Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sammy18

Eagles Road Trips in 2008

aside from baltimore, which is just an hour away from me here in delaware, my friends and i are looking at chicago, san francisco, seattle, and cincinnati for road trips. we will probably do one that is early in the season, when the weather is warmer.

I'll be going to the Seattle game next year for sure since I live near Seattle. I can't wait. I'm saving up so I can get some good seats.

I'm also thinking about going to the San Fran game, if you guys all plan to head down and do a take over, i'd definitely go. It would be fun.

San Francisco, California

Seattle, Washington

Baltimore, Maryland

Cincinnati, Ohio

East Rutherford, New Jersey

Landover, Maryland

Irving, Texas

(Chicago, Illinois or Detroit, Michigan, depending on final records)

A lot depends on what week of the season the games will be played, but I am already planning my trip to Cincinnati in '08. Also, I have never been to Texas Stadium and would like to invade the land of the cockroach...

The Baltimore game will be great for all the Eagles fans in the Baltimore area.Alot of us will meet at McGerks in Federal Hill.There will be atleast 10,000 Eagles fans there.Cant wait

My thoughts are, Chicago is a great city, and the fans are great. That would be a great trip to make. I don't really know anything about Cincinnati, but they have pretty good fans so depending on how well they're doing, I don't think there would be a "take-over" there. Beside for the division games where there are always a lot of Birds fans, I think the most Eagles fans will be at the Baltimore and San Fran games.

I will seriously look into hitting San Fran this year. I think I can get a direct flight there from Honolulu, that'll be the closest game for me!

The Baltimore game will be great for all the Eagles fans in the Baltimore area.Alot of us will meet at McGerks in Federal Hill.There will be atleast 10,000 Eagles fans there.Cant wait

I think you're setting the bar way too low for the Baltimore game. There should be a lot more there. So close to Philly. Only play there once every 8 years. Eagles have never played in that stadium during the regular season.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only game I remember the Eagles playing in Baltimore against the Ravens was at the height of the Bobby Hoying era :D when Bobby the wonder QB led us to a tie.

There should be easily 20,000+ Eagles fans for that game.

lol...there wont be anywhere close to 20k eagles fans in balitmore and probably not even 10k...steelers get less than that and they travel better than eagles fans...tickets are not easy to get in baltimore as the raven fans hold on to them pretty well

there is a chance for 10k only if the game is later in the year and the eagles are doing great and the ravens suck...that perfect storm would be the only way there would be a massive takeover

baltimore and cincy (easy tickets) are my two trips this year

lol...there wont be anywhere close to 20k eagles fans in balitmore and probably not even 10k...steelers get less than that and they travel better than eagles fans...tickets are not easy to get in baltimore as the raven fans hold on to them pretty well

there is a chance for 10k only if the game is later in the year and the eagles are doing great and the ravens suck...that perfect storm would be the only way there would be a massive takeover

steelers play baltimore every year, eagles play there once every 8 years

thats irrelevant...there are way more steeler fans wanting tickets every year than actually get them...it will be the same for the eagles game this year...a solid amount of fans will go but there will be way more who dont go cause they cant get tickets....baltimore isnt miami or charlotte...hell its not even cincinnati

Respect your opinon. I guess I underestimated the Ravens' fan base.

The only thing I will disagree with is that the Steeler fans "TRAVEL better" than Eagle fans. The Steelers have good numbers at road games. Where that is different than Eagle fans is:

1. They, like the Packers, Cowboys, and Dolphins, have a national fan base. This is due to the Steroid Curtain years of the 1970's. ALL of those Steeler fans you see at road games are not from Pittsburgh or Western PA. The Steelers have grown a national fanbase. The Birds are a regional team with an EXTREMELY passionate regional fan base. I'd bet anything that there are more Eagle fans leaving Eastern PA, South Jersey, or Northern Delaware for any Eagles road game than there are Steeler fans leaving Western PA or West Virginia for any Steeler road game.

2. Steeler fans always appear more numerous on TV because of those stupid "terrible" towels. I plan on taking as many of those as I can when they come to the Nest of Death in the fall of 2008.

lmao that was a good post jessie and i couldnt agree more, i notice alot of road steeler fans but agree that the majority of them did not come from pittsburgh. i also hope you're right that this is a big takeover in baltimore, guess we'll find out.

Do you know if the ravens sell single game tickets, because i beleive the bengals website said they will not for the 08 season....

Everyone making road trips, you can go on Stubhub and buy your tickets now. There are hundreds of tickets still available for $100-200 each on the lower level in Cincinnati

Everyone making road trips, you can go on Stubhub and buy your tickets now. There are hundreds of tickets still available for $100-200 each on the lower level in Cincinnati

Had no problem getting tickets for Cincy. A big reason why so many places sell out, is because of the secondary market (Stubhub). You can get tickets for anywhere. Sure, GB and Dallas will cost you an arm and a leg - but most places are more reasonably priced than Linc (part of the added bonus of the road trip).