Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

voodoochile75

San Antonio Eagles Fans

My condolences for ending up in this hellhole.

If you're looking for a place to hang out your best bet is Fatso's on Bandera, it's where I've found the most fans in one place.

If the games on at my house the door is wide open for anyone and everyone and we encourage bringing kids if you got 'em. Sometimes I'll make it out to Fatso's to hang with my good friends Tony and Rick and the other guys.

wholesale phil and I are known to hang out and talk about the woes of being this far from the motherland, have a few drinks and just play cards or watch the kids tempt injury... even if there isn't a game.

No matter what you choose to do, have fun, stay true to the green, and GO BIRDS!!!!!!!

just wanted to bump this up.

we move in about two weeks.

caught up with a couple guys in the area already.. that takes alot of the ache out of moving down there. the #1 thing I was bothered with it was being the only Eagle fan everywhere.

I'm now full on planning our move to San Antonio.

It will happen before the start of preseason.

I need to know if any fellow fans are down there....even if only 1.

The only part about moving down there I hate is having to be so far away from my team and my fanmates.

I may prove to be a valuable acquaintance or friend.  I intend on installing satellite and purchasing the NFL ticket every season to watch every game.

I intend to have batches of Amoroso rolls shipped in.

every game I cook for whoever decides to come over... we pretty much maintain and open door policy for eagles fans that may find their way to us.

Anyway, hope to meet up with any or all of you at some point when I get down there.  I really look forward to taking in massive amounts of Captain Morgan's and running around the streets of my neighborhood with my Eagle flag when we take a Super Bowl.

5942149[/snapback]

6520693[/snapback]

Yo!

I have just moved to San Antonio from Seattle. I am originally from the Philly area but have lived in Seattle for the past 14 years. Luckily for me, I found a good group of Philly transplants to watch Eagles games with every Sunday. I was hoping to find the same in Cowboy territory. Keep me posted as to your plans for Sundays.

The only part about moving down there I hate is having to be so far away from my team and my fanmates.

I may prove to be a valuable acquaintance or friend.  I intend on installing satellite and purchasing the NFL ticket every season to watch every game.

every game I cook for whoever decides to come over... we pretty much maintain and open door policy for eagles fans that may find their way to us.

Anyway, hope to meet up with any or all of you at some point when I get down there.  I really look forward to taking in massive amounts of Captain Morgan's and running around the streets of my neighborhood with my Eagle flag when we take a Super Bowl.

5942149[/snapback]

Ill bring the beer. Havent heard from you in awhile. I am still going to run that money fantasy league if youre stll interested. What are Amoroso rolls? Ive never heard of them. If you need anytihng when you get here then let me know. Ill be more than happy to help. Info on the area or whatever. Just let me know. ANything for a fellow Eagles fan. worthy.gifEagle_smiley.jpg

San Antonio is major Cowboy territory. I just got back from there and all I saw was Dallas stuff and even the malls have Dallas Cowboys stores. It was terrible. One store was hald Terrell Owens merch... HALF and this store was pretty big.

well, we're here in Cibolo (just outside San Antonio).

so am I to take it that there is no officially sanctioned Eagles group here?

we'll have to work on that.

believe it or not for the most part everyone I've met pretty much couldn't care less about the Cowboys. Go figure.

One guy said he's damned them after Landry.

So we'll have to get organized down here if we can. I can make up some official shirts and decals if we wish.

I'm going to try and get there. I'm definitely not liking the prices for tickets though.

I might have to wait and see if I get a ticket for my birthday, but that's not until Sept. 4th. I start work on Monday, after a couple weeks I should get an idea of what I'm going to be bringing in and might just buy a ticket before.

I don't know. I do know I want to get there, because I really don't want to have to go to Dallas to see the birds.

I'm going to try and get there.  I'm definitely not liking the prices for tickets though.

I might have to wait and see if I get a ticket for my birthday, but that's not until Sept. 4th.  I start work on Monday, after a couple weeks I should get an idea of what I'm going to be bringing in and might just buy a ticket before.

I don't know.  I do know I want to get there, because I really don't want to have to go to Dallas to see the birds.

6608239[/snapback]

Check your PM

Lets all unite and watch the games.  E.A.G.L.E.S    EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

6702074[/snapback]

If you search the boards, there is already a thread for San Antonio.

If you search the boards, there is already a thread for San Antonio.

6710695[/snapback]

and for houston, and for dallas/fw

I'm the one that started the other thread.

All Eagles game will be available for viewing at my house via Sunday Ticket.

I'm just outside SA in Cibolo.

You are not the only eagles fan in san antonio, I am a die hard fan and I have gotten into it with my father in law and best friend who are cowboys fans when our teams play, my girlfriend thinks its funny, I go crazy for every game even last night, I was impressed with the way the starters played, the backups was another story. furious.gif

5942149[/snapback]

Amen to that, I have lived her my whole life, and have met only one other eagle fan, because he is from philly, but I'm not so sure about him, he's not a die hard like me. Eagle_smiley.jpg

6520693[/snapback]

well, it looks like we could get a decent group going. Not sure how old everyone is or anything, but the base is coming together.

I have a buddy of mine who's waiting for his house the get done, but he's down here staying with family. We're both around 30. He's a good fan, but not a lifer like myself. I many only be 30, but I have Eagle stuff from over the years that's older than alot of the younger fans.

I go one step further than "die hard" and refer to myself as an "undying" fan. I didn't go anywhere at 6-10, and I obviously didn't go anywhere at 3-13. Been through alot of bad stretches.

We all went through "terrible" 2005, but we are ready for terrific 2006, by the looks of the starters as long as they stay healthy we will win the NFC east, if they get hurt we are in trouble.

Lets all unite and watch the games.  E.A.G.L.E.S    EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

6702074[/snapback]

What up Tony? You still watchin the game out at Fatsos this seaon? Let me know!

I'm the one that started the other thread.

All Eagles game will be available for viewing at my house via Sunday Ticket.

I'm just outside SA in Cibolo.

6738350[/snapback]

Time and palce my friend. Let me know what i can bring.

Im trying to go to the game as well. The tickets in Houston do seem a bit pricey though. And those are for crap seats. Let me know if you guys are going up there. Maybe we could all ride together since gas prices are so damn high. Get back to me. COWBOYS SUCK