Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notagain

Boston

Hmm, Let Me Take You Home Tonight and Rock and Roll band are probably the two best tracks.

7299983[/snapback]

laugh.gif

I thought he was talking about the band as well.

There is actually a few things to do there, you got the waterfront night life. The museums, zoo's and you can make fun of the Pats fans.

Just be warned that Rt 95 and Rt 93 in Boston between the hours of 6 am to almost noon, you are looking at 15 to 20 mile back ups.

Boston does not know what Yuengling is....

user posted image

My groupie loves the pics I post...

7300050[/snapback]

Fishing for your groupie?

Boston's a nice city but it's a hassle to live there and is very expensive.

The urban area is a lot smaller than most cities; most people live in

little towns with town squares that have grown together into the

greater Boston area.

There are great restaurants but it'll cost you an arm and a leg to park.

Basically the cost of an extra dinner at a nice restaurant. (A friend

recently told me it's like $40 to park downtown for a night out.)

It gets very cold and you REALLY need to be careful when driving.

I was warned about the BLACK ICE (invisible) which forms on roads,

yet I still slid off the road into a huge snowbank and had to be towed out.

Much worse than any road condition I've ever encountered in Philly.

The highways are narrow and drivers get extremely aggressive.

Lots of fender benders at rush hour. You have to drive very defensively.

I have several friends from Boston and even the hippest ones are

somewhat prudish compared to most big city Americans.

Massachusetts is one of the most beautiful states I've been to,

due to iron clad zoning which keeps the highways free of billboards

and great management of the forests, which cover much of the state.

Salem is a cool little tourist stop not far from Boston.

That's about all I can tell you. Only spent a few days there.

Have fun if you go.

Great town with a terrific restaurant scene and plenty of history and culture. It is expensive, and driving downtown is a pain in the butt. Unlike Philly, which is laid out in a grid, Boston streets go in random directions. Public transportation (the "T') is efficient though. Peronality-wise, the people are the same as in any big city in the Northeast.

She's not taking a car and I don't see the point of renting one if they have decent public transportation or if there is ice on the ground.

ohmy.gifnonono.gifthumbdown.gif

Fishing for your groupie?

7300059[/snapback]

I've noticed your groupie is a little more spontaneous than mine...

ohmy.gifnonono.gif  thumbdown.gif

7300154[/snapback]

On the other hand, you can buy beer by the bottle here... unlike PA which forces you to buy an entire case. Great idea for trying out new beers, speaking of which, Sam Adams and Harpoon have some good brews to try out.

you'll also have to deal with the "big dig" which never seems to ever want to end. that is if u are doing any driving. traffic up there is as bad, if not worse than down here in tx. but yeah the cold is very different if you've never dealt with new england winters. so wool sweaters and snow coats r a good thing for your wife to have.

Eagles Fans in Boston watch games at The Sports Depot (http://www.sportsdepotboston.com) in Allston (Boston suburb). There are usually at least 20 of us cheering (or crying). Join us any time!

7415270[/snapback]

Anyone going to be at the Depot for the game this week?

Anyone going to be at the Depot for the game this week?

7862611[/snapback]

yup. ask any eagle fan there if you want to be put on the email list - we generally go to the depot, but could change that in the future.

yup. ask any eagle fan there if you want to be put on the email list - we generally go to the depot, but could change that in the future.

For anyone still searching these message boards....Boston fans watch games at An Tua Nua (835 Beacon St.), private room, sound and food/drink specials! Email me for more info or to be added to the list (davidjquinn@gmail.com)

For anyone still searching these message boards....Boston fans watch games at An Tua Nua (835 Beacon St.), private room, sound and food/drink specials! Email me for more info or to be added to the list (davidjquinn@gmail.com)

You guys watch games there every week? I wish I knew about this before . :towel:

was in boston visiting fam over weekend. caught the game here(49ers). spotty feed but get that at times at home even. for the most part they had a BIG backroom with 2 tvs(full screen) about 50-60 people there but EVERYONE was way cool! if in boston check it out or atleast kit with web to see if they moved.great game w/great people!