Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pedro

Official New York City Eagle Fans Thread

www.towntavernnyc.com

looks like a good place.  Every Eagles game on 12 flatscreen TV's.

Employees in eagle gear.

I'll be there Sunday.

6985766[/snapback]

I was there (Town Tavern) the last two weeks. (I park my black mototrcycle right out front and wear a helmet with the Eagle wings on it. YEAH, baby!) Pretty cool that they serve free cheese steaks at halftime! Didn't meet anyone from here online yet, but the fans there are great!

user posted image

Hey! I'm a huge Eagles fan and each year a bunch of my friends from all over the country meet up and drink heavily and watch an Eagles game. This year I won and we are going to the Eagles/Giants game in December. We have our tickets, but we don't have a car or anyone to tailgate with. Does anyone have any suggestions? We would like to hang with some fellow bird fans!

im from Staten Island.

Die hard Eagles fan

7397011[/snapback]

Where abouts in staten island? I thought me and my father were the only eagle fans suffering around here dealing with the giant fans.

Where abouts in staten island? I thought me and my father were the only eagle fans suffering around here dealing with the giant fans.

7474389[/snapback]

na brother I live in westchester county "upstate to you" and surrounded by f' giants fans they talk so much poo!!! that ok I am still talking poo about the da bears...half of there def went to play basketball since there "ballin" f' all the g-nat fans!!!

I was there (Town Tavern) the last two weeks. (I park my black mototrcycle right out front and wear a helmet with the Eagle wings on it. YEAH, baby!) Pretty cool that they serve free cheese steaks at halftime! Didn't meet anyone from here online yet, but the fans there are great!

user posted image

7379556[/snapback]

I've been to Town taverna bunch of times but never for a birds game. I'm living in hoboken now. The have a bar called Scotland Yard which is an eagles bar. it's alright.

another place me and a bunch of eagles fans are meeting up at is Black Finn

Boy am I slow catching up with this thread, glad to see it, but I wish it had been sooner. I live uptown, so I had no idea the Town Tavern in the Village was a hot spot for Eagles fans. It was No. 5 who made an Eagles fan out of me, and with no disrespect to all the other great Eagles, I confess I haven't much enthusiasm for shlepping anywhere to watch the rest of this season's games... sad.gif

im from Staten Island.

Die hard Eagles fan

7397011[/snapback]

(sorry, first time blogging or whatever you call this)

Wow, someone else who bleeds green in S.I., thought I was alone. I moved up here from South Jersey about 8 years ago. Born & bred Eagles fan.

7474389[/snapback]

S.I. Eagle's Fans unite! It's nice to know I'm not the only one here enjoying watching the Gints self destruct.

To all NYC Eagles fans -

While I can't help the S.I.ers, there is an answer for anyone in or willing to go to Manhattan. Go to Wogie's. I can't stress this imperative emphatically enough. This place not only shows all Philly sports games, it shows nothing BUT Philly sports games. This place is the Philadelphia embassy in NYC. Go there. It's your obligation.

Wogie's

Wogie's is tempting, but I am heading over to town tavern tomorrow. chrisbah is also heading over there. Everyone else, let me know if you are going to TT. PM me or respond here.

Wow! You guys missed one heck of a show over at Town Tavern. All you need to know is that the postgame involved this cutie Eagle chick dancing and flashing on top of the bar right in from of chris and me. She was practically rubbing our faces with her sweet arse. Great way to cap off an Eagles playoff win! thumbup.gif

Wow! You guys missed one heck of a show over at Town Tavern.  All you need to know is that the postgame involved this cutie Eagle chick dancing and flashing on top of the bar right in from of chris and me.  She was practically rubbing our faces with her sweet arse.  Great way to cap off an Eagles playoff win!  thumbup.gif

7836621[/snapback]

DUDE AWESOME NITE! Thatwas one of the best games at the TT! Great crowd! and a sweet bubble butt dancing in our faces afterwards!

I have been to Wogies in the West Village a few times for games... its totally packed with bird fans, makes mean cheesesteak (wid onions and wiz), and has cheap lager. It can get a little tiring standing, but the crowd is fantastic

To all NYC Eagles fans -

While I can't help the S.I.ers, there is an answer for anyone in or willing to go to Manhattan. Go to Wogie's. I can't stress this imperative emphatically enough. This place not only shows all Philly sports games, it shows nothing BUT Philly sports games. This place is the Philadelphia embassy in NYC. Go there. It's your obligation.

Wogie's

That's right around the corner from the Town Tavern (W3rd@6th) ... gonna have to check it out. Thanx for the tip!

:worthy:Eagle_smiley.jpg

Is ship of fools still a good place to go? I just moved to the UES and am looking for a good spot. I guess I will find out this weekend.

Go Birds!

Grew up in Allentown a diehard Birds fan, been living in Manhattan for the past five years. My thoughts:

Ship of Fools: Fun spot, alot of Eagles fans, but they will also have other games on and not necessarily have the audio for the Birds. Apparently a big Steelers bar too.

Town Tavern: If I dont go to SoF, this is where I go. Everyone here bleeds green, and youre guaranteed to feel like youre at the Linc (well, probably more like the Vet). Anyone walking in with an opposing teams jersey on will be adequately berated. If you're planning on going, best bet is to call ahead and make a reservation if you want a place to sit. This place gets PACKED.

St. Marks Ale House: Have heard its a good Birds bar but never been. Maybe I will check it out this weekend.

Look forward to meeting some people from these boards at any of the three this season! GO BIRDS!

Originally from West Chester, living in Queens...

I discovered Wogies last weekend in the West Village. I went to watch the Birds/Cowboys game and EVERYONE there was an Eagles fan...green jerseys everywhere. It's an amazing atmosphere - fight song, Yeungling and cheesesteaks - you can't ask for more if you live in NYC.

Address: 39 Greenwich Ave

Gonna be in NYC this Sunday and I wanna make sure I am with some like-minded birds fans. Any advice woudl be appreciated. Seems like Wogies is the most popular but a lot of those posts looked old. Just wanted to double check.

How could you possibly be an Eagles fan? Don't New Yorkers hate Philly and anything associated with it, especially the Eagles?

give him a break he has great taste and class. he is not like everyother band wagon scraped knee douch in the US that likes either the yankees or the giants. or god forbid the cowgirls.

when i lived in the city i loved walking by MSG wearing my flyers away jersey