Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daellis99

Philly fans in ATLANTA

We live in Newnan, GA and our local bar decided to stop opening on Sundays...is there anywhere in ATL or closer we could catch the games??

Hey Eagles fan! Hope you've made it into town for a game. Rocky Mountain Pizza is pretty insane when it comes to rootin' for da Birds. :thumbsup: Between the $2 Miller Lites, YUENGLING, and "Eagles" shots for every touchdown, even the most reserved fan can't help but jump on a stranger's back and sing, "Fly Eagles Fly"!

If you're just coming across this page for the 1st time and you HAVEN'T found a great place to watch the game, RMP is definitely the spot! I went to Barnacles in '04 and '05. It was ok, but hit-or-miss since there was never more than 20 fans there. You have NO IDEA how crazy RMP gets when there's a big game (and the Eagles are doin well)!

See ya Burrd fans!

Da Half-Black, Half-Asian... All Amazin!!!

Eagle_smiley.jpg

Not sure if you guys noticed, but the Eagles are fightin' for a chance to get in the playoffs! It was only a few short years back ('06) when EVERYONE thought we were as good as dead! At 5-6, we had to play the Panthers, the Falcons, and the rest of the NFC East. Long story short, we ended up in the playoffs!

Of course, there's a bunch of factors that point toward the chances of us makin it this year being slim and none, but "that's why they play the games!" Hope to see everyone out at Rocky Mountain Pizza Monday night and the rest of the season!

Go Birds!!!

Eagle_smiley.jpg

To All Philadelphia Eagles in Atlanta,

Want to watch an Eagle's game with some other "Birds"? Have we got the place for you! Varners Tavern in Smyrna! Family friendly bar & grill offering NFL Sunday Ticket in HD on 35 42"flat screen TV's. We have a great group of Philly Fans that like to get together (+90), watch the game, and make some new friends.

We are still meeting at Varner's on Concord Road http://www.varnerstavern.com/ Come out and join us, support your team, show your colors and help us fill the bar. We want to make it an official "Eagle's Bar" and we need your fan support to make it the best Philly Sports Bar. There will be raffles and drawings for fan gear as well as an email list to join and keep you up to date. We are a registered "Eagles Nest" on http://www.eaglesfanclub.com/ We have even set up a new contact email address for the season at--

We are going to party this one up! Killer raffle, free shots on touchdowns, and a bar full of Eagle fans! How bout them Birds?! We made it to the Freaking play offs!!!! Come celebrate with us! www.varnerstavern.com

Email us at philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com for an Evite.

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!!

The Vikings (10-6) are up first. Game time is 4:30 Sunday Jan 4th 2009.

We are going to have a big raffle with some cool new items. The pretzels will be there along with free shots on every Touchdown! There will also be food specials for Eagle fans. Dress in Green and bring some friends. See you then! WWW.MYSPACE.COM/SWOOPFAN

11:00

11:00, yea???? I had called this evening (Friday) and they said 12:00. They said there was no need to open earlier as the game is at 3:00.

Eagle_smiley.jpg

Draft Day at RMP.

I don't expect a huge crowd but I have spoken to

a few folks that are interested in grabbing a few

beers on draft Saturday next month. We'll be there...

Atlantadelphia...

Mongo sent me some info on the Charlotte trip this afternoon. I don't think I'm going to make it up since it's week 1, but any others that are - details below.

The Atlanta Fan Club Overnight trip to Charlotte

The package includes the following:

* Roundtrip Motorcoach from Atlanta to Charlotte

* One night hotel accommodations - aloft Charlotte Uptown at the EpiCentre

* Drink specials all weekend

* Upper Level Eagles/Panthers Game ticket

* Hotel Taxes

* The Famous PhillyTailgate.com Tailgate party featuring:

Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers

Hot Dogs

Pulled Pork

Potato Salad

Baked Beans

Various Deserts

Soda, Water, Beer PLUS Bloody Marys and Screwdrivers

The price per person is as follows:

$239.00 - Four people in a room

$249.00 - Three people in a room

$269.00 - Two people in a room

Trip can be booked online at: http://shop.phillytailgate.com/product_p/a...s-panthers.html

One other note... Atlantadelphia is on facebook. Not much there yet, but would like to start getting the crowd together since I'm not capable of managing contacts otherwise.

Search, you guessed it, Atlantadelphia.

One other note... Atlantadelphia is on facebook. Not much there yet, but would like to start getting the crowd together since I'm not capable of managing contacts otherwise.

Search, you guessed it, Atlantadelphia.

Anything cooking for the Dec 6th game here in Atlanta??

Eagle_smiley.jpg

I have xtra tickets available for the Eagles vs Falcons game on Dec. 6 in Atlanta. Face value!! They are sec in 346, rows 10 & 11.

Anyone interested??

