All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. BleedingGreen93

[News] Early Thinking On Some Roster Battles To Watch

When I look at RB we got our guy of the future in Sanders why we spent a 2nd on him...Then we I look at how we have valued RBs before that we love to bargain pin shop for guys...Whether it is getting UDFA signing(where we have had some success), vet pickups(ie Blount), or trades (ie Ajayi, Howard, Sproles).... Clement could easily see us tender him as well Big year for him I’m probably jumping the gun on him a bit in Scott but I have high hopes for him.
  3. Yesterday
  4. bwestbrook36

Zeke Set To Hold Out Of Training Camp?

Guys hold out all the time. Maybe not as a rookie but, guys looking for their 2nd and 3rd deal hold out every year
  5. boogyman

If he holds out past the 6th or 8th or whatever of August, I think he loses a year of service. I bet the Cowboys hope he does that. They would control him through his prime, could run him into the ground, and then discard him.
  6. "Beam me up coach" lol
  7. cunninghamtheman

Or the trade value could be crap because of a potential lockout and losing a year on the whole class.
  8. cunninghamtheman

If you get rid of the franchise tag that would be huge in changing the landscape. Then guys wouldn’t have to sign for as long term as possible. They could sign a two year contract to see how things work out. And they would know they become a free agent. As far as the compensatory picks: just get rid of it. It’s crap. No need. Add an extra round to the draft. If you get rid of comp picks then these vet free agents can all get jobs without losing several options because they are afraid to lose a draft pick. And they have full steam of a competitive market that way without eliminating potential suitors.
  9. CBA issues.. 1. share of the profits 2. guaranteed contracts 3. Commish control of suspensions 4. 5th year options / length of contracts to where rookies can become FAs 5. Franchise tags 6. 18 game schedules 7. Health benefits etc. for current and retired players I think it starts with the players getting a bigger share first. Brings the cap up. I hope they don't go to 18 games. I'm not a fan of the guaranteed contracts simply because I think the game will suffer with more guys playing just for the check then not performing once they get paid. The signing bonuses put instant money in their pocket that gives them more than 1 year pay. I'm all for better health benefits, and any other benefit for the retired players. I don't care about hte commish having total control of the suspension... he is the commish and is team neutral which is the idea. It's not players vs owners for me when it comes to fines and suspensions, it's treat the player from all teams the same. Franchise tags/5th year options ... IDK, I think the team that drafts you need to be able to control your rights as they develop you. I'm ok with the 4 years... maybe allow just one franchise tag year per player. Or ... somehow work it in where the player can get paid more from the current team without counting against the cap, this would allow team control via a sign and trade .... or else the player can go play somewhere else if that other team chooses to pay him and have it count all vs the cap? IDK, I like players to be able to play where they want, but the teams that draft them should have some kind of control/compensation if they leave. I'd probably change the comp pick system to where it only counts if you had that player under contract for 3 or 4 years. The idea was for teams losing their drafted players to free agency.... not this one year signing crap that New England has mastered. If they change this, those 2nd tier guys would all be signed earlier. Too many games being played to bend the rules...etc. Then like you guys say, just make the draft 8 rounds, with a few legit comp picks thrown in, not the full 32. I'll throw another one in..... a player with 10 years of service ... take $1 mil away from his cap hit. Dude signs for league minimum plus the extra $1mil. This way these guys who can legit play get first crack at jobs over the UDFA guys because teams won't have to use extra cap space for them. The league needs continuity, while the 22 year olds are better athletes ... the 32 year olds know how to play the game. Teams like SF and Washington used these experienced older vets in the 80s/90s to keep their team playing at a high level... the play was less sloppy IMO. Anything that leads to more continuity with players being able to stay on one team longer is better for the sport. Familiarity with a system, playing longer with the same guys ...etc. Leads to less mistakes. The game and the fans benefit from that.
  10. Teleporters for every NFL team - problem solved!
  11. Correct, as I brought up in my original post .... that would have to be an option to avoid a long flight back ..... now say they use that once ..... 6 more road games to go. So lets say "scheduling" works with them to do it 3 more times to the 8 road games .... so they have to come over for 4 two week road trips? You are a free agent... you want to sign with a team that has to prepare 4 times at a different practice facilty and spend all that time away from your own bed/gym/cafeteria/home/ practice field ....etc? Still you have a minimum of 4 long flights to the first game...and 4 long flights back home ... not to mention travel to the 4 other games. What happens on a Thursday night game? Regardless of where it is? I believe the movie Roller Ball had teams in a league from across the globe... remember when the Tokyo team got Moon Pie with that shot to the head and left him in a coma... gave James Kahn that extra motivation similar to Rocky being able to realistically absorb repeated 1700lbs of pressure shots to the head from Drago after Apollo was killed. Great stuff for fiction.
  12. Right, that's why next year ... with the unknown going forward, we could see the last year of the 5th year options for 1st round picks!
  13. Those 2 things and a bigger cut of the take. Just how much that changes the game we'll see. As far as overseas games, they will continue, most likely increase and teams based in other countries will eventually happen. I will continue it's stealing money from the pockets of working people here.
  14. cunninghamtheman

