Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daellis99

Philly fans in ATLANTA

To All Philadelphia Eagles in Atlanta,

Want to watch an Eagle's game with some other "Birds"? Have we got the place for you! Varners Tavern in Smyrna! Family friendly bar & grill offering NFL Sunday Ticket in HD on 35 42"flat screen TV's. We have a great group of Philly Fans that like to get together, watch the game, and make some new friends.

We are still meeting at Varner's on Concord Road http://www.varnerstavern.com/ Come out and join us, support your team, show your colors and help us fill the bar. We want to make it an official "Eagle's Bar" and we need your fan support to make it the best Philly Sports Bar. There will be raffles and drawings for fan gear as well as an email list to join and keep you up to date. We are a registered "Eagles Nest" on http://www.eaglesfanclub.com/ We have even set up a new contact email address for the season at--

click herephiladelphiaeagles09@gmail.com

So sign up and receive email reminders on games and updates on current events!

****News on the Philly Community in Atlanta*******

ROY's CHEESESTEAKS

2900 Highlands Parkway

Smyrna, Ga. 30082

Roy has the best cheesesteaks and hoagies I have had since I left Philadelphia. He even has a good selection of our favorite dessert to finish off a cheesesteak -- 'Tastykakes'. Stop by and say hello to Roy (tell him, Andrew and Ryan sent you) and try the best cheesesteak south of Philly. I have taken some Philly Boys over to Roy's and they can attest that Roy has the best cheesesteak they have had since leaving Philly. Roy's is at the corner of Highland Parkway and South Cobb Drive just behind Chick-Fil-A. Just follow your nose, you will find it and be glad you did.

Go Birds

philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com

Well we had a great crowd a Varner's and the Eagles won! It was a great Sunday! We had over 40 Eagle fans in the bar and the Pretzels from South Philly were a hit! The next Sunday game we will start to raffle some Eagle's Fan ware. We have mugs, shirts, car magnets, and blankets! But for now we have to beat the Cowboys next Monday! I know it's a "school night" but we have a lot of fans that show up just for the first half. That's all we ask. See you guys Monday! :lol::o:o

I do not know of any place to watch the game down there. But if your boss is a true Eagle fan he would drive you up to Varner's Tavern, buy you a beer, and watch the game with you!! HA HA HA!!!! That would be cool! But places like Hooters and Buffalos usually have NFL Sunday Ticket.

HAHA i know right, thats what i would do, but we'll see, sundays are our biggest days at sonnys bbq so i doubt he'll be doing that

HAHA i know right, thats what i would do, but we'll see, sundays are our biggest days at sonnys bbq so i doubt he'll be doing that

Well you have Monday night Football next week, when we play the Cowboys! Come on up and meet some of us! I'll be here....if work dosn't call me in! We had a good crowd last Sunday, it was a BLAST!

Monday night Eagles Vs. Cowboys! The Super Bowl of rivals in the NFL is scheduled for Monday at 8:30pm. Come join us at Varner's Tavern to watch our Eagles stomp the Cowboys in what is predicted to be a close game. Don't sit at home, alone, in your McNabb jersey and scream at the TV.... Get out and join us!

We are going to have 1/2 priced wings and free pool along with special "Philly style" food items for Eagle fans. We know it is a "school night" so if you can only come for the first half, we promise not to make too much fun of you....but do come out for at least the first half!

This is not just football it's EAGLES FOOTBALL!!!!!

Please take a second to let us know if you will be there and how many in your party. If you have any questions call or email us at philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com.

Monday night Eagles Vs. Cowboys! The Super Bowl of rivals in the NFL is scheduled for Monday at 8:30pm. Come join us at Varner's Tavern to watch our Eagles stomp the Cowboys in what is predicted to be a close game. Don't sit at home, alone, in your McNabb jersey and scream at the TV.... Get out and join us!

We are going to have 1/2 priced wings and free pool along with special "Philly style" food items for Eagle fans. We know it is a "school night" so if you can only come for the first half, we promise not to make too much fun of you....but do come out for at least the first half!

This is not just football it's EAGLES FOOTBALL!!!!!

Please take a second to let us know if you will be there and how many in your party. If you have any questions call or email us at philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com.

I don't mean to take business away from you, but Rocky Mountain Pizza is probably the biggest Eagles' bar outside of Philly. What part of town is Varner's in? I'll recommend it to anyone that doesn't find downtown Atlanta convenient for them. I assume you guys make a good steak. I'd love to come check you guys out one day.

