Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sammy18

Eagles Road Trips in 2008

I live in the Bay Area so I will once again be at the SF game. But I'm also looking to head to Cincinnati. I have friends who live out that way plus I want to visit the Pro-Football HOF.

just FYI...cincinnati and canton are nowhere near each other, they are in complete opposite corners of the state

its at least a 3.5 hour drive

I live in the Bay Area so I will once again be at the SF game. But I'm also looking to head to Cincinnati. I have friends who live out that way plus I want to visit the Pro-Football HOF.

you're better off going to a game when the eagles play in cleveland then. canton is in the northeast part of the state, cincinnati in the very southwest part fo the state.

Great thread! Was just coming on here to start a similar thread.

I go see them play at the Meadowlands every year.

Would like to make the overnight trip to Baltimore. (Party in the Inner Harbor and Fell's Point the night before)

Chicago is a great city. Great people. Fun City. But after going there once and going to a game at Wrigley I vowed I would never go back unless I incorporated a Cubs game as well. Anyone that's gone to Wrigley, sat in the bleachers and hung out at the different bars surrounding the stadium knows what I'm talking about. We'll see what the date is and if the Cubs are home.

San Francisco a definite possibility. Never been there. Possibly lots of tickets available for Eagles fans. Easy takeover?

Probably won't go to Seattle. Going there for a conference in June. Probably difficult for a large number of Eagles fans to get tickets.

Anyone who hasn't seen the Eagles play in Dallas should make the trip. Nothing more fun than yelling for the Eagles in the home of the Cowgirls and their cockroach fans.

Very interested in Cincinnati. Was there for a Reds game this summer. Neat little city. Stadiums right on the water. I agree with Sammy. This is a great option. Prime stadium for a takeover.

Depending on how the dates shake out, will go to 2 or 3 out of San Fran, Cincy, Baltimore, Dallas, Chicago and NYG.

Let's keep talking. Now I'm pumped about 2008.

I must also say that while it is a very long trip, San Fran should once again be a great road trip. I was there last year and the place was packed with eagles fans.

But in the end, we still have to wait for the schedule. New Orleans was supposed to be THE roadtrip this year and many people cancelled their plans when the date was announced.

I would love to make a trip for the San Fran game, depends on home much the airfare from Vegas is gonna be. If it's under $250 I'll probably go.

I would love to make a trip for the San Fran game, depends on home much the airfare from Vegas is gonna be. If it's under $250 I'll probably go.

Just did expedia for flights on a friday in september...under $200. Now you can go

Just did expedia for flights on a friday in september...under $200. Now you can go

hmmm that's good, but have to see exactly when the eagles will be playing them. hope the meet in the beginning of the season and NOT in december.

i know that there was a very small chance that we could play in detroit instead of chicago. since detroit lost and chicago won today, both finished 7-9. does that mean that we play in detroit now?

i know that there was a very small chance that we could play in detroit instead of chicago. since detroit lost and chicago won today, both finished 7-9. does that mean that we play in detroit now?

Nope, Chicago still finished last in the North so we get to play them next year at Soldier.

Guest JerseyGirlinVegas

Did the trip to San Fran last year and it was great, wouldn't mind doing it again next year! Got to meet some other EMB people as well!

the problem with this upcoming season is that there are too many convenient road trips. baltimore is so close, especially for someone like me who lives halfway between philly and baltimore, that it's not even a weekend trip; it's just a day trip. the road trips that are the most fun are the ones where we bring tens of thousands of fans to a city that is far away. for instance, there were about 30,000 of us down in tampa. i was there, and the atmosphere was insane.

the problem with this upcoming season is that there are too many convenient road trips. baltimore is so close, especially for someone like me who lives halfway between philly and baltimore, that it's not even a weekend trip; it's just a day trip. the road trips that are the most fun are the ones where we bring tens of thousands of fans to a city that is far away. for instance, there were about 30,000 of us down in tampa. i was there, and the atmosphere was insane.

