Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JessieSmall236

Great Moments in Eagles Road Trip History

1010559ag0.jpg

What a great picture. Was that in San Fran or some other city?

I met you and your sons in San Fran. We were on the Green Legion trip. The first stop on the pub crawl on Thursday night was supposed to start at this small bar/restaurant near Fisherman's Wharf. My wife and I sat at the bar and you came up to us and introduced yourself. We later found out that about 1,000 Eagle/Phillie fans were at Knuckles Sports Bar for the Phillies-Dodgers game 1 of the NLCS. I saw you at Knuckles as well as at the game. Great trip!

Eagles v Carolina (9/13/09) - Looking forward to opening a can of whoopass on them since I had the trip planned last Jan for the NFC Championship game, but they crapped the bed!

Eagles v Miami (12/15/03) - Dolphins stadium was half Eagles fans that Monday nite...It was awesome!

Eagles v TB (10/22/06) - Hey....we were in Tampa and who the hell hits 60 yarders every week...beer was good, Mcnabb puked! Good times!

Eagles v Dallas (9/3/00)- Pickle Juice game! Took over the Corral..saw Larry Hagman! nuff said!

Eagles v Dallas (12/6/93) - Battled with Dallas fans over my sign, "W[A]lker + ubby = [C]owbows Lose" Fun Times!

and alot of other Eagles v Dallas games...too many to mention!

Im gonna add Oakland and San Diego to this trip, can't wait. Plus I'm making a road trip to PHILLY to see the Birds and KC!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Carolina, 2003. Threadkillers and MOFOs meet for a peaceful tailgate. Laughed at the Carolina fan with "Diehard" on his jersey, given that one of us Eagles fans was named Diehard. Many, many of the members of the EMB were at the game, we barely pulled out the game, and I met my wife there as well.

I hope to be going to the Chicago game after Thanksgiving. Went there in 2004 and it was a blast.

I hope to be going to the Chicago game after Thanksgiving. Went there in 2004 and it was a blast.

I'll say! We got engaged on that road trip; I bought my McNabb Mt. Carmel high school throwback jersey (oh well), had two great steak dinners -- inc. one with California Eagle (RIP) and his son.......fun, fun times.

- SF : the monday night game where Koy Detmer torched em'... not a road trip game cuz I'm from the Bay, but HOLY ISH, We painted that park Green!!

I remember this one. It was the Monday before Thanksgiving. Was out in SF for the holiday with family. McNabb was injured and _______ ? (2d string QB -- was it AJ Feeley?) went down early with an injury. Detmer came in and threw for 4 TDs or something. It was surprising because the first two Eagles plays of the game were a sack and a fumble at the 10 yard line or somethng, and I remember turning to my dad and saying, "it's going to be a long game."

I also remember the game at the Meadowlands (was it 2003? 2004?) where Westbrook returned a punt for a TD in the final seconds.......and of course the playoff game at the Meadowlands in 2009 where the Giants figured it was just a speed bump on the way to the NFCCG. (the game where McNabb picked up the phone on the Giants sideline when he ran out of bounds).

.......and of course the playoff game at the Meadowlands in 2009 where the Giants figured it was just a speed bump on the way to the NFCCG. (the game where McNabb picked up the phone on the Giants sideline when he ran out of bounds).

Our last road trip. The very next Tuesday we got the call about Jack, if you remember.