Thanks

Eagle_smiley.jpg

I realize everyone on this thread either goes to Varners or Rocky Mountain, but does anyone know of a place in North Gwinnett, Lawrenceville, Buford area? Varners is way too far and Rocky Mountain may be a special trip, but too inconvienent for a weekly trip.

BTW Has anyone checked out the Philly Soft Pretzel Factory in Tucker? NE Philly guy owns it and it is next door to a Ritas.(Pure Philadelphia enjoyment) There is also one in Alpharetta, but that owner is not from Philly and just bought it as an investment and does not really understand what a Philly soft pretzel means, they charge $1.50 for a pretzel(they think they are an Auntie Anns or something.) At the Tucker store I buy a Party Pack of 25 pretzels for $12, comes with a bottle of mustard, every Saturday and my family of four has them all eaten by sunday evening.

Here's the address if anyone is interested.

Philly Pretzel Factory Eagle_smiley.jpg

Shops at Burns Corner

4306 Lawrenceville Hwy.

Suite 100

Tucker, GA 30084

Need to checkout the pretzel place. I stopped by Rita's not to long ago and didn't notice. I may have been to focused on the water ice.

When you go to the pretzel place buy a bunch of them at once, like 10-20. they will make them fresh for you. it only takes 7 minutes. if you buy one or a few they usually have about 10 pre-made at any given time, but they keep them under a heat lamp. In philly it doesn't matter if they sit out for a few hours they still taste great, but it seems like the heat lamps start to make them stale quicker. In speaking with the owner he said people around here are not used to Philly pretzels and expect them to be hot not room temperature as they should be, so they keep them under a heat lamp for the people coming off the street to buy just one or two pretzels.

If you do buy a bunch and don't plan on eating them by the next day the owner will cook however many you want without salt and give you the salt on the side so you can pop them in a zip lock, freeze them, reheat and salt, and then eat at your leisure.

Just a quick note about what is new at Varner's Tavern. We now have a kids table, in the non-smoking area. It includes puzzles, play dough, and coloring books! Parents are welcome to come and watch the game with thier kids. The kids table was a big hit this week so it will be back again! There is also a new game day menu for all fans, this includes real South Philly Soft Pretzels! See pics of us at www.myspace.com/swoopfan Email us at philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com, Our Facebook group is Philadelphia Eagles in Atlanta/Smyrna ( http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.p...id=107629402295 )

Say bye bye to our Bye Week and hello to the rest of our season! Its on now! McNabb is back, Westbrook back, and Trotter is back! Our A-Team is going to dismantle the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this Sunday. I know that some of you many be going thru withdrawal, since we had no game last week. Because of that we really need a head count to make room for everybody. Please RSVP. Thanks

Varner's Tavern is having an Oktoberfest this weekend and special food items on Sunday will include their in house sausage/brauts. I have sampled some of Varner's creations and they are impressive!

Also, don't forget to look up our Facebook group called Philadelphia Eagles in Atlanta/Smyrna: Please join for updates on our Eagles Nest.

I was just in Philly last month and bought a ton of new raffle items. This week we will have 2 raffle's, one for a "big ticket item" and the regular fan gear raffle, (the "grey tickets"). We will have REAL S. Philly pretzels and Philly Fries. The kids play table in the non-smoking section has been a hit and will be there again for all of the kids.

Get there early for a premier seat, dress in green, grab the kids, and call your friends. Everyone is welcome here! Go Birds!

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/SWOOPFAN

WWW.VARNERSTAVERN.COM

Say bye bye to our Bye Week and hello to the rest of our season! Its on now! McNabb is back, Westbrook back, and Trotter is back! Our A-Team is going to dismantle the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this Sunday. I know that some of you many be going thru withdrawal, since we had no game last week. Because of that we really need a head count to make room for everybody. Please RSVP. Thanks

Varner's Tavern is having an Oktoberfest this weekend and special food items on Sunday will include their in house sausage/brauts. I have sampled some of Varner's creations and they are impressive!

Also, don't forget to look up our Facebook group called Philadelphia Eagles in Atlanta/Smyrna: Please join for updates on our Eagles Nest.

I was just in Philly last month and bought a ton of new raffle items. This week we will have 2 raffle's, one for a "big ticket item" and the regular fan gear raffle, (the "grey tickets"). We will have REAL S. Philly pretzels and Philly Fries. The kids play table in the non-smoking section has been a hit and will be there again for all of the kids.

Get there early for a premier seat, dress in green, grab the kids, and call your friends. Everyone is welcome here! Go Birds!

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/SWOOPFAN

WWW.VARNERSTAVERN.COM

Do you get a Philly crowd there for the Phillies games?

Do you get a Philly crowd there for the Phillies games?

We have not officially organized anything, but during the week we have about 5-10 fans show up. This weekend I think there will be a lot of ppl staying after the football game to watch the Phillies. We also made the AJC! Check it out. http://www.ajc.com/sports/metro-atlanta-ya...ies-175607.html

philadelphiaeagles09@gmail.com