Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daellis99

Philly fans in ATLANTA

That's cool. You had nowhere to go and found just the place.

7246218[/snapback]

I had help.

Are there any Eagles fans down here in the ATL? I know one who attends my church! Everytime we get together we are always discussing the Eagles. As a matter of fact, he went to the Super Bowl in Jacksonville, and he brought me back the seat cushion as a gift. He also flew up to catch T.O.'s return to The Link.

So, if there are any Eagles fans out there living in Atlanta, give me a shout! I live in Kennesaw.

Peace!javascript:emoticon('Eagle_smiley.jpg')

smilie

tim,

You should come down and see us at Rocky Mountain Pizza in Midtown... right across from the GT campus. Me and a few others from the MB go there every week and it's a GREAT Eagles atmosphere. Every week, we have anywhere from 50-100 Eagles fans in the house. Where else in Atlanta can someone wearing a Falcons jersey be booed mercilessly just by walking into the bar? Nowhere.

I know it's a little bit of a drive from Kennesaw, but hell... I drive from Lawrenceville myself and it's completely worth the drive.

If your interested, shoot me a PM and I'll give you some more details. Just try us out one time and you'll be hooked. Just come ready to scream out the fight song and some Eagles chants.

Go Birds...

Philly Boys moved this week. Best cheesesteaks in ATL, if you haven't heard already.

They were down by the Aquarium. That building is coming down to make way for condos. The new one opened up this past week. It's on Howell Mill Rd at Chattahoochee.

Highly recommended.

The best cheesesteaks in Atlanta are at Darlene's in Austell. They got great chicken cheesesteaks and waterice too. Here is the info 5220-C Austell Rd, Austell, GA 30168 PH. (770)-739-7199.

OK.. last year we were watching the games at Sportlines in Marietta on Windy Hill .. but we all know that place sucks for audio .. so what are we doing this year ?

Just recently moved to Atlanta from the DC/MD area looking to watch the games on some sundays when the Eagles are not on national television which will probably be all of five times but I need to see the birds and Direct TV isn't an option for me due to my location...

I just moved 45 minutes north of Atlanta. Went to Rocky Mountain Pizza yesterday. We had a blast, even my girlfriend who doesnt watch football had a blast,

I nearly had a tear in my eye as we ALL sung the fight song after the Eagles TD.

We also all died together as the winning FG was kicked.

I felt like I never left Philly.

Thanks to Hugh and his buddies for sharing their table the place was packed when we got there.

I just moved 45 minutes north of Atlanta. Went to Rocky Mountain Pizza yesterday. We had a blast, even my girlfriend who doesnt watch football had a blast,

I nearly had a tear in my eye as we ALL sung the fight song after the Eagles TD.

We also all died together as the winning FG was kicked.

I felt like I never left Philly.

Thanks to Hugh and his buddies for sharing their table the place was packed when we got there.

Rocky's is cool but if you want to be closer to the northside, check out the Barnacles on 141 north of Pleasant Hill Road across from the St. Ives Country Club in Duluth (Johns Creek). Kinkad from 680 the fan as well as about a hundred other Eagles fans meet there for the games.

The best cheesesteaks in Atlanta are at Darlene's in Austell. They got great chicken cheesesteaks and waterice too. Here is the info 5220-C Austell Rd, Austell, GA 30168 PH. (770)-739-7199.

Not anymore. I have been there 3 times and the first time rocked, went back and they stopped using WIZ, then the third time they had the rap music turned up so freaking loud the 17 year old guy working couldnt hear my order. They place was packed with a bunch of people not ordering but just hanging out with their buddy that supposedly cooks. I wont be back, HOW I WISH things were they way they were the first time. But is there anywhere in COBB,Paulding, or douglas county that Eagle fans hang out in ATLANTA?

Hey Yall

I moved to Atlanta eight years ago and I haven't found a place where the Eagle fans gather. If you know of a place where I can enjoy the game with true Eagle fans please let me know.

Hey Yall

I moved to Atlanta eight years ago and I haven't found a place where the Eagle fans gather. If you know of a place where I can enjoy the game with true Eagle fans please let me know.

Has the south made you that lazy?

Apparantly Atlanta is a hotbed for Iggles fans. There are at least 4 fan clubs in the area.

I personally visited a great spot near Georgia Tech called Rocky Mountain Pizza while visiting my daughter last December. There were about 50 faithful in attendance for a meaningless game,

I had a great time...especially partaking in their unique TD celebration.

Scroll down to the next page of threads to find more info.

Hey Yall

Rocky Mountain Pizza is where its at...10th and Hemphill on the GA Tech Campus...playoff games there are out of control.

To All Philadelphia Eagles in Atlanta,

Want to watch an Eagle's game with some other "Birds"? Have we got the place for you! Varners Tavern in Smyrna! Family friendly bar & grill offering NFL Sunday Ticket in HD on 35 42"flat screen TV's. We have a great group of Philly Fans that like to get together, watch the game, and make some new friends.

We are still meeting at Varner's on Concord Road http://www.varnerstavern.com/ Come out and join us, support your team, show your colors and help us fill the bar. We want to make it an official "Eagle's Bar" and we need your fan support to make it the best Philly Sports Bar. There will be raffles and drawings for fan gear as well as an email list to join and keep you up to date. We are a registered "Eagles Nest" on http://www.eaglesfanclub.com/ We have even set up a new contact email address for the season at--

philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com Click here for email link.

So sign up and receive email reminders on games and updates on current events!