I’m sure they want to dispose of the franchise tag as well.
  15. cunninghamtheman

Not to keep pushing something that isn’t happening right away anyway but....we had two west coast road games back to back and stayed out there and didn’t fly home. I think a London team could get special scheduling help and get back to back road games often to counter travel times. They maybe even could come up with a US practice facility setup. But I think expansion of international games is where we are at right now. I expect a Berlin annual game coming. Maybe get a Japan and Australia game in(talk about flight time). It’s more than just concessions and ticket sales at a single game. It’s growing the brand.
  16. This is a good thing. That he wasn't an Aritha Franklin fan is a bad thing. She could've taught him to spell.
  17. One of the things the players want in the new CBA is no 5th yr option
  18. As far as RB .... Sanders will be under contract... I also assume we give Clement the 2nd round tender, so he should be here too. That's two steps ahead of where we were going into 2017 draft. With all the picks and UDFAs, yeah, I assume we get a RB or two. Thinking with pick 32 they keep their trend .... OL, DL ... small shot at WR & CB. One thing that will be curious... the trade value of the late first round picks next year. With the new CBA coming, might be extra value there for that 5th year option? But that's next year. 2019 is about to start baby... HOLLA!
  19. Who do we like in the 2021 draft? Are we in position to get that guy? I wish I had this knowlege of knowing where all these guys are going to be drafted already.... also knowing all the other players who may or may not step up. Which players may remain in college ...etc. How our roster will look like before the draft ...etc. Long ways away, we have a SB to win first.
  20. Stine, correct! Flight from London to Bostn is 7:30 .. the shortest flight. (not even a divison opponent) The west Coast brings is like 10 plus hours... Indy was the longest due to no direct flight, but I assume would come back to around 9 to 10 hours if there was? You got the point though ... but I'm just making it even further... it's not a mere 6 hour flight here. 3 additional hours ... 9 hours to the nearest divisional opponent. When you need to travel both to and from ... there is a big difference between ... 3 hour flights to 6 hour flights ...and 6 hour flights to 9 hour flights. Changing time zones ... not just our normal 3 hour difference from East to West ... but 5 to 8 hours from USA to London. It's not that simple... no matter how much ... MONEY TALKS!
  21. GreenbleedinFL

https://ragincajuns.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6908 Want to keep an eyeball on this guy this season(Ragas)
  22. GreenbleedinFL

Assuming we do well this year I highly doubt we would be in a position to draft him.I see us going fairly early on one though not round 1 where Taylor should go unless Howard shows us he is the back he once was.It would take alot of draft capital to move up for him
  23. GreenbleedinFL

He was being eased out in Chicago.He took a contract where he could play more on a potential SB team(here).We got him at a good price on a show me deal.If he performs as I think he will,I see no reason not to sign him for a longer term.But we shall see.At worst he is a temp to get Sanders into the fold.Having Howard,Sanders as a 1/2 punch and Clement as a third down COP back would suit me just fine for as long as they can be effective Like that kid from Georiga also early on
  24. Gregg

The way that the current CBA is setup, holding out is nearly a thing of the past. The player has very little to no leverage.
  25. BleedingGreen93

Well it started with us talking about the NFL expanding playing games overseas since they have been playing in London, trying to get games in Mexico...Have had games in Canada....Even heard rumors of us trying for games in China and Germany in the future.....But since apparently because we want to play a few games overseas and try and increase our market we must put a franchise in every place we play lol
  1. Load more activity