Go Birds!!!

Hey Yall

I moved to Atlanta eight years ago and I haven't found a place where the Eagle fans gather. If you know of a place where I can enjoy the game with true Eagle fans please let me know.

Not sure if you've made it to Rocky Mountain Pizza yet, but it's certainly the best place to watch the game if you're an Eagles' fan. I bring some of my friends who are either from Atlanta and don't really care about the Falcons or don't have a favorite team and come out faithfully just because they've never seen ANYTHING like what we have at RMP!

I guarantee if you come out (if you haven't been already) you'll want to be there for EVERY Eagles' game!

Go Iggles!!! Eagle_smiley.jpg

Just recently moved to Atlanta from the DC/MD area looking to watch the games on some sundays when the Eagles are not on national television which will probably be all of five times but I need to see the birds and Direct TV isn't an option for me due to my location...

I assume by now you've found Rocky Mountain Pizza. If not, what the hell's wrong with you?!?! :lol: It's on 10th and Hemphill near GT campus and is THE BEST place in Atlanta to watch an Eagles' game! If I haven't seen you there already, see you this Sunday when we take out our aggression from last night's loss on the Steelers!

Go Birds! Eagle_smiley.jpg

I don't mean to take business away from you, but Rocky Mountain Pizza is probably the biggest Eagles' bar outside of Philly. What part of town is Varner's in? I'll recommend it to anyone that doesn't find downtown Atlanta convenient for them. I assume you guys make a good steak. I'd love to come check you guys out one day.

Go Birds!!!

Yes, I have been to Rocky Mountain Pizza a few times and it is not a bad place to watch the game..... But I like Vanrer's a lot more. It has new flat screen TV's with NFL Sunday Ticket in HD! They also have a great atmosphere, awsome service, and a good location for a the rest of us that don't live in the city. Varner's Tavern is on the North West side of the city (OTP) in Smyrna/Vinings area, 10 mins from 285. Come up and check it out some time. www.varnerstavern.com

Not sure if you've made it to Rocky Mountain Pizza yet, but it's certainly the best place to watch the game if you're an Eagles' fan. I bring some of my friends who are either from Atlanta and don't really care about the Falcons or don't have a favorite team and come out faithfully just because they've never seen ANYTHING like what we have at RMP!

I guarantee if you come out (if you haven't been already) you'll want to be there for EVERY Eagles' game!

Go Iggles!!! Eagle_smiley.jpg

And if Rocky Mountain Pizza is too far into the city for you, Come out to Vaner's Tavern! 10 mins off of 285 in Smyrna! We have raffle's and REAL Philly Soft Pretzels flown in for every Sunday game! If you are not an Eagle fan, still come out! It's a great sports bar/restaraunt!

EAGLES-STEELERS!!! Sunday Eagles Vs. Steelers! It's not just football, it's EAGLES FOOTBALL!!! What an exciting game Monday! We had more Eagle Fan's in Varner's than ever. Over 40 screaming and singing birds flooded Varner's........and we want more!!!! Our Philly Club is growing and we are anticipating an awesome crowd for kick off this Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Kick off is at 4:15 but get their early to secure your seat. We are going to have REAL South Philly soft pretzels with mustard flown in for the game! Also, this will be the first week we start our raffle for Eagles Fan Gear! We have mugs, shirts, and more! So dress in green and bring some friends! If you have any questions email us at philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com. E-A-G-L-E-S!!

Our location is at Varner's Tavern. www.varnerstavern.com/

Read the above post to get an idea of what Varners is like. :lol:

EAGLES-STEELERS!!! Sunday Eagles Vs. Steelers! It's not just football, it's EAGLES FOOTBALL!!! What an exciting game Monday! We had more Eagle Fan's in Varner's than ever. Over 40 screaming and singing birds flooded Varner's........and we want more!!!! Our Philly Club is growing and we are anticipating an awesome crowd for kick off this Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Kick off is at 4:15 but get their early to secure your seat. We are going to have REAL South Philly soft pretzels with mustard flown in for the game! Also, this will be the first week we start our raffle for Eagles Fan Gear! We have mugs, shirts, and more! So dress in green and bring some friends! If you have any questions email us at philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com. E-A-G-L-E-S!!

