Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My_Dog_Dawk

Eagles Fans in Denver

Guest SenseiFred@comcast.net

There are also Eagles fans at Pat's Cheesestakes. They have three locations. Some of us from the Aurora, Centennial, Lone Tree, Greenwood Village area are going to the one on Arapahoe Road and I-25. they are at patscheesesteaks.com.

The Public House is Great, but we are trying to find a place a little closer. Eagle_smiley.jpg

Guest SenseiFred@comcast.net
i just called the public house and they MAY have the game on with sound. EVERYONE needs to call and ask - the more requests the more likely they are to play the game.

6967360[/snapback]

Screw the Public House let's meet at one of the Pat's. First come, first serve. They are a Philly based resturant! They have forgotten where they came from. What would Vince Papale say!?!

Screw the Public House let's meet at one of the Pat's.  First come, first serve.  They are a Philly based resturant!  They have forgotten where they came from.  What would Vince Papale say!?!

6981103[/snapback]

PAT's is is then! i'll be rocking a #12 throwback!!!

i think i want to check it out. are you having people at your place still?

6986328[/snapback]

Yes I am... first week will be a small crowd... mainly because everyone wants to go downtown. I, on the otherhand, spent WAY to much money last year atb the bars. Hence, "The Nest" at my crib...

I live right by the Pat's on Iliff/Evans.

Too bad that one sucks...barely even has a TV in there.

6991329[/snapback]

Glad you posted this. I live off of Evans and was going to go there. I'm new in town and haven't been yet. Looks like I may head to the downtown Pat's.

Have you ever been to Taste of Philly on Colorado? Would that be a good place to go on gameday?

Glad you posted this.  I live off of Evans and was going to go there.  I'm new in town and haven't been yet.  Looks like I may head to the downtown Pat's. 

Have you ever been to Taste of Philly on Colorado?  Would that be a good place to go on gameday?

6991548[/snapback]

PAT'S DOWNTOWN IS THE PLACE TO BE!!!

HAHAHAHAHA....  right... have fun at Pat's...  perhaps ya'll will catch a game with us sometime this year

7002749[/snapback]

for sure!!!

Alright guys, how was Pat's downtown? They have good TV's and the sound on for the game or what?

Also, of course none of you guys would know it but I did make it on TV Sunday celebrating after the 2nd TD. Good times.

Pat's had the Eagles on all 3 big TV's, and the sound was cranked throughout the bar. Had a couple other games on the small tvs with no sound. 90% eagles fans in attendance. Good times for sure. They even gave out free shots to everybody.

Alright guys, how was Pat's downtown? They have good TV's and the sound on for the game or what?

Also, of course none of you guys would know it but I did make it on TV Sunday celebrating after the 2nd TD. Good times.

7011521[/snapback]

pat's was great, they even have cheese whiz!

http://www.kraftfoods.com/cheezwhiz/cw_index.html

Eagles fans in Denver, Boulder, Westminster, Thornton, Northglenn... the entire surrounding area... come to the "Nest" to watch your games...

E-mail me at kmurray@philadenver.com for more information...

Kevin Murray

Philadenver.com (still under construction)

Here is the typical response from those who go to the Public House:

Craig writes in after last weeks game (Philadenver.com member)

"Can't make this one, as I'm out of town. Watched the first game at the Public House and as usuall it SUCKED! They started off by changing the games on the screen, not having sound on, as usual they were out of stock on a ton of stuff, the service was pathetic and the food mediocre at best. Least the birds WON, so the day wasn't a total loss"

Here are my two cents...

When we bring you 40-50 people a week (when we were not in there, the place was empty) you need to treat us right... agreed?

Example, we were at the Public House last year at 9:30 AM for the Chargers game (drinking I may add - before the specials started - and we were sitting in front at the bar - 5 of us - holding the TV and section for the rest of the gang (about 30-35 more people - casually entering between 10 and kick off). 5 minutes before kick off, three Bengal fans walk in. The management came to us and said, in exact words "Hey guys, we're going to let these three people sit here - can you move somewhere over there in the corner". My jaw dropped. We had already dropped close to $100.00 in an hour and a half, been sitting in that same exact spot since week one, and they want us to move 5 minutes before kick off to assist some stragglers? It had nothing top do with support of a different team. Just the simple fact that they wanted to assist people that just showed up, rather than take care of the people that had been coming since the season began and had been dropping cash like P Diddy. Then they turned of the sound. Got mad at us for getting on some Dallas fans (who, this is the funny part - were friends of people that were in our group - and sitting with us). Their service is terrible. Originally, the beer specials were all you can drink, anything from the tap, except for Guinness. So, with that said, and Stella on tap, I order 10-11 during the game. Come to find out, after the beer was in me, waitress drops "Oh I'm sorry sweetie, those are not part of the special - there was some confusiuon on OUR END - those are $5.00 a pint - and you have to pay it" (Did she just not say confusion on OUR END). They would add drinks we never ordered to our tab (when you order the $20.00 all you can drink beer special - and all you drink is that - how is it you can all of a sudden have a $80.00 bar tab). The only people that were actually cool were Amy, who no longer works there, and Tony the DJ... They got to good of a "Buzz" being that they pretty much hosted the Eagle/Bronco events prior to the game - that weekend they were great, but that was expected since we basically took over Lodo (downtown). There were plenty other things they did. I'm not upset they treated us bad because 99.9% of us were from Philadelphia. But from the business side of it. Do you tend to the 40-50 people that are spending the cash weekly? Or totally ignore them and take care of the 3 stragglers there that ordered... get this... coffee and then left!!!

HAHAHAHA.... I take option 1...

I decided, after the Deenver game, to NEVER go back to the Public House, never give them another dime... (unless I'm back home)

I can get the same kind of service from my ex girlfriend...

So, with that said. When ever in Denver... hit up our new sponser Pats, or, use the alternative and hit the "Nest" (my spot - with full NFL lineup) where the Kegerator is always on tap!!!

Don't forget to check out Phillytailgate.com either (shamless plug)

Kevin Murray

Philadenver.com

Up.

I hope some people show up for this game. 

Whiz wit for dinner.  yum.

7167135[/snapback]

How many turned out at Pat's for the game last night? Was it a good atmosphere to watch the game?

Shawn

I'd say around 25 birds fans. Definitely a good atmosphere. Fly Eagles Fly gets played in house after every TD. Cheesesteakes are money as well.