Weekend Trip:

Cincinnati

Chicago

Far Away:

San Francisco

Seattle

Dallas

Day Trip:

Baltimore

Landover

East Rutherford

Whats the problem? :huh:

Weekend Trip:

Cincinnati

Chicago

Far Away:

San Francisco

Seattle

Dallas

Day Trip:

Baltimore

Landover

East Rutherford

Whats the problem? :huh:

:thumbsup::towel: I like it. Like going to the supermarket. Go to one game from each bin.

Gonna try to make the trip from PegCity Manitoba to Chi-Town...Hopefully can double up on Eagles and a Blackhawk game...Got to cheer on PegCitys own Jonathan Toews...Knuck If Ya Buck

I'm definitely going to be at the Chicago game, seeing as how I live about an hour away and it was a great time the last time the Birds played the Bears in IL (Champaign).... :thumbsup:

I'm definitely going to be at the Chicago game, seeing as how I live about an hour away and it was a great time the last time the Birds played the Bears in IL (Champaign).... :thumbsup:

October 3rd, 2004 when the Eagles won 19-9 if i remember correctly? TO did sit-ups in the endzone after catching a TD off a short quick slant?

I'm trying to go to the Ravens and/or Redskins game. How much do Eagles/Redskins tickets at FedEx Field usually cost?

I'd like to go to Cincinnati also, since it's pretty close to where I'm from (Knoxville,TN) so it'd be a good opportunity to see family and catch a game. I went there for the Bengals/Bills game on Christmas Eve 2005.

Tickets against the Falcons and Panthers are pretty cheap and easy to get, especially when they're losing, but Philly doesn't play there this year.

I live outside of DC, so Redskins and Ravens are pretty much a given for me. I did Chicago in 2004 and SF in 2006, you won't be disappointed in either city. The Chicago trip was amazing because I was able to see a game in Wrigley field on Saturday. I'm surprised no one is talking about Seattle. Seems like a very cool city plus their stadium looks awesome. That's kinda what I used to decide. How do other people decide?

the problem with seattle is that t might be the toughest road game to get tickets to. seattle would be a fun city, but i would rather go to a place that will have 25,000 eagles fans instead of 10,000 eagles fans. san francisco and cincinnati look prime for this.

chicago is slightly ahead of seattle. i feel that it would be a little bit easier to get tickets there. i won't go to chicago if it's after columbus day, though. i want to go somewhere a little warm, whether it's anywhere in september, or a sunbelt city in winter.

washington and baltimore are great candidates to take over, but they are almost too easy. i think i will try and do baltimore as a second road trip this year. washington can be any year, since we play them every season.

alot depends on the schedule and when these road games are played. speaking of getting tickets, does anyone have any early info on getting tickets to any of these road games. I've always done ebay in the past but know several teams put a limited amount of tickets on sale in the summer time much like the Ealges do.

i had to get saints tickets from stubhub; the saints did not offer them on their website (or i missed when they went on sale).

my friend's cousin got me and my friends our tickets in tampa for the 2006 season. i'm not sure how he got them, but he lives down there so it must've been easier than doing it over the computer from 1,000 miles away.

alot depends on the schedule and when these road games are played. speaking of getting tickets, does anyone have any early info on getting tickets to any of these road games. I've always done ebay in the past but know several teams put a limited amount of tickets on sale in the summer time much like the Ealges do.

You can go to Ticketmaster and put in the name of the city you're going to and they will give you if tickets are available. When I went to Dallas this past season, on the Philly.com sports site, they have a section that says, "Philadelphia Eagles tickets available"; when you click on it, it gives you both home and away games. If you choose an away game, they'll transfer you to a ticket broker in that area. I got my tickets from an agency in Ft Worth. They Fed Exed my tickets to my aunt's in Florida where I picked them up when we went to visit last August.

The last two times I've been to Eagles' games in Philly--Nov 2002 and Nov 2006, it absolutely poured and in 2002, it was especially cold.

Incidentally, since I've been living in England, I've gone to see the Eagles 3 times--and they're 3-0.