Hey Guys,

Been living in Atlanta For Years now. usually Hangout at barnacles off of Peachtree industrial. But RMP Sounds like its the Spot. Anyone have an Address. I'll Check youguys out This Weekend.

Hey Guys,

Been living in Atlanta For Years now. usually Hangout at barnacles off of Peachtree industrial. But RMP Sounds like its the Spot. Anyone have an Address. I'll Check youguys out This Weekend.

Depending on where you live, you might also want to check out Varner's Tavern. It's in Smyrna, on the NW side otp. www.varnerstavern.com We have Raffels and Soft Pretzels from Philly flown in for every sunday game. Check out some pictures www.myspace.com/swoopfan :D

Hey Guys,

barnacles off of Peachtree industrial.blvd is the best place and the best thing is it is a Cowgirls bar

Depending on where you live, you might also want to check out Varner's Tavern. It's in Smyrna, on the NW side otp. www.varnerstavern.com We have Raffels and Soft Pretzels from Philly flown in for every sunday game. Check out some pictures www.myspace.com/swoopfan :D

Swoop, do you work there? it looks like RMP is the best, but I was just wondering, cause of all the advertisements... Are you selling stuff, or just giving it away?

I'll be at RMP this Sunday, but was just curious about that other place

Swoop, do you work there? it looks like RMP is the best, but I was just wondering, cause of all the advertisements... Are you selling stuff, or just giving it away?

I'll be at RMP this Sunday, but was just curious about that other place

No, I do not work at Varner's nor am I affiliated with them. I am just a passionate Eagles fan that heads up an Eagle's nest on the NW side of town. Varner's management has been nice enough to invite us to build an Eagles nest in their bar. I have been to RMP and it is fine, I just like Smyrna. I am not selling any thing, just promoting our Eagles nest with raffles, real South Philly soft pretzels, and lots of adds. Now, the raffles are not free. It is usually $2.00/ticket and $5.00/3 tickets', but all the money from the raffle is used for next weeks raffle. The more money, the nicer the raffle next week. So far we have been breaking even on the raffles, but it is all in good fun. We have found a new supplier for our raffles and she has some really cool things! Next weeks raffle is going to have some cool stuff in it. My friend Andrew (former RMP fan) and I are working hard to have a fun place that we can watch the Eagles with other Birds, OTP. We are up to +60 fans now and we are having a blast!!!! :) If you feel like making it OTP for a game, I'll buy you a beer and a pretzel!! Check out the fun we have! www.myspace.com/swoopfan

Go Birds!!!!

-Ryan

Barnacles off of Peachtree industrial has closed down and we are looking for a new bar. A few us are heading down to Rocky Mountain Pizza this weekend to check it out.

Barnacles off of Peachtree industrial has closed down and we are looking for a new bar. A few us are heading down to Rocky Mountain Pizza this weekend to check it out.

If you get a chance, or know any one that lives on the NW side of ATL OTP, come check out Varner's Tavern. We now have Yuengling Lager, real S. Philly Pretzels, Philly fries (plate of fries with cheesesteak meat, onions, and melted cheese), and house cash in our raffle's. www.myspace.com/swoopfan & www.varnerstavern.com . philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com

Yuengling Lager

Thanks for reminding me. The rumors were true and Atlanta finally got a distributor this week. RMP, as well as most corner stores, will now have it available.

We live in Newnan, GA and our local bar decided to stop opening on Sundays...is there anywhere in ATL or closer we could catch the games??

We live in Newnan, GA and our local bar decided to stop opening on Sundays...is there anywhere in ATL or closer we could catch the games??

There are a couple of places for you to watch an Eagles game. If you go to www.eaglesfanclub.com there is a list of places to go. The 2 main ones seem to be Rocky Mountain Pizza (RMP) and Varner's. I think Barnacle's Sports Bar is out of business. Varner's in located off of S. Cobb just 5 miles north from the 285 exit. RMP is more in the city at 10th st and Hemp. I am not sure all of what RMP has but Varner's has real S. Philly soft pretzels, Philly fries, raffles for Eagles fan gear/house cash, and Yuelingling Lager! I have a myspace page if you want to look at some pictures of our group. (you do not need a myspace account to view the pics) www.myspace.com/swoopfan , Click on "Pics" located under the Eagle head on the left. If you have any questions you can email me at philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com