a missed call like the Saints-Rams NFCCG. This was the correct call made on the field and the refs huddled up and decided against eliminating the Cowboys on a penalty Until January 2014 when he was 34, his career playoff passer rating was in McNabb country (very low 80s) Wentz is a 3 year player who was a lock for league MVP leading his team to an 11-2 record with a 100+ rating in year 2 before he got hurt. Romo did not throw a single pass until year 3. Proven playoff and pressure game choker vs an unknown with unlimited potential. Gee, it must just be Romo persecution. 😄
  23. Yesterday
  24. Stephen1

I don’t think Barry is overrated because nobody and I mean nobody gives him Any credit...and I can’t say he deserves any...so he wouldn’t be on the list. Brian Billick comes to mind ....
  25. Stephen1

As of now, yes. I think both are bus driver qb’s and I give Foles the edge based off that SB run and MVP run that said, long term, i’m taking Dak
  26. cunninghamtheman

Floral arrangements, catering, cake, DJ....head still spinning just even thinking about it now He77 yeah Wrangler!!! Congrats buddy!
  27. cunninghamtheman

I did destination wedding to the mountains(out by Thomas Jefferson’s home in the Shenandoah).So much more planning. So much pressure also because it was at an old historic plantation. Plus getting married is a huge step. Sometimes I wonder if I lost my mind...and what was I thinking LOL
  28. Pallidrone

Dak does that on purpose to show how good he is.Rodgers took 9 years to get 14 game winning drives while it only took Dak 3 years. I am telling you Dak should be the first $50 million a year QB.
  1. Load more activity