All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Pallidrone

Daks Agent wants $34m per year

They should pay him $40 million or more a year fully guaranteed.
  3. The Norseman

All Time QB rankings... Do championships matter?

Here's a fact, our Backup QB beat you in the Superbowl Here's another one, your QB kisses his kid on the lips And one more, even after appeal, Brady was suspended for deflating footballs and cheating Now, that's embarrassing.
  4. boogyman

Marino going 16-0
  5. The Linc has great sight lines all around. No obstructed views and the upper level isn't so high that you're too far away and the players look tiny.
  6. Today
  7. This guide to attending an Eagles game might also be helpful.
  8. Apologist? Never. Defender of the Wall. Don't want to get into it, then don't. It's the off-season, camp hasn't started... So meh... A few rounds of this and that won't hurt... But if you do get into the mix, bring something to the table besides accusations. As for the ops question, rings do matter. They should be considered when evaluating the career of a QB. Nothing should be parsed in a vacuum though. That's why it's ok to not place a guy like dilfer with one ring over a guy like Dan Marino or Jim Kelly.
  9. The Norseman

oh great, another apologist Pats fan that's going to try to debunk both science and fact to convince others that Brady didn't cheat. Can't wait to go through this again.
  10. VaBeach_Eagle

NBA? Not since the Bullets won the Championship. NCAA? Not since the Terps won the Championship.
  11. Yeah, quite more than 'some'!
  12. Captain F

Stole this from reddit, but it paints the picture perfectly.... The stat that inspired me to write this up is actually a combination of 2 stats. There's the common viewpoint that Dak doesn't throw the ball downfield so I decided to look into that. In terms of intended air yards (average distance of all pass attempts without YAC) he is 23rd in the NFL with 7.6 IAY. Derek Carr is last with 6.3. Jameis Winston is first with 10.9. That's not great but there are guys like Roethlisberger and Brees that are actually below him in this category. So statistically speaking, he throws the ball downfield more than those guys. On the surface that doesn't look so bad. Then I looked at average time to throw. Dak is 3rd in the NFL at an average of 2.96 seconds to throw. Drew Brees is the fastest at 2.56 seconds. Josh Allen is the most at 3.18. So I grouped some people up. Of all 12 QBs with an average of 2.75 seconds and above to throw, only 3 of them have less than 8 IAY. Those three are Dak Prescott, Blake Bortles, and Brock Osweiller. The 9 that have above 8 IAY are Baker Mayfield, Aaron Rodgers, Josh Allen, Jared Goff, Deshaun Watson, Sam Darnold, Pat Mahomes, Alex Smith, and Russell Wilson. Of all 18 QBs that are below 8 IAY, only 3 take more than 2.75 seconds to throw. Those three are, once again, Dak Prescott, Brock Osweiller, and Blake Bortles. The other 15 QBs are Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Nick Mullens, Carson Wentz, Andrew Luck, Ryan Tannehill, Eli Manning, Cam Newton, Kirk Cousins, Matthew Stafford, CJ Beathard, Marcus Mariota, and Case Keenum. So what does this tell me? Well when you're in a group with Bortles and Osweiller and no one else, that's usually not a good thing. But it tells me that Dak's number 1 problem as a QB is his inability to read a defense. It's not just the fact that he holds on to the ball too long, and it isn't just the fact that he's afraid to throw it down field. Some QBs hold on to the ball because they're 7 step drop players and they like to throw it deep (guys like Mahomes and Goff) then there are QBs that check it down quite a bit but make such fast reads that they're never getting sacked and they're constantly moving the chains (Brees and Brady). But then there are guys like Dak, Brock, and Bortles. Guys that are holding onto the ball like a 7 step drop QB but checking it down like a west coast QB. Dak takes too long to read a defense and stares down one receiver until it's too late. Witten pretty much said as much during the Monay night game when he called Dak a "one read QB."
  13. Captain F

Didn't Dak set a record in 2017 for most consecutive pass attempts under 15 yards? It was some crazy number, like 140 or something. Easy to have a high completion ratio when you check down every single play.
  14. Never ever! LOL The more I'm around some people, the more I wanna be around my dog LMAO
  15. That's a big reason why I still follow this board. Everyone who ever posted on here has educated me in some way
  16. Nice expression GB! Can never have too much knowledge. Still so many more things I'd like to learn
  17. That's good stuff Wrang! Ditto here
  18. was Brady out there taping on the sidelines with a camera during spygate? No. The phone in deflategate ... you do realize that the League had the phones of every one involved not named brady? So they had access to all the texts or calls he sent to any one possibly involved... and you got what? Moron 1 calling Moron 2 dorito dink So again I ask - What evidence? There is none.
  19. Hefty Smurf

I think it ends up around 30 a year. Dallas has actually been doing a decent job of managing the cap since the Dez fiasco. He was a bigger mistake than Romo IMO. Dak is going to be paid and I think they find a way to keep Zeke and Cooper. Jones will be let walk. Collins will be let go as well. They have drafted offensive line depth and developed some young guys who will step in those spots. It will get pretty dicey, but they will move enough money to make it work.
  20. Utebird

Wow really, how bout the tapes that were destroyed by the league. Why would the league destroy evidence? As for deflategate if brady had nothing to hide why did he destroy his phone records? Theres two possibilities? 1 they are covering their tracks 2 they are idiots Which is it?
  21. Utebird

I like Dak, i think hes a solid dude, having said that i think hes a qb that needs alot of pieces around him to be sucessful, having said that whats that put his value at as a qb?
  22. And another one bites the dust.... Like I say...a bunch of scumbags
  23. Utebird

The league and evidence disagree with you.
  24. boogyman

You serious or trolling?
  1. Load more activity