****News on the Philly Community in Atlanta*******

ROY's CHEESESTEAKS

2900 Highlands Parkway

Smyrna, Ga. 30082

Roy has the best cheesesteaks and hoagies I have had since I left Philadelphia. He even has a good selection of our favorite dessert to finish off a cheesesteak -- 'Tastykakes'. Stop by and say hello to Roy (tell him, Andrew and Ryan sent you) and try the best cheesesteak south of Philly. I have taken some Philly Boys over to Roy's and they can attest that Roy has the best cheesesteak they have had since leaving Philly. Roy's is at the corner of Highland Parkway and South Cobb Drive just behind Chick-Fil-A. Just follow your nose, you will find it and be glad you did.

Go Birds

philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com

To All Philadelphia Eagles in Atlanta,

Want to watch an Eagle's game with some other "Birds"? Have we got the place for you! Varners Tavern in Smyrna! Family friendly bar & grill offering NFL Sunday Ticket in HD on 35 42"flat screen TV's. We have a great group of Philly Fans that like to get together, watch the game, and make some new friends.

We are still meeting at Varner's on Concord Road http://www.varnerstavern.com/ Come out and join us, support your team, show your colors and help us fill the bar. We want to make it an official "Eagle's Bar" and we need your fan support to make it the best Philly Sports Bar. There will be raffles and drawings for fan gear as well as an email list to join and keep you up to date. We are a registered "Eagles Nest" on http://www.eaglesfanclub.com/ We have even set up a new contact email address for the season at--

click herephiladelphiaeagles09@gmail.com

So sign up and receive email reminders on games and updates on current events!

****News on the Philly Community in Atlanta*******

ROY's CHEESESTEAKS

2900 Highlands Parkway

Smyrna, Ga. 30082

Roy has the best cheesesteaks and hoagies I have had since I left Philadelphia. He even has a good selection of our favorite dessert to finish off a cheesesteak -- 'Tastykakes'. Stop by and say hello to Roy (tell him, Andrew and Ryan sent you) and try the best cheesesteak south of Philly. I have taken some Philly Boys over to Roy's and they can attest that Roy has the best cheesesteak they have had since leaving Philly. Roy's is at the corner of Highland Parkway and South Cobb Drive just behind Chick-Fil-A. Just follow your nose, you will find it and be glad you did.

Go Birds

philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com

I will be in ATL this weekend, I will check out the place above

Hopefully i can meet some of you guys

I will be in ATL this weekend, I will check out the place above

Hopefully i can meet some of you guys

That would be great! I am having some real South Philly Soft Pretzels flown in for the game this weekend. The bar owner is going to warm them up for us Philly fans!!! We should have a good crowd this week! Ask for Ryan or Andrew when you get to Varner's. We are the organizers.

Looking forward to meeting you.

-R

philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com Cllick Here

That would be great! I am having some real South Philly Soft Pretzels flown in for the game this weekend. The bar owner is going to warm them up for us Philly fans!!! We should have a good crowd this week! Ask for Ryan or Andrew when you get to Varner's. We are the organizers.

Looking forward to meeting you.

-R

philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com Cllick Here

I'm Philly born and raised but have lived in Marietta for 20+ years. Varner's is between where I live (off Dallas Hwy) and where I work. I think this is great and will make an attempt to be there this Sunday for the Rams game. One question: my 14 year old son wants to come; is everyone well behaved or will we see the same nut jobs like at the Thrashers/Flyers games that start fights, throw beer, and give Philly a bad name. I would expect Eagle fans to be loud, but civilized. Is that the case?

Anyone know of a place in middle georgia (Warner Robins/ Macon area) to watch the game at this weekend. I just moved down here last december and i would drive up to atlanta but i have work at 5 and live an hour an a half from downtown, i have yet to find an excuse for my boss to not make me work on sundays, hes a philly guy so hopefully he'll just be cool and understand that sundays are for the birds, but until then i need a place to watch it. Maybe hooters or buffalos will have it, but i doubt it.

Any ideas?

please help me im die hard and need to watch this game

I'm Philly born and raised but have lived in Marietta for 20+ years. Varner's is between where I live (off Dallas Hwy) and where I work. I think this is great and will make an attempt to be there this Sunday for the Rams game. One question: my 14 year old son wants to come; is everyone well behaved or will we see the same nut jobs like at the Thrashers/Flyers games that start fights, throw beer, and give Philly a bad name. I would expect Eagle fans to be loud, but civilized. Is that the case?

Varner's Tavern is Family Friendly place. The fans here are passionate but civil and play well with fans of other teams. No worries, every one is welcome!

There is usually a local cop for security at the front desk. The bar area is 21 and up, smoking is allowed in the bar only. The rest of the restaurant is non smoking and completely separate from the bar. It is a fantastic layout! You got to see it! I personally like the patio. (the patio has 3-4 42" flat screens and tends to be a little more quite)

Philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com Click here for Email link

Send me an email and I can send you an Evite. (we are trying to see how big of a section to reserve for the Eagle fans)

Anyone know of a place in middle georgia (Warner Robins/ Macon area) to watch the game at this weekend. I just moved down here last december and i would drive up to atlanta but i have work at 5 and live an hour an a half from downtown, i have yet to find an excuse for my boss to not make me work on sundays, hes a philly guy so hopefully he'll just be cool and understand that sundays are for the birds, but until then i need a place to watch it. Maybe hooters or buffalos will have it, but i doubt it.

Any ideas?

please help me im die hard and need to watch this game

I do not know of any place to watch the game down there. But if your boss is a true Eagle fan he would drive you up to Varner's Tavern, buy you a beer, and watch the game with you!! HA HA HA!!!! That would be cool! But places like Hooters and Buffalos usually have NFL Sunday Ticket.

We will see all the true Eagles fans tomorrow at Rocky Mountain Pizza (1005 Hemphill St., Atlanta, GA 30318) for kick off! Should be a great season! Go Birds! Less than 24 hours until kickoff...